free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Evil conversion(for the lack for better term)
View Single Post
Unread 01-18-2009   #1216
shadowlurker
Lurker

Re: Evil conversion(for the lack for better term)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb9 View Post
I made it in rm2k3. Do you think I should put in an attack feature? The boss has it (sorta). The obvious issues is that attacking opens oneself open to being attacked, though it could be a projectile.

The emphasis of the game is the bad endings. This alpha is a bit of a rushed project, and it's hard because like I said it takes so much time to make. Basically, my framework is RyonaRPG with seduction rather than death and gore, and more text-driven.

Both rooms don't work. I think I will remedy the CC situation by having the monstergirl teleport with you to a little room/separate screen once you get CC-maxed.

I'm confined to working on this on weekends, but I'm open to ideas. I'd like to know how to make it sexier. There's really no other point of me making this game. Here's an idea of the next few dungeons:

-optional witch huts where you can get additional game overs
-mountain pass with harpies, lamias
-tower with lots of traps, alura unes, witch at the top
-siren's cove, lamias and mermaids

Some other ideas I have are maybe focusing a bit more on the evil conversion or the after-effects of being converted. It's difficult to write scenarios but I'd like to know if the existing scenarios should be fleshed out more and in what regards. The only real options are dialogue because I don't have artistic talents, but I do have a large sprite arsenal.
I just tried this, and I must say it's an awesome idea for a game! Of course, I'm one of those sick, twisted individuals that likes bad endings. The game has real promise, in my opinion. I like your ideas for the next few dungeons, and look forward to seeing your implementation.

I wouldn't worry about the game being dialogue-heavy. Just from the alpha, I'd say it was fine. Work with what you have and utilize your strengths (writing, I'd say) and the game will come out fine.

I would like to see the after-effects of being converted (maybe even a chance to help the enemy ), but I'd suggest developing the game in whatever manner gives you the most enjoyment. In other words, don't burn yourself out trying to do too much or focusing on one facet when you'd rather be focusing on another.

Just a thought, but you may want to create a separate thread for this. It's specialized enough to survive on its own away from the Evil Conversion thread.
shadowlurker is offline   Reply With Quote