The Process Forum

The Process Forum (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/index.php)
-   Transformation (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Missed TF opportunities in film (http://www.process-productions.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14763)

thrandrall 11-18-2008 06:37 PM

Missed TF opportunities in film

Well, I was thinking about this more from the Sexiest TF thread.

Which films have come out that should have featured some good TFs but for some reason (budget, etc) the TFs were either really skimped or dropped completely.

1. Prince Caspian - was waiting for a "good" TF or small series of TFs that I remembered from the book for the entire film only to get to the end and find out that the entire sequence was cut completely. Given the pacing of the final film, I'm guessing they never even filmed the scenes involved.

2. The Witches - original book had some great TFs in the lead-up to the main story (told by the boy's grandmother). Girl to chicken, etc. Cut out completely. Then there was great potential for the bit with the maid who put some of the formula on her neck and started sprouting fur there - but they didn't do anything with that - would have been 100x better than seeing the ugly witches transforming. Of course, a slow, sexy TF mightn't have been that appropriate for a kids flick. Still would have loved it.

Plenty of other ones out there in films that had poorly done TFs, but right now, I'm just interested in making a list of films where the source material had them, but cut them out of the movie itself.

TF-Viewer 11-18-2008 06:48 PM

Re: Missed TF opportunities in film

I believe in Wishmaster 3 towards the end a girl was trying to run away from the evil demon genie villian and he was trying to get her to wish for a place to hide. He shoved her face into a rat's cage in some science lab, and rather than transform her into a rat which would have been nice.. he just had rats eat her face off and kill her.... very lame considering how inventive the demon was in the earlier films with his victims.

A question though, in the Witches book, did the maid go through a TF as implied in the film, and was the chicken TF any good?

Crash Ichimonji 11-18-2008 07:08 PM

I would have loved to see Selene be bitten by a Lycan in Underworld: Evolution after she drank Alexander Corvinus's blood, just too see her TF into a Lycan-Vampire Hybrid. Then again, just for badass-sake I wanted to see Markus bite William.

I also wished they did a more gradual transformation for 'The Cat Returns'.

popperock 11-18-2008 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TF-Viewer (Post 237682)
I believe in Wishmaster 3 towards the end a girl was trying to run away from the evil demon genie villian and he was trying to get her to wish for a place to hide. He shoved her face into a rat's cage in some science lab, and rather than transform her into a rat which would have been nice.. he just had rats eat her face off and kill her.... very lame considering how inventive the demon was in the earlier films with his victims.

A question though, in the Witches book, did the maid go through a TF as implied in the film, and was the chicken TF any good?

I think the Maid was just in the movie, and the chicken tf in the book is just "She started growing feathers all over her body and in a month she was a large white hen."

personEL 11-19-2008 04:08 AM

Mansquito - It was strongly implied that the female scientist would be turning into a creature, but there was no TF, and you never got a good look at her when she was changed. Sci-Fi Channel original movies suck!

Anahki 11-19-2008 05:03 AM

Well, just think about all those werewolf movies with "poof" transformations (blood and chocolate), interesting characters who don't end transforming (Cursed, Ginger Snaps III... I hate when they keep me whishing), or simply have one complete TF, and the rest of them "supposed" (Cat People, but many of them fits here).

Chef123 11-19-2008 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by personEL (Post 237741)
Mansquito - It was strongly implied that the female scientist would be turning into a creature, but there was no TF, and you never got a good look at her when she was changed. Sci-Fi Channel original movies suck!

Well, the starting of her transformation was hinted and you see her with red eyes and a strange skin color at the end, but it really sucked that they didn't go further with her changes and turned her also into a large mosquito creature.

"Black Sheep" was also a really good movie, with wasted TF opportunities. The male TFs are really well done but it sucks that no women were shown changing into sheep. I really would have loved it if they had changed the Doctor into a sheep. She was kind of sexy. (BTW they even didn't show how she was killed by the sheep. You just hear her scream and than the screen fades into black)

thrandrall 11-19-2008 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef123 (Post 237750)
Well, the starting of her transformation was hinted and you see her with red eyes and a strange skin color at the end, but it really sucked that they didn't go further with her changes and turned her also into a large mosquito creature.

