free hit counters
Anyone there? Also random blurb about a spoiled website - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > The Process General > General Discussion

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 3 Days Ago   #1
yahoot007
Lurker

Red face Anyone there? Also random blurb about a spoiled website

Hi, just an old lurker popping in here to wave my "not dead" flag.

It's been a good span of time since I visited this site, and was wondering about the state of things here. As I've been on other socials for quite a few years and have seen how much they've gotten worse, I think back to this place as almost a fallback spot every now and then. Regarding recent news though, I think I have lurked my last lurk on the bird site. Never have I cared for the move on the internet towards curated feeds by algo, ones that only deliver suggestions based on what info you have already given it, what accounts you follow, etc. I still prefer person-to-person sharing of interests and the essential word of mouth connection in whichever shape that takes, be it a personal bio of favorite creators, thoughtful threads towards showcasing creations, and that wonderful invite for lurker types - single profile threads for liked posts.

In the last 2 days I am mulling over the recent news about the blue bird site and what to do next. I have observed and followed many I would call my favorite creators, not just the ones who they themselves make great process pieces, but that also have incredible likes lists that are uncluttered and feel fresh to go through. I can't get the same experience by following all the people they did; that sort of feed would be gargantuan and more info to ignore than I have time for. From my perspective it is a very effective filter for my own means of discovering art from similarly-minded individuals. With the news of said lists going private across the entire website, a great deal of access has been lost for the casual observer. It's gotten me so shaken up that my normally silent self is getting way too wordy.

For me, now that Titter has gone sour, I want to engage in another site, and I'm curious if this would be the spot to go for this particular niche if it still is. For many years I've been squeamish about sharing my own art, which has only gotten worse over the years. With dataset scrapers on the rise I can't think of a single website that even remotely feels safe to post images on. I was contemplating sharing some simple first-pass sketches here, but I am unsure if even that would be the good idea. I want my art to be seen by people first, not bots and thieving reposters.

For those that survived my rambling on, I am curious about your takes on this matter. Hopefully my disdain for the effect that Twitter's new changes have had on this art community was clear enough.
yahoot007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
returning user, social media