The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Body Inflation and Expansion (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Pixel Rena Inflate (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8923)

shadow 11-12-2007 07:32 PM

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure out why...

SoylentOrange 11-12-2007 07:59 PM

Always great to see new spritework. Even better in the service of a Process-oriented game- best of luck to you in finishing it! :D

erolunai 11-12-2007 08:43 PM

Thank you as well,
Spoiler:
I'm testing out some movement sprites now, using a sprite sheet of a samus and renamon screenshots as examples, hopefully I can get some sprites set out sometime soon, and hopefully it won't take as long as I thought it would...
One of the very first traps is a de-digivolution trap that triggers if a jump is missed, causing the new viximon to get inflated
Some of the traps are a lot more X-rated than others though, so I'm a little nervous about how to get those drawn...

erolunai 11-13-2007 03:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've got another pixel attempt here, it was more difficult again, I didn't use as much of the example picture as a guidline this time.
The picture is scaled at 100% for the smallest, 200%, 400%, and 800%.
This would be the "stand" frame, at 100% it is a slight bit bigger than the sprite of samus from super metroid.

Khaaan 11-13-2007 12:27 PM

I have to say, that's a pretty good sprite for a first attempt.

My only issue with it is that the yellow colors you used could stand to be sliiiightly less pale and more yellow. Slightly. But that's just my opinion. Anyone else agree or disagree?

erolunai 11-13-2007 12:34 PM

I suppose so, I actually borrowed the main colours of a screenshot of renamon, but I guess the colours got altered during the conversion,
I'll try editing the colours to look more like the way she regularily appears.

erolunai 11-13-2007 05:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are a few more colour considerations, how do these look?

Kagamaru 11-13-2007 05:49 PM

As a fellow spriter, I gotta say you're doing a good job on this :o

I'll say the second, kinda beige color.. but a little lighter, and a little more vivid in color.

Khaaan 11-13-2007 05:51 PM

Oops, I didn't realize that there were seven palettes, not four. I'm going with the fifth one. It's nice and bright, with a nicely defined outline.

erolunai 11-14-2007 01:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks again everyone :D

I'm not exactly sure about your description, is #8 kind of like what you meant?

I'll number them this time to make it a bit more clear.
I haven't tried the walk animation yet though, and some of the legs look a little off, I might try re-doing them later...
Next is jumping and landing, then attacking, special interactions, and then on to the "special" sprites, rooms, code and music.

If things continue to go well, I'll try to get the "tutorial" level out at least before christmas.

SoylentOrange 11-14-2007 02:12 AM

5 is definitely the way to go, I'd say.

Keep up the good work, this looks promising. :)

The Other Dude 11-15-2007 04:52 AM

Hey now, this is pretty nice. Any news on how this is coming along at the moment?