"Black Sheep" was also a really good movie, with wasted TF opportunities. The male TFs are really well done but it sucks that no women were shown changing into sheep. I really would have loved it if they had changed the Doctor into a sheep. She was kind of sexy. (BTW they even didn't show how she was killed by the sheep. You just hear her scream and than the screen fades into black)

Yeah, there were also some cute foreign bidders there for the sheep demo - you saw a couple get killed (gruesomely ;p), but a few of them obviously transformed as well since they were naked in the sheep dip pen at the end.

Crinos 11-19-2008 07:19 PM

the top of my head:

* Leela in the slurm episode (although B mages sequence is a pretty good guess on what happened).

hewylewis 11-19-2008 08:25 PM

what sequence, where?

Xanderfox 11-19-2008 11:52 PM

Well the lack of Leela's Slurm Queen TF is explained in season 4 of Futurama. Leela can not be effected by mutagens because she's a Mutant, other tf medium must but used

Truct 11-20-2008 01:06 AM

Hi, decided to jump in on the conversation. I must agree with the Wishmaster 3 missed rat opportunity.

I’ve seen so many horror movies and the disappointments are endless. Basically, anything that had the word Witch or Wish in the title usually came up painfully lacking. The Leprechaun and Warlock films had such potential but only had one or two decent female scenes.

A few others that come to mind would be:

Cloverfield: They should have shown the bloating up process.
(Would like to see if there could ever be a realistic TF process when shooting in that raw video style.)

Izumaki: I first saw what must have been a Photoshop image of a slug girl that only made reference to the movie. Sadly, I bought the movie and there were only some boy snails and no process. There should have been something with snail girls instead.

End of Days: In the beginning when Satan was in the restaurant he seemed to have something planned for a woman inside. Instead he just walked out and blew the place up.

Willow: They should have shown the woman warrior Sorsha changing.

Spellcaster: Same as above. Turn the woman into a pig or something. Equal opportunity.

Rocky and Bullwinkle: The woman’s head turning into a fruit was lame. Since it was a kids movie, I can’t be too critical.

In televsion: (sorry I know we're talking movies but wanted to throw these in)

Buffy disappointments:
The Buffy rat process could have been better
The Halloween episode where people became the costume they wore.
The other Halloween episode where a haunted house brings people's fears to life.
Willow and Amy once toyed around with people in a dance club but nothing ever happened.
Also the Revenge demon was a great concept, but again, nothing.

Angel Season 5: Lorne made a comment to Eve about seeing her future and at the time, the Senior Partners were still after her. Other characters had previous encounters with the Partners and it seemed like they didn’t straight out kill, they punished. Would loved to have seen her get turned into something slimy.

TF-Viewer 11-20-2008 01:22 AM

Well the Cloverfield thing was not an off screen body inflation TF, it was an offscreen death by explosion. Seeing her innards flying out and her exposed ribs and spine afterward would have ruined the illusion many people have that that scene was anything but the characters gruesome death. So I would disagree there.

baxter1327 11-20-2008 04:31 AM

Dog Soldiers!

Ol' girl gives that awesome speech about being a bitch- and JUST when it's set to get good, she goes and gets shot in the head.

Anahki 11-20-2008 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baxter1327 (Post 237978)
Dog Soldiers!

Ol' girl gives that awesome speech about being a bitch- and JUST when it's set to get good, she goes and gets shot in the head.

Yesss... everyone's hiding to change into werewolves, and when a werewolf girl transformation is going to happen then... otherwise, is a good movie. Promise.

Crinos 11-20-2008 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hewylewis (Post 237926)
what sequence, where?

Its on the request board. Two sequences done by B Mage for a request: One of Leela turning into a Slurm Queen, and the other just straight up weight gain. found here: http://www.process-productions.com/f...ead.php?t=3246

thrandrall 11-20-2008 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baxter1327 (Post 237978)
Dog Soldiers!

