The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Welcome back (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51574)

Doll-Elf 02-11-2024 06:58 PM

Welcome back

Isn't this fun? We're back again. Tell your friends. Tell your family. Tell your neighbor who washes his 1995 Buick Century every Saturday in his driveway.

TF-Viewer 02-11-2024 08:13 PM

Re: Welcome back

Whoever keeps breaking it, stop.

qzar9999 02-11-2024 10:03 PM

NGL, I genuinely thought it might be down for the count this time. Nice to see it isn't.

Anyone know what the fuck happened?

tghawk555 02-11-2024 11:43 PM

Goblins, I'd wager. Or maybe zombies?

saixhinata 02-12-2024 12:59 AM

Holy shit, that was the longest downtime we've ever had. It thought it was really over this time.

Tiedefender 02-12-2024 06:26 PM

No idea what happened. Don't know of any good places to go if this place does shut down.

Doll-Elf 02-12-2024 06:27 PM

Likely a missed payment. The server is also really fucking ancient and is still using code from the original 2 servers before it. This baby is probably older than the 2000s based on functioning code alone. Whatever server that maintains it is probably just as old and starting to fail or it keeps getting moved around. It doesn't help that it's Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7

vBulletin is ancient and practically speaking dead. Straight up end of life software.

If you want The Process to continue someone will need to make a new website on something more stable.

saixhinata 02-13-2024 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doll-Elf (Post 858177)
Likely a missed payment. The server is also really fucking ancient and is still using code from the original 2 servers before it. This baby is probably older than the 2000s based on functioning code alone. Whatever server that maintains it is probably just as old and starting to fail or it keeps getting moved around. It doesn't help that it's Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7

vBulletin is ancient and practically speaking dead. Straight up end of life software.

If you want The Process to continue someone will need to make a new website on something more stable.

How would us users help in supporting that?
I'm down for a piggybacking upgrade effort.

Doll-Elf 02-13-2024 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saixhinata (Post 858181)
How would us users help in supporting that?
I'm down for a piggybacking upgrade effort.

I am not the one to ask, nor would I do it if I could. I do not support some threads here and if given my way, the AR/AP thread would not exist on the next incarnation. I find it's concept too close to CP for comfort. If one does remake the process, my suggestion is to not allow that thread to exist in the next version. All else should be fine.

saixhinata 02-13-2024 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doll-Elf (Post 858183)
I am not the one to ask, nor would I do it if I could. I do not support some threads here and if given my way, the AR/AP thread would not exist on the next incarnation. I find it's concept too close to CP for comfort. If one does remake the process, my suggestion is to not allow that thread to exist in the next version. All else should be fine.

Well, that went in an unexpected direction lol.
I'm of the opinion that, so long as noone real was harmed or depicted, its an ok thing baring full on intercourse with young ones.
It's important to draw divides between things like this and real life.

Should all violence in media be banned for its depiction of murder and aggression?
Should the TF section be removed for the mutilation of the human form when those tfs are against their will?
Should evil masterminds be removed from overarching plots to avoid inspiring the creation of evil ideas amongst real people?
Should shows like Breaking Bad and Dexter be banned for drugs and insidious, petty behavior?

It's up to us as adults (hopefully) to know the difference between fantasy and reality. And also important to identify that distinction as such; fantasy, is just that.

Its a slippery slope to tread.

Tiedefender 02-13-2024 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doll-Elf (Post 858183)

I have a rule when it comes to AR/AP. All characters can not cross the age of 18. Nor can they be younger than 18. That way you can avoid all that other stuff.

jwyattguy 02-14-2024 12:30 PM

I genuinely wasn't expecting it to come back, this time! I just so happened to follow a link that brought me here, and... Thank God it did! ��