The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transgender Process (M2F / F2M) (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme - Indiegogo Campaign (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32856)

Zetsub 06-09-2013 01:49 AM

Re: Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme - Indiegogo Campaign

Everyone loves kitsunes. This extra is Eve, and she'll be appearing in the Zara route if you choose to date Foxgirl Lynn (who's playable in her own route).

No animal to human-like, but that's not super weird. Dark Cloud did that with the first new party member you get, and I loved that game. Loved Dark Chronicle the most, but I think that was one of the first tf's I remember in a game. And I think it was just a screenflash effect too lol.

Zetsub 06-22-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tghawk555 (Post 684873)
Do you mind if I question a couple of things about the characters?

For one, Lynn looks a little cross-eyed. I'm not sure if that's just how it's supposed to look or if I'm blind, but yeah... Also, her face seems a little stretched out, for lack of a better term. Mostly in her smile, I'd say.

Sorry if I come across as complaining: I'm actually not trying to be rude, if you can believe that. ^__^"

It's been ages since this post, but I figured I'd bring it up because Lynn has been completely redesigned: http://fav.me/d6a41ed

The arts been improving pretty steadily, so the final game is going to look a lot better than I initially anticipated. I thought it'd look like the Indiegogo, but DKDevil is improving his art a lot quicker than I anticipated.

Zetsub 07-20-2013 06:08 AM

We've now got some screenshots of GBDNATE up on IndieDB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/gender-...wister-extreme

This is what the game will look like in the first release of the Yael route, we'll most likely change a few things before the final version based on player feedback.

Zetsub 08-08-2013 07:44 PM

The game is now up for pre-order on Desura! When it's released you get access to the first character immediately and each character as they're released. Check it out here: http://www.desura.com/games/gender-b...wister-extreme

Everyone who backed the game should be receiving Desura keys soon.

Hopefully everyone really likes the game!

Cheers :)
Lachlan / Zetsub

Katsumend 08-13-2013 05:59 PM

I got 3 of the 4 endings in an hour last night. Fun!
One thing that might make the game more interactive is more dialogue options like Baldur's Gate or something. In that game, the choices you make about what to say don't necessarily impact the endings that much, but they let you unlock more dialogue and see different aspects of the characters. That sort of thing adds to the replayability. Just a thought. Really great work!

sensualaoi 08-15-2013 11:35 PM

If you haven't already read the debate about finances and art direction of this project go here:
http://tgmangas.xeraweb.com/forum/in...showtopic=2116

Otherwise if you want more glowing comments, go to any of the other threads Zet has spammed and kept bumped on myriad forums.

vincent_richter 08-16-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sensualaoi (Post 707162)
If you haven't already read the debate about finances and art direction of this project go here:
http://tgmangas.xeraweb.com/forum/in...showtopic=2116

Otherwise if you want more glowing comments, go to any of the other threads Zet has spammed and kept bumped on myriad forums.

What the hell is wrong with you?

Seriously, you seem to have this misguided notion that a Kickstarter is a democracy; that any collaborative efforts offered to the founder must be implemented tout de suite, otherwise they're not living up to their obligations.

You're missing the point entirely.

When one puts up a crowdfunding project, with rewards, those are ultimately determined both out of the goodness of the originator's heart, and distributed when they are ready. When you lambaste someone who's barely had a month to code a game they've had knocking around the ol' thought barn for years, then go out of your way to make dealing with you a miserable experience, you cannot expect them to do you any favors. I work retail for a living, and I get to deal with entitled jackasses like you all the goddamn time ("Someone removed the shelf tag? Well then, that entitles me to it for whatever other price I can find on the same unit!" Bullshit. You're a fucking moron and I'm done telling you how California state law, ne Bureau of Weights & Measures, DOES NOT WORK LIKE THAT.)

Seriously, if you've been told that "the free version will be available once the game goes live," you ARE NOT entitled to a free preview just because you think you should be! Please, take your bullshit to Ultima, where they'll "appreciate" that sort of conduct right out the door.

Nota bene: This is not a defense of Zetsub. Do NOT take it as me white-knighting or being a mouthpiece, because that makes you a fucking dumbass beyond compare. It is simply my own irate observation of people bitching other people out for the "greed" of wanting to make an honest living. The handouts are DONE, lamefucks; get over it.