Well she still turns into a werewolf, it's just under the table since she fell over when they shot her. Either way, looking at the other TFs in the film, it wouldn't exactly have been very "attractive" ;p

TF-Viewer 11-20-2008 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrandrall (Post 238057)
Well she still turns into a werewolf, it's just under the table since she fell over when they shot her. Either way, looking at the other TFs in the film, it wouldn't exactly have been very "attractive" ;p

I believe you're confusing two different parts of the movie. The first TF takes place in the kitchen and it features a man transforming under the table. The woman later on is shot in the head immediately upon showing signs of transforming.

The film only had partial TFs, and the one off screen male TF under the table.

thrandrall 11-21-2008 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TF-Viewer (Post 238061)
I believe you're confusing two different parts of the movie. The first TF takes place in the kitchen and it features a man transforming under the table. The woman later on is shot in the head immediately upon showing signs of transforming.

The film only had partial TFs, and the one off screen male TF under the table.

No, the officer transformed, but you know the woman made it too, because the other wolf gets up with a hole in it's head (I think shot through the eye) - that's why there's 3 or 4 there. It's after the other guy transforms.

Xanderfox 11-21-2008 01:12 PM

Lots of werewolf tfs are quicker than I'd like, and a great deal are done off screen in Buffy there where many tfs, especially involving werewolves, that happened off screen and could of been process.

TF-Viewer 11-21-2008 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrandrall (Post 238242)
No, the officer transformed, but you know the woman made it too, because the other wolf gets up with a hole in it's head (I think shot through the eye) - that's why there's 3 or 4 there. It's after the other guy transforms.

But she wasn't shot through the eye, so any wolf that got up with a hole in it's head wasn't her. Those werewolves could survive anything except silver and it was presumed that fire could kill them as well. In human form it didn't appear that they still possessed that invulnerability to normal weapons. She died from that shot, there was no hint that she lived, and she certainly didn't TF under a table. Regardless of whether she survived a bullet to the brain while in human form and TF'd off screen later (which there is no indication of that happening) she still would have died when the house exploded. As those were apparently werewolves who could die from fire as well as silver, some myths say that silver, fire, or another werewolf are the only things that can kill werewolves, unless they are in human form then they die as easily as anyone else.

thrandrall 11-22-2008 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TF-Viewer (Post 238274)
But she wasn't shot through the eye, so any wolf that got up with a hole in it's head wasn't her. Those werewolves could survive anything except silver and it was presumed that fire could kill them as well. In human form it didn't appear that they still possessed that invulnerability to normal weapons. She died from that shot, there was no hint that she lived, and she certainly didn't TF under a table. Regardless of whether she survived a bullet to the brain while in human form and TF'd off screen later (which there is no indication of that happening) she still would have died when the house exploded. As those were apparently werewolves who could die from fire as well as silver, some myths say that silver, fire, or another werewolf are the only things that can kill werewolves, unless they are in human form then they die as easily as anyone else.

As I saw it, she was already partially into the transformation which gave her some invulnerability - but I'll check it out again tomorrow.

Just finished Hellboy 2 on DVD. Seeing the scene again reminded me of how I was hoping for a shot in the theaters - when the forest elemental is dying and the plants sprout up wherever his blood drips - how interesting it would have been to see that interact with human tissue. Either winding up with nymphs or people turning into trees or something.

Similarly would like to see a some live action film demonstrating something like the TPB "The Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot" (really need the animated series on DVD) by Frank Miller and Geoff Darrow where people turn into weird creatures when monstrous saliva drips on them - even partially transforming the Big Guy. I think there have been one or two short animation bits that have demonstrated something along those lines, but nothing in live action/cgi.

Sutibaru 11-22-2008 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truct (Post 237966)
Izumaki: I first saw what must have been a Photoshop image of a slug girl that only made reference to the movie. Sadly, I bought the movie and there were only some boy snails and no process. There should have been something with snail girls instead.

