free hit counters
The Process Forum - View Single Post - New site and art contest (no new pics yet actually)
View Single Post
Unread 06-27-2012   #165
ZeroForever
Frequent Poster

Re: New site and art contest (no new pics yet actually)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrandrall View Post
A lot more in the pipeline right now...but some larger ones...blackshirtboy, etc.

Now...another concept I've been considering for a while...may as well ask for some feedback here before posting it up on my site.

I've got a very large stack of stories accumulated on my computer(s) over the past 15 years or so. Not all of the sites I dug them up from are still live, and even the ones that are still around don't necessarily have author contact info.

If I wanted to commission artists to provide a series of illustrations for one or more of those stories - giving all credit to the original authors...would you expect that to be any sort of issue...all stories were posted at free sites (no pay/subscription ones)?

Thanks.
In general as long as you don't profit off of them, correctly label the creator (noting changes that their were done compared to the original), and respect take down requests you should be ok. This is assuming general creative commons rules are applied but I'm not a lawyer so don't take my advice as the rule as their are a ton of weird laws out their.

either way it sounds like a fun idea, so good luck if you go ahead with it.
ZeroForever is offline   Reply With Quote