free hit counters
Something I think about sometimes. - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 09-20-2022   #1
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Something I think about sometimes.

https://www.deviantart.com/mermanmat...MAID-846280601

Nobody ever talks about how the transformation in this scene destroyed Madison's panties. They're just clinging to her tail as this great realistic detail that of course would have had to happen to a mermaid transforming while still wearing clothes. Even Disney when they censored the brief nudity later just left the obliterated underwear.

Those destroyed soaked panties have been there for almost 20 years and people just never talk about it.

Like, the tf itself happens off screen, but what did the crowd see as she changed? Did the transformation itself do all the work there and burst her underwear apart? Or did she try to remove them herself in a rush as she realized her legs were starting to merge?

Someone on set decided she'd have torn panties after she transformed. Who was this genius?
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2022   #2
Jimbo
Selfish lurker TF artist

Re: Something I think about sometimes.

I'm assuming the panties got cut in half as her legs merged, her tail is bit fatter than her legs like how in splash too she splits the back of her skirt in the bistro. *holds wine list over the split*
Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2022   #3
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
I'm assuming the panties got cut in half as her legs merged, her tail is bit fatter than her legs like how in splash too she splits the back of her skirt in the bistro. *holds wine list over the split*
I remember that scene too.

I was just wondering why nobody ever mentions that detail of the movie, and that it survived the edits Disney made later too. Like yeah this lady transformed into a mermaid in front of a crowd and her panties burst apart during the off screen process and they decided that the detail of the shredded underwear was important enough to include in the scene originally, and no one at Disney saw that or thought anything of it.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2022   #4
gwsfox
Process Fan

My guess would be either it was seen as harmless or no one in the editing department cared to notice. Honestly, I need to track those movies down. I've seen Splash yeeeaaarrrs ago on TV and only seen bits and pieces of Splash 2.
gwsfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2022   #5
Jimbo
Selfish lurker TF artist

yeah the practical effects of what we got to see were very good.

Unread 09-21-2022   #6
jwyattguy
Hey Kool Aid!

Little details like that are why I love Splash. It also helps that Daryl Hannah was gorgeous, and you get several (mostly unintentional) good looks at her assets throughout the movie, especially the underwater scenes.

You are a very solid person, always sure, always secure, stubborn, determined, and very loyal... You are a very strong minded person and stick to your word... people like and trust you..
jwyattguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2022   #7
Psychoman
Lurker

It was the 80's, people were a bit more uh, not to sound like some "anti-woke, SJW hatin' guy", but, people then were a little more not offended by seeing panties in a family movie.
Psychoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2022   #8
jimi20
Frequent Poster

Man, I love that this is keeping you up at night also it's really good to see you still around
jimi20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2022   #9
Jimbo
Selfish lurker TF artist

I done a whole 100 panel Mermaid transformation comic, but she turns into full 80% to 20% fish rather than half woman half fish, the shredded panties can be seen as the skirt bursts open. but I have no plans to upload the completed thing to any sites.

Here's a sample. *goes back to drawing other shit* (deleted most of my account around the net)