free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - My shot at a TG drawing.
View Single Post
Unread 06-04-2006   #2
Case Scenario
Frequent Poster

review

It's nice. Process may have been preferable, since that's essentially the theme around here, but I've certainly seen much worse. Keep at it, maybe concentrate on anatomy. Particularly the hands. It's been said by some that to draw good cartoons, all you really need to know is how to draw the head and hands. You might try getting the basics of the realistic face down before tackling more iconic, "manga" styles. She looks just a smidge like her eyes are going in opposite directions. Oh, and I'd have the shadow under her connect with her feet and pants. When shading ends around a character it can indicate separation, like foreground/background. In other words, it looks like she's floating just slightly over the floor. Also, and this is sort of a pet peeve of mine, loose pants wouldn't quite fall that way... they seem like they should be bigger around the knees and/or less wide at the bottom. It's like the character's wearing bell-bottoms. Though I admire your sense of form under the clothing, how the hips are wide enough to make the fabric go taut. Definitely a nice job for the first time.

Last edited by Case Scenario; 06-04-2006 at 08:40 PM.
Case Scenario is offline   Reply With Quote