The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transformation (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   New site and art contest (no new pics yet actually) (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23193)

thrandrall 09-03-2011 05:45 PM

Re: New site and art contest (no new pics yet actually)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroForever (Post 604791)
that was a entertaining piece like always, art was terrific from Zach like always.

though i must admit some parts confused me with the story flow since it was a silent story. I'm guessing the end trio was suppose to be the beginning trio? as they were in the jar so i just didn't see when they got moved?

also was it suppose to be 93 or 94 images? as i only have 93 in the file.

The one I uploaded has 94 files in it. ;p Even says so at the bottom of winrar.

Yep, the 3 tormentors wind up as the 3 maids. It may not have been perfectly obvious (animal features, etc), since they had other changes after being shrunk. The whole "neapolitan cheesecake" gag was supposed to wind up with them in three different looks and hair colors (girl in the middle should represent all 3 shades), but it's a little harder to show in strict black and white.

ZeroForever 09-03-2011 07:21 PM

weird just re-downloaded and extracted and it came at 94, definitely only had 93 the first time around. Not sure why I was missing the last page in my previous attempt, shrug ah well not a huge issue so not going to worry about it either way good stuff.

thrandrall 09-03-2011 09:38 PM

Thanks. BTW, do you think I should pimp in the SW and TG boards as well or do you think most of those folks will see it here?

blackshirtboy 09-04-2011 06:27 AM

They'll probably see it here but what the hell? It's too good a sequence not to show off.

Mr_DNA 09-15-2011 02:56 PM

Here's a little piece of gift art I did for thrandrall (1.) because he ordered some of my comics and (2.) to prove that I am still alive.

http://transrepo.blogspot.com/2011/0...ther-note.html

blackshirtboy 09-15-2011 07:32 PM

I loled heartily, thank you

thrandrall 09-23-2011 09:20 PM

Just finished a beautiful new sequence with Solios...a real chimera this time ;p

Just one problem - need a name for this girl. Please drop a comment if you have any suggestions and it may make it into Solios' DA post later this weekend.

thanks.

thrandrall 11-04-2011 01:37 PM

Still around periodically - when I have access....

Finally posted the amazing comic Mamabliss drew for me. I know not everyone here is a fan of her work, but I think this turned out amazingly well.

SoylentOrange 11-04-2011 02:10 PM

Wonderful, wonderful!

As always, thanks much for your wonderful contributions to the genre. ^_^

thrandrall 12-03-2011 04:36 PM

Back again. New sequence by Synthean coming up as well as more Powerman2000, Engineskye (long) and Cluedog in the works.

Delivery/posting dates TBD.

Also, starting a new contest for dog-girl pics - check the site!

geneticks 12-04-2011 01:58 AM

Yay!
Welcome back!

thrandrall 12-04-2011 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geneticks (Post 622798)
Yay!
Welcome back!

Just temporary - in and out.

geneticks 12-04-2011 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrandrall (Post 622807)
Just temporary - in and out.

Still it's good to see you're still around. The new synthean part 1 sequence looks great.

thrandrall 12-23-2011 01:23 PM

A veritable slew of new updates and pics - please check them out. And please check out the art contest. Would love to get a bunch of entries this time around.

thanks.

Have a great Christmas!

SoylentOrange 12-23-2011 03:52 PM

Woohoo!

And enough teasing already- when are we ever going to hear anything substantive about Growing Up Gecko?

thrandrall 01-16-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoylentOrange (Post 625631)
Woohoo!

And enough teasing already- when are we ever going to hear anything substantive about Growing Up Gecko?

That's an issue I've been wrestling with over the last couple of years. I've had the basic life cycle/process portion fairly nailed down in my head and on paper for most of the time - but I feel it needs a significant amount of backstory/supporting characters in order to flesh it out as well as to create some consistency across the images - and that will probably wind up in comic form vice the series of individual images I had planned for the base images.

There's a lot more as well, but this project will probably just wind up being super big and complicated - unless I get really lazy first ;p I really do want to continue with it - just need time and money ;p

thrandrall 01-16-2012 07:57 PM

Oh yeah - new update. Art contest is open through the end of Feb.

thrandrall 02-09-2012 10:53 PM

It's that time again - more art updates. Also pending new donation project art very shortly - apologies for anyone here who had to wait, but the megaupload thing was a major monkey wrench considering the timing. Back to using Rapidshare for security.

