free hit counters
DIY Growth Engine (Saints Row IV) - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Growth

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 08-01-2014   #1
Blood007
Lurker

DIY Growth Engine (Saints Row IV)

You'll need several things:

An up to date copy of Saints Row IV
I got mine from Steam: Saints Row 3 & 4 and all of the DLC available. Can't beat the deal, don't bother pirating it because this game is super fun.

https://ninite.com/notepadplusplus/
Auto installer for the amazing Notepad++ (recommended)

https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/...l-cheats.3212/
Additional cheats mod for Saints Row 4
Adds several cheats and allows you to use them without impacting your game stats (recommended)

https://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/...s-row-iv.4651/
Sandbox++ for Saints Row IV

Next you can download the modified LUA file I attached and overwrite the original from Sandbox++.

E + [
Reads out variable levels, shows you your current height, height multiplier, and grow level.
E + ]
Grow, 5 levels with differing sizes and text (enable No HUD in Sandbox++ or the additional cheats mod to hide the text and readouts) and on finish starts over while increasing the growth!

I felt the original 25 set stepped height levels was not very fun for the process fans among us, but the way this is coded anyone can tweak the values to suit their tastes (slower growth, faster growth, starting large and shrinking) and feel free to edit my dialogue.
Attached Images
File Type: png 4.PNG (1.57 MB, 964 views)
File Type: png 6.PNG (1.58 MB, 976 views)
File Type: png 8.PNG (1.58 MB, 910 views)
File Type: png 10.PNG (1.58 MB, 968 views)
File Type: png 13.PNG (1.33 MB, 932 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt sr3_city.lua.txt (142.6 KB, 81 views)
Blood007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2014   #2
Jaran
Frequent Poster

Re: DIY Growth Engine (Saints Row IV)

Nice set of tweaks!

This is definitely a good starting point for people to be able to make their own stuff.
Jaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2014   #3
Phil_OOO
Leecher

Very nice code, I myself played with alot of numbers for modding saints row 4. I would like to know specifically if you found a way to alter the grow rate of the coding. At very high height, it very long to get to your final point.

Thank you
Phil_OOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2014   #4
75thparellel
guy

Im a huge fan of SR3 and SR4, I have the sandbox mod for SR4 and messed around a bit with the growth stuff. Im just not the best when it comes to computers lol. Im sure ill sound like an idiot, but how do you add or modify the file you have there. Im assuming it goes in a specific spot in the sandbox mod folder?
Unread 09-10-2015   #5
iceoff
Process Fan

I really do apologies for Necro'ing this thread but if any one want to have a go at this mod there a free weekend event on steam for the game if people wish to try it out...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg freesteam.jpg (527.5 KB, 190 views)
Unread 09-11-2015   #6
JBird
Casual Artist

I'm messing around with it at the moment, though I admit I am completely ignorant when it comes to all this code stuff.

How would one be able to alter the .lua file to experiment with the size changing?
JBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2015   #7
75thparellel
guy

I was in the same boat as JBird a while back when i messed around with it. Still not a bad mod considering all the outfits and options for character looks the game has
Unread 09-13-2015   #8
Riptorman
Leecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBird View Post
I'm messing around with it at the moment, though I admit I am completely ignorant when it comes to all this code stuff.

How would one be able to alter the .lua file to experiment with the size changing?
Open up the sr3_city.lua file with any Notepad editor (Notepad++ is great, but any text editor will work).

Look for the values "HEIGHT_MULT", "HEIGHT_CURRENT", and "GROW_LEVEL". That's how they're typed out in the file, so you can Ctrl+F for those if you want (without quotes).

Play around with those values. For example, setting the height multiplier to 100 and the others to 1 will start you off normal sized, then grow really big with one press. The game does it gradually, not "poof," so you can get some nice process off of that option. Whatever floats your boat.

I've been messing around with this for a while, and what I'd like to know, is if it's possible to unlock the camera. You can do this in Skyrim, and it lets you take some interesting pictures from all different angles. The default SRIV camera seems to be locked to third person, from behind your head.
Riptorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2015   #9
iceoff
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptorman View Post
Open up the sr3_city.lua file with any Notepad editor (Notepad++ is great, but any text editor will work).

Look for the values "HEIGHT_MULT", "HEIGHT_CURRENT", and "GROW_LEVEL". That's how they're typed out in the file, so you can Ctrl+F for those if you want (without quotes).

Play around with those values. For example, setting the height multiplier to 100 and the others to 1 will start you off normal sized, then grow really big with one press. The game does it gradually, not "poof," so you can get some nice process off of that option. Whatever floats your boat.

I've been messing around with this for a while, and what I'd like to know, is if it's possible to unlock the camera. You can do this in Skyrim, and it lets you take some interesting pictures from all different angles. The default SRIV camera seems to be locked to third person, from behind your head.

i think this is, what you might be after -:

R + HOME - Toggle Slew mode (free camera)
Unread 09-14-2015   #10
Riptorman
Leecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceoff View Post
i think this is, what you might be after -:

R + HOME - Toggle Slew mode (free camera)
Thanks! At first I felt so dumb for not noticing it in a mod I've already downloaded, until I realized that the feature was only added recently.

After updating the mod, I also discovered that my previous post is incorrect, as those variables no longer exist. After playing around with it some more, I have the new tweaking instructions from the latest version as of now:

Search the sr3_city.lua file with any text editor for "HEIGHT_UP_COUNTER" (without quotes). Leave the value as 1, this is just the way he steps from one size to the next. Keep searching in the file until you find some text that looks like "if HEIGHT_UP_COUNTER == 1, then player_change_default_size(LOCAL_PLAYER, 1.1, false)". That "1.1" value is the value of each step. Right now, he's got it at 20 steps of 0.1x increase each (1.1, 1.2, 1.3, etc). You'll find each step on the lines below that one (much easier to view if you use Notepad++!).

You can change each step to be 2, 4, 6, 8, etc, or just make the first one 200 and skip having to press the button more than once, or, whatever you feel like. Changing the text inside the quotes of each step's sandboxplus_message(" Increase Player Size 1.1") will allow you to change the text that pops up to whatever you want, similar to how the OP of this thread did.

Hope that makes sense.
Riptorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2015   #11
tsokei
Process Fanatic

Very cool stuff, thanks for posting.
tsokei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2015   #12
Phil_OOO
Leecher

Thanks, but do you know how to change the speed of growth. It is pretty long to wait when you set the size to 200...

Phil_OOO is offline   Reply With Quote