View Single Post
Unread 06-21-2011   #45
sodacat
Calling from the New Era

Re: Request a Story

Was going to suggest something but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursebearer View Post
but it clashes a bit with what I really enjoy writing, which is the mind of the girl either changing into or being replaced by the more feral mind of a beast.
That pretty much rules it out entirely. So here's something else that popped into my head when I was browsing CYOC last night.

A writer, after having a nervous breakdown attempting to finish her current novel, is ordered by her publicist to go on mandatory vacation. She is sent to a private resort in the mountains, known for both skiing and hunting. After she arrives a storm moves in, cutting off any travel in or out of the community for the next several days.

She awakes from her first night's sleep very refreshed, if not entirely feeling herself, and sets out to explore the small community. Some of the people are uncharacteristically cold to her, while others are overly friendly. That night the lodge's receptionist meets the writer in private and tells her that she must get out of the resort that night, no matter what, or she will die. She explains no further, but it rattles the writer enough that she attempts to power through the storm anyways. Her vehicle eventually gets stuck, and she only makes it a few steps on foot before collapsing.

The next morning she wakes up, none the worse for wear, in her cabin, and both her car and the receptionist have disappeared. A little digging around reveals the truth of what's going on: her cabin is a magical containment unit, designed to collect and condense mystical energy into a single point: her. The end result is the creation of a werewolf, which would then be hunted by guests who paid handsomely for the opportunity to mount a mythical beast in their trophy room. She is too late to stop the effects of the cabin, and escapes into the woods, along with the hunters, as the changes start to take hold.

Not sure how much longer after that you'd want to continue the story, since you typically end it after the transformation.
Deviantart | Furaffinity. I write things here.
sodacat is offline   Reply With Quote