free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - TF stories that aren't super short.
View Single Post
Unread 09-23-2022   #70
palindrome64
Lurker

Re: TF stories that aren't super short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorintf View Post
Seeing this comment really hits home with me. A lot of times I feel the same, especially when I think one particular story of mine is far better than other things I've written but received much less attention.
Yeah I got hit with this on a recent story of my own too. It's a rough feels to put a lot of work into something to have it ignored by your followers. You can spiral into that feel of "Did I really screw up?" or "Is it really just not very good?" It's hard to tell, and the mental chewing can really hurt your motivation to continue to write (or draw). I swear most things I write over about 5,000 words tend to get ignored. Which is really frustrating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
yes lurkers are nice but its even better to get feedback and get a feel for what most like and growing as a creator.

no point in creating and sharing if there is no interest.
I'll take a single comment, constructively critical or positive, over almost anything. I'd rather talk about what you liked or didn't like with my works as long as your response isn't along the lines of "You suck and should go crawl in a hole..." It's important to get that feedback to grow and develop as an author.

It's not even always about making a buck. It's about feeling like your artform is contributing to the community you are part of and that it's appreciated. Even if it's naughty smut, it's still a part of your creativeness exposed to the world asking for a certain level of validation.
palindrome64 is offline   Reply With Quote