The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Body Inflation and Expansion (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Beach Blanket Blueberry-it has begun! (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8752)

Stephen 11-04-2007 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bunnieberry (Post 119320)
(C) That little key next to the letter 'z' on your keyboard? That's called the 'Shift' key, and it makes letters capitalized where appropriate. Please, feel free to practice using it. Notice I said, 'where appropriate.' Please don't write your next reply entirely in capitals.)

dude he doesn't have to capitalize if he doesn't want to. this isn't a forum for proper grammar, ok.

gz_ground_zero 11-04-2007 04:51 PM

Quote:

A) If you'd seen his gallery as you claimed, you'd have seen the cover, which shows a teenage girl. Not a child.

B) If you'd have looked through his scraps, you'd have seen more sketches of the 'Violet' character. Again, not a child. There's at least three sketches there, if you'd look first before getting riled up.

"Teenager" spans the ages between 13 years to 19. That's 6 years of vagueness. Any human being under the age of 18 is still considered a "child?, which leaves 2 years of your statement to fit into.

What are you basing her age off of? The fact she has breasts? Girls, on average, have fully developed breasts between the ages of 13 or 14, and first begin to develop them normally around 10.5 years. I would hardly think of them not being a "child" at that time.

I can see where the poster is coming from, though, as in all those sketches the girl looks like she's probably 15 at most. Also, walking through his gallery, the array of childhood icons succumbed by his hand (many of which in their respective stories are very under age) could give the impression that he is using under age characters in this comic.

Quote:

(C) That little key next to the letter 'z' on your keyboard? That's called the 'Shift' key, and it makes letters capitalized where appropriate. Please, feel free to practice using it. Notice I said, 'where appropriate.' Please don't write your next reply entirely in capitals.)

This makes you appear like you have no points at all, and are resorting to petty grammar nazism.

uruseiranma 11-04-2007 06:38 PM

To clarify the 'age issue' for my BBB characters

Hmm, I see that this post has veered from an announcement of the project to age issues.

As the creator, I'll try and clear the issue up.

The guy and girl in the comic are actually supposed to be 19. The scene is taking place after college finals (there was an allusion to this partly in page 1, and some more information will be told in Page 3).

I had originally thought of making the characters 'high-school age,' but realizing that 'certain articles of clothing might be popping off,' I decided that 19 would be their appropriate age. I just don't want to stop the comic and have one of those scripted lines like 'Well, I'm glad that being 19 years old and in college allows you to enjoy moments like this.'

On a final note, I just released page 2: http://uruseiranma.deviantart.com/ar...-Pg-2-69038545. I'm pretty happy with her name, which is Chinese in nature. What sealed the deal for her name, was when I found out what the last name 'Qing' means in Chinese.

Bunnieberry 11-04-2007 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gz_ground_zero (Post 119378)
This makes you appear like you have no points at all, and are resorting to petty grammar nazism.

Godwin's Law rises yet again.
Meh.

Pietran 11-04-2007 09:27 PM

Oooo, liking the second page. Keep up the good work.

ToboR 11-05-2007 06:20 AM

That belt is going to play a big role later, I'm sure!

shadow 11-05-2007 06:30 AM

Am I the only one who thinks that this "Tyra Qing" looks vaguely like that Veruka(or whatever her name was, all I can remember is that her name reminds me of pickles for some reason) from Willy Wonka, right down to the blue clothes, and the belt?

samtoey 11-05-2007 09:27 PM

i amend my earlier statements to Ephebophile and after seeing page two i can see it's an older character. this does not end my concern for his gallery but who am i the most awesome human being ever to question.
ps Bunnieberry I'll capitalize when i want.

ProfessorMishap 11-06-2007 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samtoey (Post 119617)
i amend my earlier statements to Ephebophile and after seeing page two i can see it's an older character. this does not end my concern for his gallery but who am i the most awesome human being ever to question.
ps Bunnieberry I'll capitalize when i want.

Gawd yer grammer hurts my eyes, and said quote makes them bleed.

Jedi_moogle_Cid 11-07-2007 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow (Post 119479)
Am I the only one who thinks that this "Tyra Qing" looks vaguely like that Veruka(or whatever her name was, all I can remember is that her name reminds me of pickles for some reason) from Willy Wonka, right down to the blue clothes, and the belt?

...... She's supposed to look like Veruca Salt; that's the idea. *blinks* Where have you been all this time?

shadow 11-07-2007 03:36 PM

In the broom closet...

Making out with the mop.

TB Tabby 11-07-2007 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow (Post 119479)

You seem to be confused. Veruca's outfit was red. Violet wore the blue clothes and the belt.