Haven't seen any art contest entries yet - although the month is still young. I'm thinking about at least one more contest this year after the current one.

geneticks 02-10-2012 12:31 AM

Nice, thanks! Commented on the blog.
I hope people do something for the art contest and there isn't just one person/winner by default.

thrandrall 02-20-2012 07:33 PM

A slew of new updates again - but no art contest entries yet :(

Still, new cluedog, new donation project from Engineskye, and slowly posting the last donation project on the site.

More stuff in the works. Enjoy! Feedback always appreciated.

thrandrall 03-01-2012 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geneticks (Post 633300)
Nice, thanks! Commented on the blog.
I hope people do something for the art contest and there isn't just one person/winner by default.

Sadly only looks like one entry - but it's a good one.

Will be posting it later today along with some other new pics.

thrandrall 03-01-2012 09:53 PM

More updates - what a surprise ;p

Really hoping one of my art contests will catch on eventually...

thrandrall 03-08-2012 07:56 PM

One month from today is a special day....should have a little art celebration or something....

BTW - do you think I should give it a shot allowing anonymous/(non-registered) comments again? Just wish I could get a bit more feedback with all the posts. Frustrating that I can see a TG caption site with more comments on a single caption post than I get in a month of process sequence posts.

SoylentOrange 03-10-2012 10:46 AM

I think so, yeah. It's dumb to need to filter through the junk mail and keep it deleted, but requiring registration, well, most people really just don't want to. ^^;

thrandrall 04-06-2012 09:36 PM

Finally a chance to update. Forgot to mention the open comments now. Will do that with special anniversary post on Sunday.

Mr_DNA 04-07-2012 10:18 AM

Can't wait to see who did stuff for the anniversary!

thrandrall 04-08-2012 10:54 PM

Finally had a chance to finish posting anniversary post. Might possibly be a few more pics from other artists the next couple days - I'm a little confused, but I might have mentioned 10 april in some of my emails for some reason - although the 8th was definitely the date in my first email.

ZeroForever 04-09-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrandrall (Post 638876)
BTW - do you think I should give it a shot allowing anonymous/(non-registered) comments again? Just wish I could get a bit more feedback with all the posts. Frustrating that I can see a TG caption site with more comments on a single caption post than I get in a month of process sequence posts.

I understand this feeling prefectly =/, if you do it let me know how it goes.
In general it was really annoying to deal with all the spam but there were a few anti spam tools that looked promising.

Mr_DNA 04-11-2012 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrandrall (Post 644148)
I might have mentioned 10 april in some of my emails for some reason - although the 8th was definitely the date in my first email.

Funny thing is, I was so sure it was the sixth. You have no idea how many times I checked your site on Friday and Saturday. Looking forward to more new potential anniversary stuff, though! Ain't no party like a Transrepo party because a Transrepo party may or may not stop!

thrandrall 04-15-2012 11:04 PM

Still more anniversary pics coming in. New commissions being added to the list - and should be at least one more update this week!

thrandrall 04-22-2012 10:21 PM

Updated again - someone already mentioned it on the art request board.

thrandrall 04-24-2012 08:09 PM

For anyone who's interested, I have an ongoing commission by okayokayokok - and you can see some of the in-progress pics here.

I think this one will be pretty tight ;p

thrandrall 04-26-2012 11:59 AM

Okayokayokok has just finished his brand, spanking new commission - very fast and tight. Great artist.

Check out his new comic as well: http://okayokayokok.deviantart.com/j...Here-297670445

Forgot to pimp it in my blog post.

thrandrall 05-15-2012 08:45 PM

Slow updating right now, but more stuff on the horizon. Look for a new donation project from oppaiman really soon. I'm also starting a big new project with cluedog - hopefully done around the same time as the big one last year ;p

Also, a series of various short pics being worked on with different artists.

Still working on mega comic with Zanfadar - about 1/3 of the way through - inks so far. ;p

Conceptually building on Growing up Gecko - hopefully more character pics this summer. Need to write down all the internal verbal conversations I've been developing for my characters - before I lose it all.

thrandrall 05-16-2012 08:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wooooeeee....! New project by Oppaiman available for a small donation.

