The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   So what the heck happened? (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51437)

bja23 07-18-2023 06:30 AM

Re: So what the heck happened?

I was wondering what happened as well. It looked like for a moment the site got hacked and they were trying to do a ransom thing. (saw a site on the root with contact info on it) But I have no real data.

変な変態 07-18-2023 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prof_Sai (Post 857142)
It's still not possible for new members to join though right? So once this splash is over, is it back to the slow decline?

Is there a plan to fix this? I find it curious that The Process would intentionally end itself in this way.
I'm not sure about your point that everyone is on DA. Yes they might post there, but I don't consider this a big community. Everyone follows the creators they like, how ever it's not a platform that lends itself well for discussions.
Probably Shrunken-women-board and giantesscity are better suited for this. Like you mentioned there are discords, but the most active ones tend to be invite only.

I hope they find a way to fix this place.

Chaos Echo 07-18-2023 07:09 PM

I mean, if we're being honest, this whole place is a holdover from a bygone era, where all this fetish-type stuff was wayyyy less common and accessible than it is now. Will it be sad to see it go? Yeah. Was I fully accepting of the fact that (I thought) it was gone here? Also yeah.

Being a longtime internet user is weird.

jimi20 07-19-2023 07:45 AM

Oh thank God it's back!

Doll-Elf 07-22-2023 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos Echo (Post 857154)
I mean, if we're being honest, this whole place is a holdover from a bygone era, where all this fetish-type stuff was wayyyy less common and accessible than it is now. Will it be sad to see it go? Yeah. Was I fully accepting of the fact that (I thought) it was gone here? Also yeah.

Being a longtime internet user is weird.

Forums like these are fading into obscurity because there are a much wider variety of ways to view content, discord being one of the most popular with how you can easily make secluded groups for content and expand via word of mouth in your little communities of enjoyment, either being discords for the concept itself or individual discords following a certain artist.

However, the concept of a forum has always been a fun one. Especially with the ability to search through decades old content.

Eventually, this site will go the way of yahoo's groups.

What we are seeing right now is the last whispering moments. What I would suggest is for you to message members you enjoy talking with and find other social platforms to continue to talk with each other on.

I for one am going to be very curious on where ShrinkFan will get their community input of their comics when this site dies. I'm not sure if they have any other wide spread following beyond here and they refused to make a discord for it as far as I'm aware.

Blackbat 07-22-2023 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doll-Elf (Post 857179)
I for one am going to be very curious on where ShrinkFan will get their community input of their comics when this site dies. I'm not sure if they have any other wide spread following beyond here and they refused to make a discord for it as far as I'm aware.

This is an excellent point.

Blake Isaac Gordon 07-23-2023 08:30 AM

Where the hell did you all come from?

(THIS IS AMAZING :) )

SoylentOrange 07-23-2023 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prof_Sai (Post 857144)
And there is a discord, but that it quiet too. I think everyone went to deviantart.

Wait, there's a process forums discord? Can I get a link?

tghawk555 07-23-2023 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoylentOrange (Post 857189)

Here you go! https://discord.gg/K6FPeqHx

greeneyes23456 07-31-2023 11:59 AM

I thought this place died too.

Evo 08-05-2023 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoylentOrange (Post 857189)

lol I thought the same thing as I read that.

Dragon Master Z 08-09-2023 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tghawk555 (Post 857190)

Invite is invalid :(

Can we get a new one?