free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - New site and art contest (no new pics yet actually)
View Single Post
Unread 07-07-2012   #167
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

Re: New site and art contest (no new pics yet actually)

Well now...so many irons in the fire....almost like juggling chainsaws ;p

Another idea...might as well fish for feedback here before posting anything (yes the story illustration idea is still going forward).

Just thinking about this one today...what about a process-related "choose your change" sort of thing - based on viewers votes.

Right now there are only a limited number of concepts that I can think of that would fit really well - at least for an initial project.

Looking at the Jumanji/Zathura-esque board game idea. Probably start with 4 or 5 characters - variety of genders/races/etc. Then slowly start with each one rolling the dice - each number comes with a different process (depending on the situation...maybe each character only undergoes certain types of transformations or possibly each turn it's a different set of changes - ie...the same animal, but each number grants a different type of change (arms/legs/head/tail/etc). Needs some polishing.

Either way...each time...voting would be open for a week or so - to determine the fall of the dice. Once that was decided on...possibly voting for the artist - from a general offered selection of artists (probably sticking with some fairly convenient/affordable/available artists).

Now with so much viewer interaction...and the number of sequences involved - think I might need to invite more donation support as well. Maybe say a set amount for each sequence ($100 or thereabouts - depending on the artist). Take donations for the first half and I match with the balance. Might take a while to reach the full amount - but might also give some folks a little more incentive if they're interested in seeing the results.

Although something that'd probably piss some people off - probably gonna keep things pretty clean overall - probably "R" equivalent - no need for any crazy explicity sex stuff/futa/etc.

Just tossing ideas around right now...not sure how long it'd go for - 4 or five characters..depending on how long it would take to get around the notional board (probably make a colorful powerpoint image file or something to update with each piece move so everyone could keep track of the progress overall).

FWIW, this old story is also one of my real inspirations: http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/sru/thegame.html

Donate to support an artist!
thrandrall is offline   Reply With Quote