The Process Forum - View Single Post - New Werewolf Project
View Single Post
Unread 07-26-2016   #5
Decardo
Process Fan

Re: New Werewolf Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amahain View Post
So you're going for a Horrify Me style werewolf? Cool! That was a good shoot.

So the end result isn't going to be some great big hulking beast made of CGI or animatronics, but an actress with a costume. This puts some limits on things, but that's fine. We won't be getting digitigrade feet, for example and we might not get a full-on tail (which, admittedly, would look a bit odd on a human-shaped wolf like the one in the photo shoot).

To me, if this is horror, I say go for full-on body horror. Bleeding from the gums as fangs grow in, or claws growing underneath the finger and toenails, pushing them aside. Squicky sound effects to go with the bones and muscles that are reshaping. Don't cover the actress in fur head to toe, but give her patches of wiry hair here and there to give her a bit of a mangy look.

And to me, I think a big part of a werewolf transformation is the build-up. The subtle physical changes in the days after the initial infection, like fast growing body hair and enhanced senses coupled with behavioural changes (craving for meat, maybe being a bit more prone to violence, that sort of thing). Of course, how the build-up is done depends on the story.
Potentially we will swap out the actress for a bigger more muscular actress about 75% of the way through the scene and yeah I'm looking to make something AWIL fans would love. I wont be doing that exact scene but something on par.
Decardo is offline   Reply With Quote