Yeah the only female snail is the television reporter. You only get to see her afterwards, it appears she is dead. If you read the manga, the snail story makes a little more sense. No female TF other than twisting limbs in the manga.

Crinos 11-22-2008 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sutibaru (Post 238507)
Yeah the only female snail is the television reporter. You only get to see her afterwards, it appears she is dead. If you read the manga, the snail story makes a little more sense. No female TF other than twisting limbs in the manga.

That's not entirely true, there's also the twisting hair thing, and also the mosquito women.

But yeah, serious lack of female TF.

ANYWHO, since this is the missed TF opportunity thread, any chance an enterprising artist could take up some of these missed TF opportunities?

thrandrall 11-23-2008 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TF-Viewer (Post 238274)

Ok, just watched it again with the commentary on - as the director says - one of the werewolves that shows up right before the SGT lights the gas hose in the kitchen at the end is missing an eye because it was Meghan and she was shot in the eye partially through the TF (right after you saw her yellow eyes and fangs).

Sutibaru 11-23-2008 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crinos (Post 238548)
That's not entirely true, there's also the twisting hair thing, and also the mosquito women.

I do not consider the hair or the mosquito women (especially the mosquito women) anything that belongs in the TF section. The mosquito women didnt have any real physical changes except for looking crazy from what I can remember. I guess we can consider the girl who has a spiral scar that she turns into a spiral herself...

TF-Viewer 11-23-2008 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thrandrall (Post 238651)
Ok, just watched it again with the commentary on - as the director says - one of the werewolves that shows up right before the SGT lights the gas hose in the kitchen at the end is missing an eye because it was Meghan and she was shot in the eye partially through the TF (right after you saw her yellow eyes and fangs).

Edit: Well after watching it again I guess that's how it happened. I remembered it differently. But it still didn't happen under any table, that was the male officer from much earlier, that much I was right about.

I thought they were making a sequel to this, or was that idea thrown out?

Amahain 12-08-2008 11:53 AM

Here's one that I came across while aimlessly browsing through Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Breed_(2006_film)

A group of friends are on an island with a wild population of genetically enhanced attack dogs. One girl gets bitten and starts exhibiting canine behaviour, but it seems like she dies before there's any real sort of TF. Also, there seems to be implied TF at the end, but it's male.

Here's the trailer anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbCx9gepTUw

mvscsu29 12-15-2008 09:19 PM

Never Cry Werewolf squandered a really great opportunity for a female TF: Nina Dobrev is so frikking hot. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lWv8...eature=related

She gets infected at ~1:20, has some slight eye TFs at ~4:00 and ~5:00, but that's it.

Apsm 01-30-2009 08:07 PM

I have a television example:

There was a Halloween special of the Simpsons, where the Simpsons go to an Island owned(?) by Dr Hibbert. It is revealed later he is turning everyone into animals. However, there was NO transformation sequence at all. Not even with Marge who became a cat-like creature. I felt ripped off there.

Vengeance1701 02-14-2009 10:28 PM

Yeah, I just watched Dog Soldiers...........how dense are these guys that even after being told they're dealing with werewolves....

They completely fail to notice Ryan's wounds healing quicker and his more aggressive personality?

slayer1 04-22-2009 09:06 PM

Just speculating but I have a feeling the TF in the upcoming HBO series True Blood will be a let down.

In the bookes that the series is based on there are female werewolfs, dog shape shifters, and werepanters...

Based on the dog shapeshifter which is a poof animorphs kind of thing, I do not expect much...

cpt soban 04-23-2009 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slayer1 (Post 296191)
In the bookes that the series is based on there are female werewolfs, dog shape shifters, and werepanters...

werepanters

Original at least, someone turning into a bloodlusting pair of pants might be terrifying.

slayer1 04-23-2009 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpt soban (Post 296350)
Original at least, someone turning into a bloodlusting pair of pants might be terrifying.

english is not my first language, thank you internet grammar police <^>

cpt soban 04-23-2009 08:45 AM

hey it just gave me a good chuckle, if you are insulted by that its your problem

TF-Viewer 04-23-2009 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpt soban (Post 296350)

That's a really hot idea actually...

