free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - ChatGPT for creating transformation stories
View Single Post
Unread 03-31-2023   #11
dagk12
Lurker

Re: ChatGPT for creating transformation stories

Quote:
Originally Posted by LycanDope View Post
That's my approach as well. It does a decent job but, that's it. Until it's a true AI, there's very little imagination and no complexity or depth. A thousand miles wide but 2 inches deep.

And anyway, everyone's got their own unique style and approach and voice. Including the AI chat bot and those who guide it. Doesn't lessen other people's work.
I’d agree- lycandope you’re my favorite author out there and the AI is no where near your level of execution and quality; buuuuttt I think it’s a good thing for our community in that readers who aren’t the best or writers can now be assisted in coming up with very specific story’s we may want explored. It’s like food- I’ll never cook a high class meal in a restaurant (the high class meal being stories such as Lycandope’s), but the AI gives me access to a bunch of ingredients so it’s now much easier for me to cook the exact thing I’m craving. As a previous comment in this thread said, I can quickly smash out prompts and then modify it rather than having to completely go from scratch. Great for personal use, but not anything to truly threaten the true artists (yet). Even if it gets crazy good, it won’t diminish the way others write and come up with twists and turns and settings I may not think of that the AI would generate on its own
dagk12 is offline   Reply With Quote