The Process Forum - View Single Post - Eerie Cuties does it again
View Single Post
Unread 08-29-2013   #10
NimrodClover
KC Strip Artist

Post Re: Eerie Cuties does it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightfoot View Post
I guess It's always possible. I think she and Layla are two now not to be BE'd in the series.

The artist has several default sizes, and Nina here is the biggest size- equal to Didi, Chloe, and the other time Laura had big breasts, and both times Cessily had big ones. I suspect that the only way any girl could get bigger than the current biggest size is for someone like Chloe to visit. She's already as big as Nina, so any addition would break new ground.

I'm not really sure where this is going exactly in the story. I originally thought this was a way for some physical diversity in the cast after Chloe left, but it now seems more likely that everything will return to normal at the end. The more chaotic things get, the more likely everything will return to normal.

It's weird how so many of the related comics had spin offs taking away seemingly important members of the cast, and then had to introduce new characters to fill the gaps.
Lightfoot parallels my thoughts exactly. The artist does have a set of "sizes" so even though the pages are hand drawn there is almost a switch out the heads feel to the thing. (Just like an Archie comic) Unfortunately, even within this story arc it has kept me feeling like this lack of subtle difference was missing a great aspect of the storytelling.

I also agree that the only way we would actually get bigger than this generic "big bust" size is if a Chloe or other already "big" character showed up and the art was FORCED to show a difference. However, my guess would be that we are at some self-imposed limit for the strip and the best we would get would be a "Goodness, you are a big as me now." sort of thing.
I keep getting the same feeling when reading Questionable Content which also has difficulty showing "big breasts" and does use stock bodies with interchangeable heads.
http://www.questionablecontent.net/view.php?comic=2509

What first started me thinking about this was the Attribute Swapping theme in the current arc. It felt to me like it was not so much swapping but adding or subtracting. However it quickly became obvious that this was not the case. What we have is simply characters jumping from one preset body type to another. Just using the breast aspect one can see that it is not some fixed amount of mass being shifted around because the three of them started out at different sizes.
If you want entire comic dissertations about this sort on thing one need only read a little of El Goonish Shive. So it is possible to take this to extremes at either end of the spectrum.

It is too bad that over at Eerie Cuties they feel that there are just four flavors; small, medium, large and none.

(Totally agree that they do tend to get rid of a character only to create a new one to simply plug the hole left behind - that could be why I just do not want to legitimize the spin-offs by reading them. Have not followed Magick Chicks or Vampire Cheerleaders at all and only looked at Chloe's strip for the first time prior to writing this just now.)
NimrodClover is offline   Reply With Quote