free hit counters
New TG Comic Book / Graphic Novel - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 07-29-2013   #1
Joe Six-Pack
Lurkeecher

New TG Comic Book / Graphic Novel

Hi folks. Joe from Sick Puppy Press here. I normally don't trouble the forum with my new book announcements, but we've just published our newest thing, a mammoth 101-page graphic novel. Over 280 panels of hand-drawn, full-color art. Fraylim did the pencils and wrote the story, KK scripted it and I did the ink & color.

This is the first of it's kind, a slow-transform TG story as a graphic novel. If you like classic Sandy Thomas and "they forced me into being a girl" type of stories, this is right up your alley. Read more about it at sixpacksite.com. Download the free 32-page preview to check it out.

If you'd like to buy it, use code JULYBOOKS13 at the lulu.com checkout for a 20% discount. Good until July 31st.
Attached Images
File Type: png Boys Will Be Girls Cover.png (402.8 KB, 642 views)
File Type: png BWBG Sample 1.png (330.0 KB, 907 views)
File Type: png BWBG Sample 2.png (348.6 KB, 937 views)
Joe Six-Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013   #2
Quarma
Sonamy, mon ami!

Re: New TG Comic Book / Graphic Novel

Hell, I bought it. It seemed like it has good potential, though personally I don't like how it starts with Darcy already being a girl then flashbacks to the start.

quarma.deviantart.com
Quarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013   #3
Joe Six-Pack
Lurkeecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarma View Post
Hell, I bought it. It seemed like it has good potential, though personally I don't like how it starts with Darcy already being a girl then flashbacks to the start.
Thanks, Quarma. And thanks for the feedback. I hope you liked the rest of it.
Unread 07-29-2013   #4
Quarma
Sonamy, mon ami!

Yeah, I read it and it's pretty good, even though I'm not a fan of the intro.

quarma.deviantart.com
Quarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2013   #5
Goldendawn
3D Comic Beginner

I liked the art, but to be honest I felt a little cheated out of a good amount of money when it felt to me like a lot of flash back scenes all put together. I didn't feel the story really was a story. It would have been better in my opinion for it to be told without the flashback, and you where then left more with a wonder of what was going to happen, and it felt more like a story.

I do feel that it brushed over a lot of content, too much to be honest, and maybe it was trying very hard to do a large long transformation but the thing is I felt very much like "Um, you would have thought SOMETHING would have happened."

I loved the mental aspect of the story - and the overall feel of it - I just feel the story was ... weakened because of that flashback nature.

But overall a good read - a bit expensive... I don't see how people on a tight budget can afford, which could impact on sales (will be interesting to see if it does or not).

It is nice to see more full TG coming into the site again - missed it - since I am not into the forced fem/crossdressing stories that are being done.
Unread 07-30-2013   #6
Joe Six-Pack
Lurkeecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldendawn View Post
I liked the art, but to be honest I felt a little cheated out of a good amount of money when it felt to me like a lot of flash back scenes all put together. I didn't feel the story really was a story. It would have been better in my opinion for it to be told without the flashback, and you where then left more with a wonder of what was going to happen, and it felt more like a story.

I do feel that it brushed over a lot of content, too much to be honest, and maybe it was trying very hard to do a large long transformation but the thing is I felt very much like "Um, you would have thought SOMETHING would have happened."
I understand where you're coming from. Any story is a series of scenes strung together in a narrative. In text, you can spend time in between major scenes building the story, but in a comic, you have to rush things a little. There's just a limit to how many pages you can physically produce in a given amount if time. So, at 101 pages, I think we did as much story-building as we could. The good part of a TG story is always watching the characters cope with transformation, and that's what we focused on. I'm pleased that you enjoyed it overall, though.
Unread 07-30-2013   #7
impaction1967
Process Fan

I really liked the comic you did where the teen boy becomes a little girl and his girl friend the mom. Think you'll ever do something like that again?
impaction1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2013   #8
Joe Six-Pack
Lurkeecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by impaction1967 View Post
I really liked the comic you did where the teen boy becomes a little girl and his girl friend the mom. Think you'll ever do something like that again?
I'd like to, but that comic didn't do too well. I do like to put that kind of "beyond tg" character change in the books, though.