free hit counters
Rise From Your Grave! - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 01-11-2016   #1
Skalla-Grimm
Grrrrr

Rise From Your Grave!

New laptop, new(er) software, new-ish models for a new year. So here's a quick test-run:
Attached Images
File Type: png test 00.png (752.7 KB, 391 views)
File Type: png test 01.png (795.4 KB, 414 views)
File Type: png test 02.png (816.6 KB, 422 views)
File Type: png test 03.png (785.1 KB, 389 views)

Now on DeviantArt
Skalla-Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2016   #2
Cactus Jack
Fan of the Art of Process

Re: Rise From Your Grave!

Slick.
Unread 01-12-2016   #3
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Very nice!
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2016   #4
Obsidian
Process Master

Superb!
Obsidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2016   #5
Dog_Girl_Kari
Woof?

Thrrr Grawrt

Also check out my Discord Server where we have good fun discussion and also I post pics sometimes. :3
Dog_Girl_Kari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2016   #6
Ruefio

Love it!
Unread 01-12-2016   #7
The AP Ninja
Process Master

Thank you for reminding me I will not ever have a female version of Altered Beast's PS2 TFs...anyways, good job
The AP Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2016   #8
TailBoy
Tail Growin'

wow. looks great skalla!
TailBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2016   #9
Buzy
Process Fan

Pretty nice. There are certainly some improvements from your previous works
I like the notable difference in body build. Also, even if it's still mostly a clearly "texture fur" look, it also seems a bit more detailed than in the past and easier to make out feature on the character(that might be in part due to lighting though).
Buzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2016   #10
Skalla-Grimm
Grrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzy View Post
Pretty nice. There are certainly some improvements from your previous works
I like the notable difference in body build. Also, even if it's still mostly a clearly "texture fur" look, it also seems a bit more detailed than in the past and easier to make out feature on the character(that might be in part due to lighting though).
Well, with a better computer I can use the latest version of Daz Studio and hence there newer generation models. The werewolf ones having newer textures as well as actual digitigrade morphs. I may even get the hair and fur plug-in working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The AP Ninja View Post
Thank you for reminding me I will not ever have a female version of Altered Beast's PS2 TFs...anyways, good job
Unfortunately, the PS2 TFs squick me the hell out. Here's and original arcade-style one for ya though.

Now on DeviantArt
Unread 01-15-2016   #11
Skalla-Grimm
Grrrrr

Aaaand maybe I should've hit preview before posting that seeing as the upload keeps failing. The .gif is up at DevianArt for the curious.

Now on DeviantArt
Unread 01-15-2016   #12
Buzy
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skalla-Grimm View Post
Well, with a better computer I can use the latest version of Daz Studio and hence there newer generation models. The werewolf ones having newer textures as well as actual digitigrade morphs. I may even get the hair and fur plug-in working.

Unfortunately, the PS2 TFs squick me the hell out. Here's and original arcade-style one for ya though.
Really crossing my finger for the hair and fur plugging to work for it. It would be interesting to see fur effects mixed with some of your textures.

Could I recommend experimenting with mixing skin and fur textures with gradiant fade in/out for some areas?
For example, the fur texture look great in some areas, but in others the way it wraps around the model make it look weird so I believe it might be interesting to have the fur texture be less prominent there in favor of skin(whose "smooth" appearance might causes for less weirdness when wrapping around these shapes)?

Face is a notable one sometimes where the furred look just look a bit weird for me often so I'd be curious what you could achieve with just a bit of a modified skin texture there(perhaps with just slightly blackened nose or such while the face might be mainly skin perhaps just ringed with either or a mix of fur texture and fur effect from plugins if you can pull it off at some point).

Edit: I also have to add I have no experience of Daz, so I have no ideas of how it handle textures.
My only experiences are with PhotoShop and similar software, alongside -some- 3DS Max(back in 2009). So I'm mostly thinking in terms of the likes of layer masks.
Stuff like having perhaps some sort of regular(or modified to texture it slightly perhaps with pores/spot marks/blackened nose and maybe wrinkles to accent stuff like snarls and such to give a more feral looks) skin texture... then overlaid with a fur texture using a sort of "texture/material mask" to hide the fur in some areas where there could be more visible skin as a result for a blend of fur&skin that could try to accents a design's features and look.

Even on a RL wolf(though never to the point there is really much skin shown), there are areas where the fur is thinner than others(face, for one), so perhaps a werewolf mixing human and wolves features could just have skin showing through those "thinner" areas due to having thinner fur than a real wolf in the first place.

Last edited by Buzy; 01-15-2016 at 08:06 AM.
Buzy is offline   Reply With Quote