CNash 04-23-2009 03:27 PM

Rule 35, anyone? :)

Crash Ichimonji 04-29-2009 03:08 PM

The 90s rerere...make of 'The Island of Dr. Moreau' with the girl that was obviously part cat. All we saw of her 'reverting' was her fangs and eyes. Too bad she died before she actually got more animal like beyond her behavior.

And not sure if this was mentioned (too lazy to skim back through the thread), but the Mario Brothers movie could have had some female TF...or rather devolving with those nifty Evo-Guns the Gumbas weilded. Hell, even the Gumba-fication process they did on Toad would have been interesting to see on a female saurian-human. All we saw was that sleazy businessman (Mr. Scapelli I think was his name) being turned to a chimp and the climactic scene with Koopa at the end (well, and King Bowser reverting back to human form from a fungus). Still, to see Daisy or Koopa's skank being partially devolved to a reptilian form would be VERY interesting. The very premise of the dinosaurs evolving to a perfectly human form is such an awesome idea, shame not many film groups have touched on it. 'Anonymous Rex' on Scifi did something along those lines (still need to see the rest), and there was an episode of the first season of 'Are You Afraid of the Dark?' with a boarding school run by dinosaur-people in disguise who were raising eggs for a suarian coup against mammals.

NOW I remember where I got the inspiration for my 'Re-Evolution' story I posted here, lol.

dorintf 04-29-2009 05:21 PM

Yeah, I remember eagerly awaiting the 90s Moreau movie. That was a disappointment. Balk got progressively hawter until she got progressively deader. That one always annoyed me.

thrandrall 04-29-2009 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorintf (Post 298597)
Yeah, I remember eagerly awaiting the 90s Moreau movie. That was a disappointment. Balk got progressively hawter until she got progressively deader. That one always annoyed me.

Good call. Forgot that one myself - been a long time. Got me hot in the theater.....then a letdown :(

sodacat 04-29-2009 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash Ichimonji (Post 298498)
'Anonymous Rex' on Scifi did something along those lines (still need to see the rest)

Anonymous Rex is actually a series of novels, so you might want to start there if you're interested in it. Also the dinosaurs don't actually look like people, they use, IIRC, a mixture of prosthetics and holograms to pretend to be human so that the humans don't find out about them and decide to kill them all. It's about as ridiculous a scenario as you could possibly invent to bring dinosaurs into the modern world.

Crash Ichimonji 04-30-2009 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sodacat (Post 298681)
Anonymous Rex is actually a series of novels, so you might want to start there if you're interested in it. Also the dinosaurs don't actually look like people, they use, IIRC, a mixture of prosthetics and holograms to pretend to be human so that the humans don't find out about them and decide to kill them all. It's about as ridiculous a scenario as you could possibly invent to bring dinosaurs into the modern world.

Didn't know about the book series. I did know about the holograms/prosthetics, though. I just liked that there was a scenario where dinosaurs didn't all go extinct. Of course, recent reseach suggests that dinosaurs died out from the Cretaceous extinction due to a sudden build up of carbon in the atmosphere that dinosaurs' ineffecient respiration systems couldn't adapt to. As Dr. Rigby of Notre Dame University once told me and some teachers at a dig, "So Jurassic Park my foot!"

But back to the topic...

I'll check out the books, though. Need something new to read that isn't manga, anyways.

Ladylike255 07-01-2009 10:05 AM

How about "Missed TF opportunities on TV?" I thought that missed opportunities in film board was so popular I think my idea for TV Missed opportunities might sound good! Anyone want to support my idea?

Monstermaster13 08-04-2020 12:28 PM

Not that Cursed could have been a good movie or anything, but we don't see Christina Ricci wolf out until gradually near the end, yes she does inhabit some lupine traits like for some reason pheromones but she only wolfs out at the end.

