The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transformation (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Female Werewolf needles in a haystack (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23547)

bcislandguy 01-31-2017 11:42 AM

Re: Female Werewolf needles in a haystack

I just wish that these movie makers who want our money for films would spend some money that they put into a 10 second blackscreen spooky music trailer with red bloody implied font into some practical effect to give us an idea of the quality of their work and some webcam footage of them, its not that expensive to do some prosthetics and fur work for even a still or show that the actresses are on board fully and some commitment.
Like when anthony brownrigg did the freeborn movie there was at least some effects in the "trailer" and even a short film(with no effects at all other than the actress growling behind a door), too bad he took the money that was donated and ran with it, then months later posting vauge responses that he was "busy" with other stuff and hes dissapeared off this board and furaffinity/deviantart.

bcislandguy 01-31-2017 11:49 AM

On a point of my last post to the writers of these movies....you are coming to us as "investors" and investors expect a return on their capitol, its not to give you spending money for a hobby or so you can buy new electronics gear so you can take photos of sunsets, so many of these "crowdfunded" projects seem to end in the writers saying "oops we used up all the money on outlay for equipment or a workspace and can't make the movie now".
If your a media professional you should have equipment already and what money you get from us is for supplies to do makeup and pay actors....you don't hire a roofing company and be expected to buy all their ladders and hammers on top of the labour and supplies to do the work.

Cursebearer 01-31-2017 11:56 AM

I mean, you outright mention that Brownrigg did exactly what you're asking for and then ran off with the money and produced nothing of value. The people looking for money for Betsy have produced films before in a timely fashion which is very much to their credit. Though they haven't shown an updated trailer you can expect to receive some sort of product out of this just as a matter of their reputation and surprisingly extensive filmography so far. Now whether or not the content will be of interest to the members of this board is a different matter entirely.

bcislandguy 01-31-2017 12:01 PM

Thats true, if the studio is reputable enough that they have produced other works than its a safer bet, it may be more accurate to say that the studios would be a safer bet to invest in rather than just some guy with a short story he wrote and portrays himself as a professional

howlingfan 01-31-2017 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcislandguy (Post 788433)
I just wish that these movie makers who want our money for films would spend some money that they put into a 10 second blackscreen spooky music trailer with red bloody implied font into some practical effect to give us an idea of the quality of their work and some webcam footage of them, its not that expensive to do some prosthetics and fur work for even a still or show that the actresses are on board fully and some commitment.
Like when anthony brownrigg did the freeborn movie there was at least some effects in the "trailer" and even a short film(with no effects at all other than the actress growling behind a door), too bad he took the money that was donated and ran with it, then months later posting vauge responses that he was "busy" with other stuff and hes dissapeared off this board and furaffinity/deviantart.

As I wrote in my last post, they DID film teaser trailers and behind-the-scenes effects work (some were even “NSFW”), but they had to remove the vids because the lead actress left the project. You can see a photo of them casting the actress’ face though (and the actual facial mold) in old posts on the Facebook site. Also, for an idea of what the film is going for, just look at that poster. I mean, come on. As the kids like to say, "That is sexy AF."
As for actresses showing commitment, if you view the pitch video on the Indiegogo page, you’ll see a short clip of the actress who plays the titular she-wolf say how “freakin’ excited” she is to work with the writer/director again and also how important it is to have the best special effects for a movie such as this, and because she’s starred in numerous indie horror movies before, I don’t believe she was referring to the fact that this is simply a horror movie but specifically a werewolf movie, since a werewolf movie (or at least a good one) requires a standout transformation sequence.
As for Brownrigg, I wasn’t the only one who lost money on that project, and, to echo what someone else on here once said, “At best, he’s incompetent; at worst, he was a conman.” I think the truth is somewhere in-between. But seriously, asking for 1 million dollars for a low-budget indie film and then $20K for one TF scene was overambitious, to put it nicely. I can understand $100K for the film and maybe $5K for the TF scene, which btw, he almost raised, but will that scene ever see the light of day (besides the script page)? That remains to be seen, but I wouldn’t hold your breath.

howlingfan 02-01-2017 07:31 PM

At the risk of annoying that one guy who said all the posts about the movie “Betsy” should have their own thread (I don’t know how to do that save copying and posting all those messages into a new thread, and I’m too lazy for that), I have a small update about the movie. The writer/director just posted a short video on the film’s official Facebook page saying that if they reach a goal of $1,500 (their original goal was $1,000), everyone who bought a DVD or Blu-ray will get an upgrade to a Blu-ray/DVD combo pack. They’re only a few hundred away from that new goal so if you’re on the fence, now’s the time to contribute, as the campaign has less than a day to go. And because it’s almost over, this should be my last post about “Betsy” for a while unless there’s some major update, which probably won’t happen very soon.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/b...wolf-feature#/

Cursebearer 02-01-2017 10:03 PM

I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on contributing to Betsy. It sounds from howlingfan's descriptions of the Facebook content like the big transformation is something the creators have thought long and hard about and they have a gorgeous chick and some fantastic inspirations in AWIL and others. Also the storyboards are an interesting perk so I went ahead and kicked nearly a hundred dollars their way. Here's hoping it turns out well! Even if I don't enjoy it (I only enjoy painful TFs for instance) I'll be happy if someone on the board likes it.

howlingfan 02-02-2017 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cursebearer (Post 788584)
I decided to go ahead and pull the trigger on contributing to Betsy. It sounds from howlingfan's descriptions of the Facebook content like the big transformation is something the creators have thought long and hard about and they have a gorgeous chick and some fantastic inspirations in AWIL and others. Also the storyboards are an interesting perk so I went ahead and kicked nearly a hundred dollars their way. Here's hoping it turns out well! Even if I don't enjoy it (I only enjoy painful TFs for instance) I'll be happy if someone on the board likes it.

Honestly, I don't want to build this movie up too much (how many times have we been disappointed before?), but so far, all signs point to "Betsy" being "the one." And when I say that, I don't mean it's going to be the holy grail of a female "AWIL" (they don't have nearly enough money in the budget for that and plus, no Rick Baker), but I have a feeling this will be the greatest female werewolf TF so far, though that might not be saying much since the bar has been set so low. So keep your expectations moderate, but hope for the best.

Cursebearer 02-02-2017 12:50 PM

Unfortunately it seems like Betsy will have skin ripping elements in its transformation. This is really disappointing to hear for me, but to you cats who aren't bothered by that it should still be a nice feature. I already donated so I guess it doesn't make a difference either way.

howlingfan 02-02-2017 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cursebearer (Post 788640)
Unfortunately it seems like Betsy will have skin ripping elements in its transformation. This is really disappointing to hear for me, but to you cats who aren't bothered by that it should still be a nice feature. I already donated so I guess it doesn't make a difference either way.

Yes, I heard that quote in one of the videos too, but you'll notice the writer/director said there will be a "little bit of skin ripping," emphasizing the word "little." Honestly, I don't mind a little bit of skin ripping, as long as it's not over-the-top like "Trick 'r Treat" and "Hemlock Grove." Let's not forget he also cited "The Monster Squad," "Silver Bullet," and, most importantly, "AWIL" as his inspirations for the movie, and none of those TFs featured skin ripping of any kind. I've e-mailed this guy some questions as to the details of the TF, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. I hope I haven't scared him away, lol.