The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transformation (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   New site and art contest (no new pics yet actually) (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23193)

something-wild 05-21-2012 12:21 AM

Re: New site and art contest (no new pics yet actually)

both are pretty good :)

thrandrall 05-21-2012 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by something-wild (Post 650671)
both are pretty good :)

Yeah, he handles the transitions really well - even with the complete color change in one - probably spends a lot more time on them than the average morpher.

File size was my one concern but I guess even with the leaps in hardware since I looked at morphing 10+ years ago, the avg user-level software hasn't really improved that much.

thrandrall 05-27-2012 10:44 PM

A few more morphs posted and some other pin-ups. Hoping to have another complete sequence ready for posting this week.

SoylentOrange 05-30-2012 10:38 AM

Ooh, more G.U.G. awesome.

...Still waiting semi-patiently for some actual *story* to all this... :P

thrandrall 06-25-2012 08:33 PM

A lot more in the pipeline right now...but some larger ones...blackshirtboy, etc.

Now...another concept I've been considering for a while...may as well ask for some feedback here before posting it up on my site.

I've got a very large stack of stories accumulated on my computer(s) over the past 15 years or so. Not all of the sites I dug them up from are still live, and even the ones that are still around don't necessarily have author contact info.

If I wanted to commission artists to provide a series of illustrations for one or more of those stories - giving all credit to the original authors...would you expect that to be any sort of issue...all stories were posted at free sites (no pay/subscription ones)?

Thanks.

blackshirtboy 06-26-2012 05:28 AM

If you don't have contact info for the authors then just make sure you give them credit for the stories, it should be fine. And if any come out and ask you to take them down from your site then just take them down.
And I think it sounds like an amazing idea, what your planning. And if you like I'll be the first to offer to illustrate something!

thrandrall 06-26-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackshirtboy (Post 655525)
If you don't have contact info for the authors then just make sure you give them credit for the stories, it should be fine. And if any come out and ask you to take them down from your site then just take them down.
And I think it sounds like an amazing idea, what your planning. And if you like I'll be the first to offer to illustrate something!

Well, you're more than welcome to take the first crack at them when I post them....but I should probably finish what I owe you first ;p

Potion Victim 06-26-2012 06:58 PM

I <3 this site.

ZeroForever 06-27-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrandrall (Post 655463)
A lot more in the pipeline right now...but some larger ones...blackshirtboy, etc.

Now...another concept I've been considering for a while...may as well ask for some feedback here before posting it up on my site.

I've got a very large stack of stories accumulated on my computer(s) over the past 15 years or so. Not all of the sites I dug them up from are still live, and even the ones that are still around don't necessarily have author contact info.

If I wanted to commission artists to provide a series of illustrations for one or more of those stories - giving all credit to the original authors...would you expect that to be any sort of issue...all stories were posted at free sites (no pay/subscription ones)?

Thanks.

In general as long as you don't profit off of them, correctly label the creator (noting changes that their were done compared to the original), and respect take down requests you should be ok. This is assuming general creative commons rules are applied but I'm not a lawyer so don't take my advice as the rule as their are a ton of weird laws out their.

either way it sounds like a fun idea, so good luck if you go ahead with it.

thrandrall 06-27-2012 09:20 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Will probably try and post about them this next month...does anyone here have interest in seeing which types of stories I'll probably list?

Also, just got a beautiful new update from Synthean - the first in a sequence of large pics for me as well as a complete sequence by another commissioner. Got permission to post on the site (think I know who it was, but no name given).

Also, a new poll again - and would really like detailed feedback if folks have specific artists or types of sequences they'd like to see. I'm not generally a huge fan of GTS/SW for instance unless I can fit in some other types of process with it at the same time to make it more interesting (unless of course the setting is really tight - kinda like Cluedog's one of climbing the lady).

thrandrall 07-07-2012 06:50 PM

Well now...so many irons in the fire....almost like juggling chainsaws ;p

Another idea...might as well fish for feedback here before posting anything (yes the story illustration idea is still going forward).

Just thinking about this one today...what about a process-related "choose your change" sort of thing - based on viewers votes.

Right now there are only a limited number of concepts that I can think of that would fit really well - at least for an initial project.

Looking at the Jumanji/Zathura-esque board game idea. Probably start with 4 or 5 characters - variety of genders/races/etc. Then slowly start with each one rolling the dice - each number comes with a different process (depending on the situation...maybe each character only undergoes certain types of transformations or possibly each turn it's a different set of changes - ie...the same animal, but each number grants a different type of change (arms/legs/head/tail/etc). Needs some polishing.

Either way...each time...voting would be open for a week or so - to determine the fall of the dice. Once that was decided on...possibly voting for the artist - from a general offered selection of artists (probably sticking with some fairly convenient/affordable/available artists).

Now with so much viewer interaction...and the number of sequences involved - think I might need to invite more donation support as well. Maybe say a set amount for each sequence ($100 or thereabouts - depending on the artist). Take donations for the first half and I match with the balance. Might take a while to reach the full amount - but might also give some folks a little more incentive if they're interested in seeing the results.

Although something that'd probably piss some people off - probably gonna keep things pretty clean overall - probably "R" equivalent - no need for any crazy explicity sex stuff/futa/etc.

Just tossing ideas around right now...not sure how long it'd go for - 4 or five characters..depending on how long it would take to get around the notional board (probably make a colorful powerpoint image file or something to update with each piece move so everyone could keep track of the progress overall).

FWIW, this old story is also one of my real inspirations: http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/sru/thegame.html

thrandrall 07-16-2012 05:02 AM

A few site updates since the last post.

Also will probably discuss poll results on the site tonight. Any input locally about the game idea?

thanks.