Mazoku 08-05-2020 09:31 PM

Princess Lily in the movie "Legend" was originally supposed to be transformed into a demonic werecat: https://www.figmentfly.com/legend/script3a.html . Much as I liked Lily's Darkness dress transformation, an eventual full demon transformation would have been nice.

Speaking of 80's glam-fantasy movies, in "Labyrinth" it was a bit disappointing that the Goblin King didn't turn Sarah into a goblin princess during the masquerade ball scene.

Kind of a weird one but, I thought they were going to turn the heroine into a silly sexy tomato minion in "The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC8SCqV_v_Y but nope.

Monstermaster13 08-05-2020 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazoku (Post 841111)
Princess Lily in the movie "Legend" was originally supposed to be transformed into a demonic werecat: https://www.figmentfly.com/legend/script3a.html . Much as I liked Lily's Darkness dress transformation, an eventual full demon transformation would have been nice.

Speaking of 80's glam-fantasy movies, in "Labyrinth" it was a bit disappointing that the Goblin King didn't turn Sarah into a goblin princess during the masquerade ball scene.

I am a sucker for the concept of heroines being turned to the side of evil, and I know that I have seen a picture someone did of Lily transforming into a cat-woman (https://www.deviantart.com/macguffin...-Kyo-658375092) and I have done a similar type of thing with characters like Buffy Summers (I know Buffy did become a vampire, and Fulmoonmaster has done a Buffy or Buffy-esque character turning into a werewolf or sometimes it is actually Buffy herself turning into a were-demon or bat-monster).

catfish27 08-05-2020 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monstermaster13 (Post 841081)
Not that Cursed could have been a good movie or anything, but we don't see Christina Ricci wolf out until gradually near the end, yes she does inhabit some lupine traits like for some reason pheromones but she only wolfs out at the end.

I just recently heard Judy Greer talk about this movie on a podcast. During pre-production, she'd gotten to go to Rick Baker's studio for test shots using the werewolf makeup/prosthetics; she really enjoyed that experience, and was very disappointed that they ended up going with CGI werewolves instead. It's something she still feels strongly about 15 years later. So there's a note for Hollywood -- Judy Greer desperately wants to be in a movie where she gets to transform via practical effects.

Anyway, I found this.

Monstermaster13 08-05-2020 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catfish27 (Post 841114)
I just recently heard Judy Greer talk about this movie on a podcast. During pre-production, she'd gotten to go to Rick Baker's studio for test shots using the werewolf makeup/prosthetics; she really enjoyed that experience, and was very disappointed that they ended up going with CGI werewolves instead. It's something she still feels strongly about 15 years later. So there's a note for Hollywood -- Judy Greer desperately wants to be in a movie where she gets to transform via practical effects.

Anyway, I found this.

Rick Baker's design got scrapped in favor of the CGI too. That's not the first time though, I remember that his Village Of The Damned remake plans got scrapped as well and there's that movie 'Isobar' (that plant alien on a train movie that was supposed to be made by Carolco and was going to star Sly Stallone and Kim Bassinger).

howlingfan 08-06-2020 06:44 AM

Not sure if someone already mentioned this, but one of my "favorite" missed opportunities (besides the aforementioned "Cursed") was the woman in "Dog Soldiers" (forgot her name since I haven't seen it in ages). Very Old Spoiler Alert: She's seen protecting the soldiers from the werewolves outside the cabin, and throughout the movie, I kept thinking, "It's too bad she's not a werewolf herself." Then she starts speaking mysteriously about how "being nice to a woman will get you nowhere; being nice to ME will get you killed" and "it's that time of the month." I thought, "Is she...?" Then her eyes glow, she flashes her fangs, and I thought, "Oh my God! Here we go!!" Annnnnd....she gets shot in the face. End of character and any possible TF. I was like, "COME ON!!!"

The Zesty One 08-06-2020 07:49 AM

One of the original versions of Disney's Tangled involved Rapunzel being transformed into a squirrel and a girl from the real world being made into the new Rapunzel. There's a few very early animatics where you see the presumably squirrel-ified Rapunzel but nothing in the way anything remotely TF related besides the vague story outline. Sigh... What could have been.

thunderwing 08-06-2020 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catfish27 (Post 841114)

Anyway, I found this.

