The Process Forum - View Single Post - Missed TF opportunities in film
View Single Post
Unread 11-22-2008   #22
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

Re: Missed TF opportunities in film

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
But she wasn't shot through the eye, so any wolf that got up with a hole in it's head wasn't her. Those werewolves could survive anything except silver and it was presumed that fire could kill them as well. In human form it didn't appear that they still possessed that invulnerability to normal weapons. She died from that shot, there was no hint that she lived, and she certainly didn't TF under a table. Regardless of whether she survived a bullet to the brain while in human form and TF'd off screen later (which there is no indication of that happening) she still would have died when the house exploded. As those were apparently werewolves who could die from fire as well as silver, some myths say that silver, fire, or another werewolf are the only things that can kill werewolves, unless they are in human form then they die as easily as anyone else.
As I saw it, she was already partially into the transformation which gave her some invulnerability - but I'll check it out again tomorrow.

Just finished Hellboy 2 on DVD. Seeing the scene again reminded me of how I was hoping for a shot in the theaters - when the forest elemental is dying and the plants sprout up wherever his blood drips - how interesting it would have been to see that interact with human tissue. Either winding up with nymphs or people turning into trees or something.

Similarly would like to see a some live action film demonstrating something like the TPB "The Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot" (really need the animated series on DVD) by Frank Miller and Geoff Darrow where people turn into weird creatures when monstrous saliva drips on them - even partially transforming the Big Guy. I think there have been one or two short animation bits that have demonstrated something along those lines, but nothing in live action/cgi.
thrandrall is offline   Reply With Quote