Zetsub 08-24-2013 01:44 AM

Sensualaoi posted at a tonne of places, he doesn't get how crowdfunding works and he's not very good at math. We got a good amount of money from this project but when you factor in the amount of time we're working on it and how much time we have left it's no more than minimum wage, but we're really enjoying working on the game and we're ultra glad we could make something like this for the TG/TF community.

We're working on Bri and so far reviews for the game on Desura are really good. David's been working on a lot of art this week and I'm about 1/2 of the way through writing. Things are going really well, and I'm looking forward to having the second character released.

One of the things we're adding is a bit more adult content, this week's update features a bit of nudity so you probably shouldn't click it at work: http://fav.me/d6jh4gq

westernkitsune 08-24-2013 04:22 AM

Now that you have a product of some kind I'm willing to back your effort Zetsub. I've bought your alpha.

Zetsub 08-24-2013 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westernkitsune (Post 707900)
Now that you have a product of some kind I'm willing to back your effort Zetsub. I've bought your alpha.

Thanks heaps! It really means a lot to us when people buy the game, hopefully you really like it :D

A few people on 4chan and Farhads and a few other places were calling us kickscammers and saying we ran off with the money, it feels awesome to have a game out and to prove all of those people wrong.

Just wait until character 2, I'm really looking forward to having her released :D

vincent_richter 08-24-2013 05:51 AM

It's 4chan.
The people who brought you OWS, the rampant infiltration of OWS by Anarchists, and the ultimate destruction of a grassroots organization through agents provocateur.
I trust them about as far as I can spit.

cpt soban 08-24-2013 07:55 AM

Alternatively it might be that many kickstarter programs go a very short distance regardless of the funds received before the design group/lead fails. At that point typically a claim is made that all or most of the funds have been consumed. Kickstarter has no legal ability to get the funds back from developers.

You cant fault 4chan for leveling accusations based on a precedent. Personally, I thought the project was going to implode about half way through, and I'm actually very surprised it appears to have not done so. Congratulations for producing a finished product with continual content, but you seriously cant fault anyone for having been skeptical of the legitimacy of your kickstarter.

sue-min 08-28-2013 01:34 PM

I think the game looks.. OK, not that good, but okay. but not worth that money :/ Sorry.
So I'm downloading it atm (torrent), but I'll give you my opinion once i'm done playing it :)

Luke2013 08-29-2013 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue-min (Post 708335)
I think the game looks.. OK, not that good, but okay. but not worth that money :/ Sorry.
So I'm downloading it atm (torrent), but I'll give you my opinion once i'm done playing it :)

Well that's pretty poor. They are workinv hard on the game and to make it good and you go and pirate it and let alone the game is still in the alpha stage.

vincent_richter 08-29-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke2013 (Post 708379)
Well that's pretty poor. They are workinv hard on the game and to make it good and you go and pirate it and let alone the game is still in the alpha stage.

I personally found it kinda shitty to outright cop to jacking an alpha product. Although I can understand why - with the free release having an undetermined street date, and the developer buy-in being the only way to see it now - I grew up as one of those "poor unfortunates" who neither got to, nor expected to, see a product until it was ready to ship.

That being said, I don't really expect my old-timer's speech to have any impact on the younger generation. So, get off my lawn, but not before you turn that dubstep... UP! HA!!! :p

Zetsub 08-29-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sue-min (Post 708335)

Then just wait for a sale or the free version, don't steal it.

Sucks we're being pirated but we're not going to go crazy with DRM and screw over everyone who bought the game. It just negatively impacts people who bought the game.

The only thing I can really do to stop piracy is say the truth. We're a two man team. If you pirate the game, you're letting more people play it for free. If we get pirated, we will *not* make any games after this, we're running on break even at the moment but if we get pirated it *will* kill us as a company.

Two man team. Not making huge amounts of money. Please don't pirate us, we want to make more games. That's all there is to it, and there's nothing I can do to stop it.

Work on the game is going well though! We're hard at work on character 2, DK just did some new outfits for Sophie: http://puu.sh/4esob.jpg

vincent_richter 08-29-2013 11:09 PM

Hey, Zetsub... would it be okay if I were to buy two keys when my next couple paychecks come through?

Maybe even have an official "Gift-a-Key" option?

