free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - What's Missing: Loss of Strength
View Single Post
Unread 01-29-2021   #28
Mathai
Professional Slacker

Location: California native, returned after years in the Army abroad.
Re: What's Missing: Loss of Strength

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbh View Post
On a side note, I had a thought that a person who has been shrunken a while might be a lot stronger than someone who just barely shrank. The idea is that a person having to live at that size, their day to day exersions of having to climb and walk further and the like would make them stronger. In turn someone freshly shrunken, having lost all that mass would be a comparative weakling, at least until they aclamated. Any thoughs?
That makes sense to me. Living in a more dangerous world would burn away the weakness quickly. It would be something similar to Army basic training I imagine. I've never been more fit and thin in my life than I was after those months of intense work. Or do you mean more of a super human strength as compared to other people of that reduced size?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight_Roxas View Post
If the person who is shrunk loses strength how is she able to whole part of her clothes that is a size of a circus tent to cover her body or rip pieces of the clothes to make a tiny dress?

I think if there were already a hole or weakness in the fabric, the smaller person could exploit that to rip the fabric. I couldn't tear my heavy winter blanket down the middle, but if it has a hole then the strength has already been compromised.
Mathai is offline   Reply With Quote