The Process Forum - View Single Post - Female Werewolf needles in a haystack
View Single Post
Unread 04-17-2017   #719
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

Re: Female Werewolf needles in a haystack

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodacat View Post
I bit the bullet, and I can't believe they want to charge people $2 for this. This is an Episode 0, the kind of thing you give out for 25 cents on FCBD to remind people something new is coming out. I knew I shouldn't have expected decent storytelling from a comic series made to advertise a boardgame.

While I agree the comic was way too short, I disagree that it was bad. With my username, you can probably guess that I was one of the first people to snatch it up. I should warn everyone that there is no TF, since it spends a lot of time on exposition, as most first issues do. Still, I can already tell this is a better story than any of the terrible sequels, though that’s a very low bar to clear. This is considered an official follow-up to the first (and only good) “Howling,” and it picks up immediately after the events of the end of the film. Like myself, the writer’s favorite werewolf movie is “The Howling,” and he absolutely nails Marsha’s voice. A few sample lines: After someone asks her what her name is: “What is it with you humans and your labels?” And, my personal favorite, after the same person asks, “Are you sleeping with my husband?” she responds, “Not yet.” The subtitle of this comic is “Revenge of the Werewolf Queen,” so the story is going to be all about “Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!” (just the way I like it) This also makes sense from a story standpoint since she was presumably the only werewolf to survive the barn fire at the end of the original movie. The preview at the end of the comic teases TFs (of both male werewolves and Marsha herself), and whether those appear in the next issue or future installments, that remains to be seen.
howlingfan is offline   Reply With Quote