free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - Evil conversion(for the lack for better term)
View Single Post
Unread 05-26-2015   #7222
brandygang
Be me!

Re: Evil conversion(for the lack for better term)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Otto View Post
None that I can think of...at least, none in a movie, TV show, or book I've ever seen/read. I'd love to see a more intimate character study about a heroine-turned-villainess, but it's not particularly "commercial-friendly" as it's kind of a downer.
That's a shame. I think it has a lot of potential but is definitely under-explored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amahain View Post
By "good story", are you specifically looking for written works? I can't really think of any off the top of my head, but I think one of the better known examples of that in video games would be Kerrigan from the Starcraft series. She gets turned during the second campaign of the first game and she's one of the main villains up until the end of the first campaign in Starcraft 2 (at which point she becomes a hero again, though really pissed off and bent on revenge to the point that she's more of an anti-hero). I'm not a huge fan of Blizzard's writing these days, but they definitely payed a lot of attention to this particular character and reveal a lot about what makes her tick through in-game dialogue and cinematics.
It doesn't have to be a written story specifically, any media will do. Their are a few series that I've heard dwell into this, but none of them I really have access to. (Either because I've completely forgotten what they are or no translation exists) An iffy example might be the exploration of Jean Gay and the Phoenix but, outside of Chris Claremont's run I'd struggle to call it a "Good story." (Or the aforementioned a good character)

Just a story that generally explores more of the corrupted character's perspective, their justifications and role on things overall would be nice. It doesn't seem to be too common however.
brandygang is offline   Reply With Quote