:D

Zetsub 08-29-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincent_richter (Post 708481)
Hey, Zetsub... would it be okay if I were to buy two keys when my next couple paychecks come through?

Maybe even have an official "Gift-a-Key" option?

:D

Buy as many copies as you want! It does make a big difference to development. Desura has a gift key option, and if you backed the game and buy a copy (a few people waiting for the $10 keys did this) you can send your spare code to a friend for them to activate.

vincent_richter 08-29-2013 11:32 PM

You keep producing, I'll keep lambasting asshats. :D

FWIW, excluding "lol" and "no review" ratings that don't even attempt to justify their existence, the game charts roughly an 8.8. Yet another reason to leave ratings open; even if comment trolls nail them, they're quickly revealed by simple logic and intuition. ;)

CuddleBeam 08-30-2013 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetsub (Post 684886)
We've already received enough money to make the game in a playable state, but we need 5k to release the game at a level with which we'd be happy at.

And then

Quote:

If we get pirated, we will *not* make any games after this, we're running on break even at the moment but if we get pirated it *will* kill us as a company.
I greatly doubt that after getting 500% of your initial goal you should worry about "dieing" as a company.

Zetsub 08-30-2013 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CuddleBeam (Post 708496)
And then

I greatly doubt that after getting 500% of your initial goal you should worry about "dieing" as a company.

The game ended up being heaps longer than the initial goal, and we made the game 5x bigger as a result. The original game was a lot more linear, there were a few choices but most routes were 5-10k words long with 1-3 endings, now they're 25-40k words long and they have a minimum of 4 endings each. One character has 15 endings, she's going to be heaps of fun :D

If you do the math, we've been working on the game for 6 months, and we've got at least 6-9 months left. The IGG raised 27k, and there were a lot of fees involved.

It works out to about 9k a year, and that's not exactly viable as a yearly income, and we're both from Canada and Australia where the minimum wage and cost of living is much higher.

At the moment we're not making a profit, and if we wanted to make more games we'd need to be making 15k each. We're close, and right now we're doing it because the game is a *lot* of fun to make, but we won't be able to work on it full time unless the game makes more money.

The IGG looks like a huge amount of money, but once you do the math you realise we're not rolling around in piles of cash, we're doing this because it's fun and we want to make a game everyone will enjoy. Pre-orders are going well and if they stay at this rate then we'll end up doing well, but we're increasing our workload and adding more content to the game (like Bri's second love interest and hopefully the expanded mermaid scenes) as sales increase. We're aiming for break even, but if we get pirated and sales drop to 0 then we will end up behind. We're definitely going to finish the game, there's no issue about that, but we are a very small 2 people team.

In good news, we had one pirate show up in chat who pirated the game and said they liked it so much that they decided to pay for it, I know that this is a really rare thing and I was super ecstatic to hear it. I wish they hadn't pirated it in the first place, but I'm glad people are enjoying the game we made :)

Edit - For those who are curious, here's a before/after of Derek/Dina. http://puu.sh/4ezF1.jpg Gotta love drastic before/afters :p

GFoxx 09-07-2013 11:31 PM

I kicked in $25 dollars to see this game made. I wasn't 100% sold on the art style at the time, but I figured you must have had some guts to try to put a product like this out there, so I gave $25 for it.

I'm anticipating the release of the second route, and at this moment in time, I certainly feel like I'm getting my money's worth. Kudos to the both of you, and I have no doubt it will only get better from here.

btw this is the first time I've posted in years lol

Luke2013 09-16-2013 08:28 PM

Just bought the game now. Looking forward for what lies beyond from you guys.

Zetsub 09-27-2013 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke2013 (Post 710096)
Just bought the game now. Looking forward for what lies beyond from you guys.

Thanks heaps! It really means a lot to us.

We've just released the second character, it adds 12 new CG's and 8 different endings to the game, and content wise she's 50% bigger than Yael in total. Hopefully everyone really likes the Bri route, we tried to listen to player feedback and adjust the game accordingly.

We've got a big summary image here: http://dkdevil.deviantart.com/art/IG...ease-403275655 and you can look at the 10 new screenshots we added here: http://www.desura.com/games/gender-b...wister-extreme

Let me know what you think of the second character! : )

Luke2013 09-27-2013 09:03 PM

How does it work exactly. How would I get bri? Would I just have to update the game like normal and she is added.

