free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - New Poll Question Re: Erotic and Fetish Comics
View Single Post
Unread 11-28-2014   #2
Obsidian
Process Master

Re: New Poll Question Re: Erotic and Fetish Comics

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrellsan View Post
Hey over at my website, blondemarvel.com I have a new poll question for y'all to answer-but I thought we could also ask the question here since a lot of us read comics, particularly erotic and or fetish related comics. I've modified the question a bit for this particular forum but the gist is the same. Thanks for voting or giving input. It'll help me out with my future endeavors.

So here's my question:

Many readers prefer their erotic stories to get to the point quickly, where the sex act (or transformation) happens at least 2-4 pages in. They read the comic for the sex/fetish/tf and not so much for things like plot and characterization. If the main characters aren't doing the nasty by the fifth page or thereabouts they tune out and find something else to read.

Other readers prefer erotic stories that allow for things like plot, motivation and logic. They're turned off by stories where characters who have only just met inexplicably engage in sex (or people transform for flimsy, illogical reasons). They're willing to wait for the writer to flesh out the story and make the sexual encounters (or transformations) more plausible. Well, what kind of reader are you. There's no right or wrong.
Neither, tbh.

Sometimes it's nice to just read a story where the plot is kept to a minimum and really only serves to set up the next erotic scene. And then again, sometimes it's fun to get invested in a story where the plot is enthralling and deep, and the erotic stuff is built up to or only hinted at.

Same goes for creating such content; sometimes I just want to write TF pron, so to speak, and sometimes I feel like writing a narrative. *shrugs* Basically, whatever I'm feeling like at the moment and have time for.
Obsidian is offline   Reply With Quote