The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transformation (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Are Werehumans a thing? (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51085)

Gaim 07-24-2022 10:25 PM

Are Werehumans a thing?

I’m just genuinely curious, are there any stories where a creature or an animal transform into a human the same way a human would uncontrollably turn into a werewolf?

Amahain 07-24-2022 11:34 PM

Re: Are Werehumans a thing?

Yup.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...HumanityEnsues

GenYun 07-25-2022 11:58 AM

There was the Were-man played by Rhys Darby in the last season of the X-Files. Absolutely hilarious.

I know it's not female, but I thought it was worth mentioning for the comedy value.

lowes96 07-25-2022 04:03 PM

In the tv series Dinosaurs the big brother becomes a wereman like caveman type.

doctorwho_03 07-25-2022 06:59 PM

Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers - A Wolf in Cheap Clothing. Professor Nimnul invents a device that swaps the physical characteristics of a wolf with himself. When the wolf in question becomes human, he looks like a cartoon Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. 🤣

Jake 07-28-2022 02:14 PM

There is this: https://web.archive.org/web/20020212...on/animal.html

no-name 08-13-2022 07:28 PM

I'm sure there's a lot of "werehuman" transformations out there, but finding it might prove difficult.
Here's some that have come to mind:

Princess Tutu:
The main character (Ahiru/Duck/Princess Tutu) is a duck who can become human via a pendant; using the pendant in water turns her into a human, while quacking in human form reverts her into a duck. The story ends with the duck irreversibly turning back.

Chao from "Unico":
Chao/Katy/Chloe is a cat who wants to be a witch; the titular unicorn changes her into a human out of kindness. She has no way of changing forms herself throughout the adventure, and by story's end, she remains human.

Filo from "The Rising of Shield Hero":
Filo is...some kind of giant bird that suddenly transforms into a human with small wings, making her look more "angel-like", but the point stands.
(I know next to nothing about this story or if she even gains the ability to TF at will, btw.)

And, of course, the titular "Last Unicorn". While I've never seen the film or read the book, this mostly lines up with what I think you're looking for, albeit with more magic involved (the unicorn doesn't even have a name until much later in the story). I don't know if there's any on-screen TF, though.

I also remember an old story where one or two people successfully transform a female cat into a woman via "SCIENCE!!!" and proceed to teach her how to act more human. The relationship sours at some point (perhaps they had second thoughts and the cat didn't want to turn back, I'm not certain), but the story ends with her "mentor(s?)" becoming cat(s?) instead. Sadly, I can't remember the name of story or even the author.

There may have been some two-part short stories post here in the past (wolf-to-human and vice-versa; the human TF was posted first). I'm not sure if they're still here. The process itself was fine, though I wasn't too fond of how the mental changes were done, but that's just me.

That's all I can recall at this time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowes96 (Post 854605)
In the tv series Dinosaurs the big brother becomes a wereman like caveman type.

I vaguely remember that episode being funny, but I can't recall how the process itself was done.

Sunstrider 08-13-2022 11:06 PM

There was this french cartoon set in Africa, can't remember the name but I used to watch it on public access TV in the late 90s, where one of the characters was a gazelle or impala that turned into a girl at night due to a curse or something.

elrey 08-14-2022 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunstrider (Post 854755)
There was this french cartoon set in Africa, can't remember the name but I used to watch it on public access TV in the late 90s, where one of the characters was a gazelle or impala that turned into a girl at night due to a curse or something.

Looks interesting, could it be Kassai and Luk?

Amahain 08-14-2022 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elrey (Post 854756)
Looks interesting, could it be Kassai and Luk?

Oh wow, I've completely forgotten about the show.

Though from the Wikipedia article, it sounds like the princess was human and was cursed to turn into a gazelle during the daytime.

Gevaudan 08-15-2022 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no-name (Post 854750)
I also remember an old story where one or two people successfully transform a female cat into a woman via "SCIENCE!!!" and proceed to teach her how to act more human. The relationship sours at some point (perhaps they had second thoughts and the cat didn't want to turn back, I'm not certain), but the story ends with her "mentor(s?)" becoming cat(s?) instead. Sadly, I can't remember the name of story or even the author.

I believe you're referring to "Substitution", from the Old Doc's Lab TF story site, which I found here?

-Best regards, an ancient mostly-lurker.