Zetsub 09-28-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke2013 (Post 710910)
How does it work exactly. How would I get bri? Would I just have to update the game like normal and she is added.

I believe so, you can also download the standalone off Desura, if you own the game and log into your account on the webclient, you should have an option to download the game.

You can instantly tell if it's the Bri route if it says 'Bri Alpha Version' instead of 'Yael Alpha Version'

Spero Mcgee 09-29-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetsub (Post 710923)
I believe so, you can also download the standalone off Desura, if you own the game and log into your account on the webclient, you should have an option to download the game.

You can instantly tell if it's the Bri route if it says 'Bri Alpha Version' instead of 'Yael Alpha Version'

Interesting project you got going on, good luck with the future updates.
I have to say though that Yael girl immediately reminded me of a webcomic of guy that got turned into a magical girl. Think it was named Yuki something.

Zetsub 09-29-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spero Mcgee (Post 711064)
Interesting project you got going on, good luck with the future updates.
I have to say though that Yael girl immediately reminded me of a webcomic of guy that got turned into a magical girl. Think it was named Yuki something.

Sparkling Generation Valkyrie Yuuki. We're friends with the author.

Edit - Desura made us an official trailer for the Bri Route! http://youtu.be/0mrKBVru_NQ

Zetsub 11-04-2013 12:58 PM

We've released a free demo version of the game here, which contains all the canon choices of the first character. If you're curious about the game but haven't had a chance to play it, this will give you 1-1.5hrs of gameplay and give you a decent idea of what the full version is like.

You can grab the demo here: We've just released the first free character for Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme. It doesn't have all of the content of the paid version, but it follows all the canon choices and is about 1-1.5hrs long. If you're curious about the game but haven't played it yet, you can see what the game is like via the demo here:

https://mega.co.nz/#!bRBVyJxR!M4IfoA...KU55Z6xKij-FRM

or

https://mega.co.nz/#!bRBVyJxR!M4IfoA...KU55Z6xKij-FRM

Zetsub 11-23-2013 10:17 PM

We're now on Steam Greenlight! This is a really big step for us and it's pretty scary, but we think that if everyone bands together and gives us a vote, we'll get on Steam.

If you're interested in the game, give us a vote here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=197667538

Zetsub/Lachlan

Dark Horseman 11-26-2013 03:22 PM

Well, it's a fetish/tg game, so a lot of the 12-18 year old kids on steam will probably go "WTF IS THIS ****" just looking at the transgender logo. I'm sure a lot of the people on this forum and other tf/tg sites will probably buy it though since there aren't any games with the same production value.

Rank 10/1835 on Desura by the way, wow. In comparison, Amnesia the Dark Descent is Rank 2/1835, lol. I guess this is a pretty good financial success so far.

Zetsub 11-26-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Horseman (Post 716983)
Well, it's a fetish/tg game, so a lot of the 12-18 year old kids on steam will probably go "WTF IS THIS ****" just looking at the transgender logo. I'm sure a lot of the people on this forum and other tf/tg sites will probably buy it though since there aren't any games with the same production value.

Rank 10/1835 on Desura by the way, wow. In comparison, Amnesia the Dark Descent is Rank 2/1835, lol. I guess this is a pretty good financial success so far.

Yeah, it's been doing well. A few trolls have given us 1 reviews but now people are playing the game our score is going way up, which is awesome.

I thought I'd mention that in a few hours Desura has organised a special one day sale of the game, it will drop fro $25 to $15 for 24 hours only. I thought I'd tell everyone because back in highschool a friend of mine spent $80 to buy Age of Empires only to have it be bundled for free with the breakfast cereal NutriGrain the following week, so I didn't want anyone to feel ripped off if they bought it today or anything. So yeah, it should be live in 3-4 hours, on the front page of Desura.com http://www.desura.com/

Oh, and if anyone is interested Greenlight is doing pretty well. We're on par with a few games in the top 100, so we do have the potential to be greenlit. Even though we're getting *lots* of trolls, we've received 1709 Yes Votes. You need way more to be greenlit, but it's a really good start. Hopefully we can pave the way for more TG games to be released.

Choppy 11-27-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetsub (Post 717010)
Yeah, it's been doing well. A few trolls have given us 1 reviews but now people are playing the game our score is going way up, which is awesome.

