The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transformation (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Devolution (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15260)

Sephie 12-29-2008 06:18 AM

Re: Devolution

ignore

Huginn 12-29-2008 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazoku (Post 249348)
Hm... Like it. What cartoon is that from? It looks like Justice League from the art style and Gorilla Groddish villain.

It's from the "Batman: The brave and the bold" series. The Episode was titled:
"Terror on Dinosaur Island".
It was already mentioned some time ago by Singory (Thanks again, man !)

Mitchell 12-29-2008 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huginn (Post 248013)
Devolution, eh ? Well that surely rings a bell for me.
I like the pieces you did, nice concept,
and i really hope this threat doesn't die too soon ;)

So, here is a little something from me...
(older pieces from my group, hope i haven't posted them before)

What is this from?

EchoWing 12-29-2008 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchell (Post 249380)
What is this from?

Those screenshots came from an episode of 'Lilo and Stitch The Series'.

It's on most Disney-affiliated networks, not that hard to miss.

onering 12-29-2008 12:53 PM

I can't believe nobody mentioned that she starts off Aryan and "devolves" to black. I know we all were black back in the day, so its unavoidable, but the starting point being Blonde Hair Blue Eyes really makes it seem racist.

TF-Viewer 12-29-2008 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onering (Post 249441)
I can't believe nobody mentioned that she starts off Aryan and "devolves" to black. I know we all were black back in the day, so its unavoidable, but the starting point being Blonde Hair Blue Eyes really makes it seem racist.

How in the world does that make it seem racist?
Ya know what, don't even answer that because no matter what you say you'll just be wrong.

Sephie 12-29-2008 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TF-Viewer (Post 249443)
Ya know what, don't even answer that because no matter what you say you'll just be wrong.

Actually after she started gettin harier her skin should probably lighten. The hair should serve as somewhat of a barrier to UV.

blackvelvetrpg 12-29-2008 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TF-Viewer (Post 249443)

No!

frice2000 12-29-2008 06:31 PM

Quote:

Well, if you take what I understand to be the current scientific view of the spread of human cultures you have people coming out of Africa and moving to various environments. There their skin lightened and heights on average decreased to deal better with cooler climates. For example, if they were showing a Native American in this sequence they would revert to looking more Asian first followed by then growing darker skinned...So no its not technically racist, as that was the progression of skin color and such as determined by the currently most accepted theories in anthropology. So lets stop the PC train please.

Catsohori 12-30-2008 01:39 PM

Quote:

Aryan's aren't blonde and are not blue eyed. That's a nordic trait. Aryan's would be Iranians and people of Indian descent. Learn the basics of history before making accusations.

TF-Viewer 12-30-2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catsohori (Post 249629)
Aryan's aren't blonde and are not blue eyed. That's a nordic trait. Aryan's would be Iranians and people of Indian descent. Learn the basics of history before making accusations.

He's referring to Adolph Hitler and the Aryan/Dravidian Myth. Perhaps that is why he sees racism in it. After all, Hitler was the most famous racist of all time.

Styerion 12-30-2008 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TF-Viewer (Post 249634)
He's referring to Adolph Hitler and the Aryan/Dravidian Myth. Perhaps that is why he sees racism in it. After all, Hitler was the most famous racist of all time.

Hitler was also a famous economist too. Don't forget he brought Germany out of a depression.

Godwin's law in effect, people.