The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transformation (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Female Werewolf needles in a haystack (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23547)

Lycanthrokeith 01-18-2017 03:21 PM

Re: Female Werewolf needles in a haystack

There's one aspect of the AWIL remake that is being overlooked.

Even if the lead is female, and even if Landis the younger is at the helm...the effects will be nowhere near as good. Even if Rick Baker hadn't retired, the movie studios would instinctively resort to less expensive CGI as opposed to the previously used makeup, prosthetics, and animatronics.

There's just ultimately no way the remake will stack up to the original, solely for that fact.

lowes96 01-18-2017 04:37 PM

If I get to see her rip off her clothes and screaming in pain on all fours that's all I need lol

zokk 01-18-2017 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lycanthrokeith (Post 787283)
There's one aspect of the AWIL remake that is being overlooked.

Even if the lead is female, and even if Landis the younger is at the helm...the effects will be nowhere near as good. Even if Rick Baker hadn't retired, the movie studios would instinctively resort to less expensive CGI as opposed to the previously used makeup, prosthetics, and animatronics.

There's just ultimately no way the remake will stack up to the original, solely for that fact.

This is likely to be true, since Universal (I assume it will be the same studio that released the original) basically sent Rick Baker into early retirement because of his treatment during the making of The Wolfman (2010) and their trashing of the practical effects for the Thing remake and replacing them with CG.

aresx 01-18-2017 06:05 PM

Having watched a lot of Max Landis' videos about movie pitches...he seems to always give women a huge role in his movie scripts that he writes. there is a very good chance that this woman will be our werewolf. it seems VERY much in his character that he would attempt to give a female lead a chance in his next big movie

GenYun 01-18-2017 06:33 PM

Ehhh. I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic. I'm not going to get my hopes up because I've been burned after Bitten. And AWIP. And Cursed. And Darkwolf. And...

Need I go on?

trc071880 01-18-2017 07:00 PM

I would definitely put this under I'll believe it when I see it

alphaleo1977 01-18-2017 08:14 PM

and i seen her pic shes a good looking woman :)

oezdemircan aydinoglu 01-18-2017 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by exiram (Post 787279)
What was the name of that werewolf short film on vimeo? It’s with a guy hits on a girl in a bar and she turns into a werewolf? I’ve been trying to find it.

I believe it's called "The Dark"? That Aussie chick was smoking hot. Pretty good TF phases, but I would have liked to see more process.

Thrillerboy 01-19-2017 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oezdemircan aydinoglu (Post 787342)
I believe it's called "The Dark"? That Aussie chick was smoking hot. Pretty good TF phases, but I would have liked to see more process.

You're right on the nose. It'll take some digging through search filters on Vimeo, but it's still there, I promise.

baxter1327 01-19-2017 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thrillerboy (Post 787350)
You're right on the nose. It'll take some digging through search filters on Vimeo, but it's still there, I promise.

Here:
https://vimeo.com/4529608

Just went and looked up my original post about it. Save ya some time. Jeezus its been 7 yrs since that came out. Feels like only 5.

TailBoy 01-19-2017 07:27 AM

asking for a AWIL remake with female in it is like wanting a ghostbusters remake starring only women as the leads. XD