I really appreciate how much you can tell that werewolf used to be Judy Greer.

budhud33 08-06-2020 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Zesty One (Post 841122)
One of the original versions of Disney's Tangled involved Rapunzel being transformed into a squirrel and a girl from the real world being made into the new Rapunzel. There's a few very early animatics where you see the presumably squirrel-ified Rapunzel but nothing in the way anything remotely TF related besides the vague story outline. Sigh... What could have been.

Do you have a link or photo for the animatics?

Monstermaster13 08-06-2020 10:18 PM

I wouldn't call this a missed opportunity in film, since I don't think this movie ever came out. I just remember seeing a post on a website about this New Zealand horror movie about a 'werepiranha' or piranha-esque fish-man. I don't know if it had a title though.

ailovestogrow 08-07-2020 01:27 PM

Really, so much in Harry Potter. Voldy has an army, not a single wizard though to prepare a polyjuice potion with a bit of basilisk (on the grounds) or a dragon (Weasley brother or Hagrid has access)?

asteroth1980 08-07-2020 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by howlingfan (Post 841120)
Not sure if someone already mentioned this, but one of my "favorite" missed opportunities (besides the aforementioned "Cursed") was the woman in "Dog Soldiers" (forgot her name since I haven't seen it in ages). Very Old Spoiler Alert: She's seen protecting the soldiers from the werewolves outside the cabin, and throughout the movie, I kept thinking, "It's too bad she's not a werewolf herself." Then she starts speaking mysteriously about how "being nice to a woman will get you nowhere; being nice to ME will get you killed" and "it's that time of the month." I thought, "Is she...?" Then her eyes glow, she flashes her fangs, and I thought, "Oh my God! Here we go!!" Annnnnd....she gets shot in the face. End of character and any possible TF. I was like, "COME ON!!!"

I totally agree on that one! That was SUCH a disappointment!

Mazoku 08-07-2020 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ailovestogrow (Post 841169)
Really, so much in Harry Potter. Voldy has an army, not a single wizard though to prepare a polyjuice potion with a bit of basilisk (on the grounds) or a dragon (Weasley brother or Hagrid has access)?

Catgirl Hermione, I can't even remember how much was shown or implied of her transformation in the movie, which suggests to me that it wasn't nearly enough.

generallyawesome 08-07-2020 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by budhud33 (Post 841124)
Do you have a link or photo for the animatics?

Links and Details of the orginial version of the film can be found here:
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...veBeen/Tangled

My suggestion for "Missed TF Opportunities in Film" would come from Despicable Me 2. In the film the Villain produces a Mutagenic Serum that turns things evil. At the end of the film he drinks the Serum, turning himself into a Purple, Furry Monster.
I believe that the film would have had more emotional depth if he had used the serum on either Lucy (Gru's love interest) or Gru's adopted daughters and turned them into evil monsters. Otherwise, it made for a rather anti-climactic ending.

ailovestogrow 08-07-2020 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by generallyawesome (Post 841181)
My suggestion for "Missed TF Opportunities in Film" would come from Despicable Me 2. In the film the Villain produces a Mutagenic Serum that turns things evil. At the end of the film he drinks the Serum, turning himself into a Purple, Furry Monster.
I believe that the film would have had more emotional depth if he had used the serum on either Lucy (Gru's love interest) or Gru's adopted daughters and turned them into evil monsters. Otherwise, it made for a rather anti-climactic ending.

This. Anyone got any links for erofics, or do I have to write some?

thunderwing 08-07-2020 06:48 PM

I am reluctant to call it a missed opportunity, because it was a beautiful movie and I loved it, but I was left wanting more than Sally Hawkins growing gills at the end of The Shape of Water.

Mazoku 08-11-2020 07:07 PM

Killer Clowns from Outer Space - I thought there was some room there for clown transformation.

The Gate 2 - demon transformations a few male characters including the male lead but not the female lead.