I thought I'd mention that in a few hours Desura has organised a special one day sale of the game, it will drop fro $25 to $15 for 24 hours only. I thought I'd tell everyone because back in highschool a friend of mine spent $80 to buy Age of Empires only to have it be bundled for free with the breakfast cereal NutriGrain the following week, so I didn't want anyone to feel ripped off if they bought it today or anything. So yeah, it should be live in 3-4 hours, on the front page of Desura.com http://www.desura.com/

Oh, and if anyone is interested Greenlight is doing pretty well. We're on par with a few games in the top 100, so we do have the potential to be greenlit. Even though we're getting *lots* of trolls, we've received 1709 Yes Votes. You need way more to be greenlit, but it's a really good start. Hopefully we can pave the way for more TG games to be released.

Thank God Danio13 reminded me to buy it after midnight..I look forward to playing it :D

Zetsub 12-01-2013 09:10 PM

For those who are curious, we've released the complete Bri Route for free so people can see what sort of outcomes the choices have on the game. This features all the endings, love interests and nakedness of the full Bri route, and is about 2-3 hours long.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/49...+Bri+Route.zip

If you grab the demo, we'd really appreciate it if you voted for us on Steam Greenlight. We need a lot of votes to get on, but we're slowly getting there: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=197667538

Katsumend 12-02-2013 08:02 PM

Gotta say, I wish the TF scenes were a little longer on some of the newer routes, but they're still great fun :)
Glad to hear the game is doing so well

Zetsub 03-08-2014 11:39 PM

We've released a new character!

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...il-d79hkha.png

You can grab the game here, which still has the big demo available: http://www.desura.com/games/gender-b...wister-extreme

Zetsub 03-19-2014 08:30 PM

If anyone was curious about trying the game, we've just released the Lynn route for free on Desura:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNlU3vcojSQ

Link to the demo: http://www.desura.com/games/gender-b...wister-extreme

Zetsub 04-29-2014 04:45 PM

Sup Process People!

Thanks to a new Greenlight batch, we're now 94% to the top 100 on Steam Greenlight!

http://i.imgur.com/iXFtdPZ.png
Vote for the game here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=197667538

This is really good news for us, as releasing on Steam will allow us to reach a much bigger audience. We only need a few hundred votes and we'll be accepted in the next batch, so if you've got a Steam account then please give us a vote, as it'll make a huge difference to us.

It's worth noting that the demo has been updated to feature 2 complete characters, which includes mermaid and furry transformations as well as the obvious transgender ones. There's also a BE focused path in the Lynn route too, and a bonus MegaBE scene ending in the Bri Route. Both of these are available for free, and you can grab them here: http://www.desura.com/games/gender-b...wister-extreme

If you've got any feedback let me know :)

Cheers
~ Lach

Luke2013 04-30-2014 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetsub (Post 730036)
Sup Process People!

Thanks to a new Greenlight batch, we're now 94% to the top 100 on Steam Greenlight!

http://i.imgur.com/iXFtdPZ.png
Vote for the game here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=197667538

This is really good news for us, as releasing on Steam will allow us to reach a much bigger audience. We only need a few hundred votes and we'll be accepted in the next batch, so if you've got a Steam account then please give us a vote, as it'll make a huge difference to us.

It's worth noting that the demo has been updated to feature 2 complete characters, which includes mermaid and furry transformations as well as the obvious transgender ones. There's also a BE focused path in the Lynn route too, and a bonus MegaBE scene ending in the Bri Route. Both of these are available for free, and you can grab them here: http://www.desura.com/games/gender-b...wister-extreme

If you've got any feedback let me know :)

Cheers
~ Lach

Do paid members get thag aswell?

Zetsub 04-30-2014 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke2013 (Post 730067)
Do paid members get thag aswell?

People who buy the game get all the characters as they're released, and if we're Greenlit we'll send a Steam Key to anyone who bought the game on Desura.

And at this rate, it looks like we're going to be the first TG/TF themed game on Steam.

Choppy 04-30-2014 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zetsub (Post 730085)
People who buy the game get all the characters as they're released, and if we're Greenlit we'll send a Steam Key to anyone who bought the game on Desura.

And at this rate, it looks like we're going to be the first TG/TF themed game on Steam.

Yay a new game for my steam library \^.^/