More projects on the horizon, "exclusive" photomorph by something-wild, etc. Check out all the news!

thrandrall 05-20-2012 08:56 PM

In keeping with recently established tradition, Oppaiman's first donation project - the original Bimbo Club sequence - is now available on the site for free.

Enjoy!

http://transrepo.blogspot.com/2012/0...imbo-club.html

Also, posting some Gift Art animations tonight...much more in the works!

something-wild 05-21-2012 12:21 AM

both are pretty good :)

thrandrall 05-21-2012 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by something-wild (Post 650671)
both are pretty good :)

Yeah, he handles the transitions really well - even with the complete color change in one - probably spends a lot more time on them than the average morpher.

File size was my one concern but I guess even with the leaps in hardware since I looked at morphing 10+ years ago, the avg user-level software hasn't really improved that much.

thrandrall 05-27-2012 10:44 PM

A few more morphs posted and some other pin-ups. Hoping to have another complete sequence ready for posting this week.

SoylentOrange 05-30-2012 10:38 AM

Ooh, more G.U.G. awesome.

...Still waiting semi-patiently for some actual *story* to all this... :P

thrandrall 06-25-2012 08:33 PM

A lot more in the pipeline right now...but some larger ones...blackshirtboy, etc.

Now...another concept I've been considering for a while...may as well ask for some feedback here before posting it up on my site.

I've got a very large stack of stories accumulated on my computer(s) over the past 15 years or so. Not all of the sites I dug them up from are still live, and even the ones that are still around don't necessarily have author contact info.

If I wanted to commission artists to provide a series of illustrations for one or more of those stories - giving all credit to the original authors...would you expect that to be any sort of issue...all stories were posted at free sites (no pay/subscription ones)?

Thanks.

blackshirtboy 06-26-2012 05:28 AM

If you don't have contact info for the authors then just make sure you give them credit for the stories, it should be fine. And if any come out and ask you to take them down from your site then just take them down.
And I think it sounds like an amazing idea, what your planning. And if you like I'll be the first to offer to illustrate something!

thrandrall 06-26-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackshirtboy (Post 655525)
If you don't have contact info for the authors then just make sure you give them credit for the stories, it should be fine. And if any come out and ask you to take them down from your site then just take them down.
And I think it sounds like an amazing idea, what your planning. And if you like I'll be the first to offer to illustrate something!

Well, you're more than welcome to take the first crack at them when I post them....but I should probably finish what I owe you first ;p

Potion Victim 06-26-2012 06:58 PM

I <3 this site.

ZeroForever 06-27-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrandrall (Post 655463)
A lot more in the pipeline right now...but some larger ones...blackshirtboy, etc.

Now...another concept I've been considering for a while...may as well ask for some feedback here before posting it up on my site.

I've got a very large stack of stories accumulated on my computer(s) over the past 15 years or so. Not all of the sites I dug them up from are still live, and even the ones that are still around don't necessarily have author contact info.

If I wanted to commission artists to provide a series of illustrations for one or more of those stories - giving all credit to the original authors...would you expect that to be any sort of issue...all stories were posted at free sites (no pay/subscription ones)?

Thanks.

In general as long as you don't profit off of them, correctly label the creator (noting changes that their were done compared to the original), and respect take down requests you should be ok. This is assuming general creative commons rules are applied but I'm not a lawyer so don't take my advice as the rule as their are a ton of weird laws out their.

either way it sounds like a fun idea, so good luck if you go ahead with it.

thrandrall 06-27-2012 09:20 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Will probably try and post about them this next month...does anyone here have interest in seeing which types of stories I'll probably list?

Also, just got a beautiful new update from Synthean - the first in a sequence of large pics for me as well as a complete sequence by another commissioner. Got permission to post on the site (think I know who it was, but no name given).

Also, a new poll again - and would really like detailed feedback if folks have specific artists or types of sequences they'd like to see. I'm not generally a huge fan of GTS/SW for instance unless I can fit in some other types of process with it at the same time to make it more interesting (unless of course the setting is really tight - kinda like Cluedog's one of climbing the lady).

thrandrall 07-07-2012 06:50 PM

Well now...so many irons in the fire....almost like juggling chainsaws ;p

Another idea...might as well fish for feedback here before posting anything (yes the story illustration idea is still going forward).

