free hit counters
Venom by name, venom by nature? - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > And Everything Else...

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 07-02-2013   #1
Alchemical Night
Watcher

Question Venom by name, venom by nature?

Hi there,

Forgive me if the title is a little oblique, though it seemed apt for a subject that is a little obscure - even if bundled with a very popular franchise and characters.

To explain, many here on the forums are familiar with the legacy of the character Venom of Marvel's Spiderman fame: the symbiotic entity which combined with one Eddie Brock to form the vengeful, singular creature of infamy. So too, many are familiar with the question of transformation which is, and remains, innate to the process of symbiosis in this context of bonding with such a creature, or one very much like it ie. Carnage, Toxin and sundry others.

After musing on the subject, I came to a curiosity which I thought would be at home on the forum.

Though such entities are usually defined by their first host and their qualities, I have noticed certain generalities in various continuities. In this, I was wondering if, beyond a specific individual, the bonding and transformation process - for basic example with the Venom symbiote to "become" Venom - would induce and draw the darker aspects of a person; the most prominent of which would be amplified through the mingled nature of the specific symbiote.

Would this seem a fair postulation, or would there be more specific, exact elements that I have missed that others more familiar with Marvel's symbiotes would notice?

As always, any and all perspectives are welcomed, as they are .

Thanks again,

Alchemical Night.
Alchemical Night is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2013   #2
JBird
Casual Artist

Re: Venom by name, venom by nature?

I wanted to respond to this, earlier, but I lost track of the time while writing and had to leave for work.

Basically, everything that has been conceived about Marvel's alien parasites are derived from Venom, and later expanded upon. I like the concept of the alien, symbiotic suit. But, there has yet to be anyone to do more with it, other than make Venom and Carnage clones (literally and figuratively). The recent Venom host, Flash Thompson, is a step in the right direction for something new, but then it takes two steps back into being just Venom whenever he loses control.

And, I'll have to disagree with you, dtx. For when Spider-Man first had the symbiote, it took control of him while he slept, and continued to feed off the adrenaline.
JBird is offline   Reply With Quote