Just thinking about this one today...what about a process-related "choose your change" sort of thing - based on viewers votes.

Right now there are only a limited number of concepts that I can think of that would fit really well - at least for an initial project.

Looking at the Jumanji/Zathura-esque board game idea. Probably start with 4 or 5 characters - variety of genders/races/etc. Then slowly start with each one rolling the dice - each number comes with a different process (depending on the situation...maybe each character only undergoes certain types of transformations or possibly each turn it's a different set of changes - ie...the same animal, but each number grants a different type of change (arms/legs/head/tail/etc). Needs some polishing.

Either way...each time...voting would be open for a week or so - to determine the fall of the dice. Once that was decided on...possibly voting for the artist - from a general offered selection of artists (probably sticking with some fairly convenient/affordable/available artists).

Now with so much viewer interaction...and the number of sequences involved - think I might need to invite more donation support as well. Maybe say a set amount for each sequence ($100 or thereabouts - depending on the artist). Take donations for the first half and I match with the balance. Might take a while to reach the full amount - but might also give some folks a little more incentive if they're interested in seeing the results.

Although something that'd probably piss some people off - probably gonna keep things pretty clean overall - probably "R" equivalent - no need for any crazy explicity sex stuff/futa/etc.

Just tossing ideas around right now...not sure how long it'd go for - 4 or five characters..depending on how long it would take to get around the notional board (probably make a colorful powerpoint image file or something to update with each piece move so everyone could keep track of the progress overall).

FWIW, this old story is also one of my real inspirations: http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/sru/thegame.html

thrandrall 07-16-2012 05:02 AM

A few site updates since the last post.

Also will probably discuss poll results on the site tonight. Any input locally about the game idea?

thanks.

thrandrall 07-27-2012 09:05 PM

More updates tonight - some great sample pics from cluedog and blackshirtboy for their respective upcoming projects.

Much more on the way!

thrandrall 08-01-2012 09:10 PM

Well we jumped the gun a wee bit posting Mr-DNA's next sequence for me on DA (http://my.deviantart.com/messages/#/d59livz) but still another one on the way ;p

I'll update the site this weekend!

caphca 08-01-2012 09:29 PM

I really love your blog thrandrall. I'm not sure if this is the right place to say this, I just wanted you to know.

thrandrall 08-02-2012 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caphca (Post 661299)
I really love your blog thrandrall. I'm not sure if this is the right place to say this, I just wanted you to know.

I appreciate any feedback - here or on the site. Don't normally get enough responses to individual projects though, that's when I start running polls.

thrandrall 08-13-2012 09:04 PM

A new sequence from WhenWolvesCryOut - great little piece.

Lots more new stuff in the works right now.

thrandrall 08-20-2012 03:56 PM

Started Blackshirtboy's new "Swan Song" comic - 13 parts.

Please leave all comments on the site.

Thanks!

thrandrall 08-26-2012 08:35 PM

Appreciate the feedback for Swan Song so far. 10 more pages.

Just posted a new color piece by Mr-DNA as well.

Should have a big new Cluedog donation piece this next month - hopefully!

Katsumend 08-28-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrandrall (Post 664711)
Should have a big new Cluedog donation piece this next month - hopefully!

Nice! Looking forward to it.

thrandrall 09-03-2012 08:43 AM

Minor break in Swan Song for a big piece by AutumnNatural.

More on the way!

thrandrall 09-09-2012 11:53 AM

blackshirtboy's commission is proceeding.

A few other pieces going up this weekend as well.

thrandrall 10-07-2012 09:56 PM

Got some more promo WIP pics by Cluedog this weekend. Expect to have more oppaiman content *very* soon as well.

Happy Columbus Day - I'm off work tomorrow ;p

thrandrall 10-14-2012 10:12 PM

Big, beautiful new update with new Oppaiman and more.

Finally got around to bringing about the Illustrated Stories concept. I think the first sample worked out really well. If I have the time, I may eventually be able to format it for good viewing directly on the blog, but I'm just kinda busy right now with moving, so the file will have to do.

One story illustration commission available at this time.

Also, will be posting a big new art contest this week (biggest ever! - hopefully I'll get some real participation this time. Last one was really a bust).