free hit counters
Girl in my dream - Page 11 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 04-07-2009   #121
Vengeance1701
Modest Moderator

Re: Girl in my dream

Judging by the comments here.... and I'm not trying to come off as smug but honestly, what's the appeal here of this story?

I'm not seeing it.
Unread 04-07-2009   #122
buck39
Shut the Buck up

it's a nice change from *boom you're a girl* "le gasp!"
it's showing a transition and how the characters are adjusting to it.

well that's what appeals to me about the story at least.
Unread 04-07-2009   #123
Xodiac
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance1701 View Post
Judging by the comments here.... and I'm not trying to come off as smug but honestly, what's the appeal here of this story?

I'm not seeing it.
The main character is adjusting pretty realistically, given the situation. It's the people around him, who don't seem to notice these major changes that are occurring over only a few days, in-comic, that have people here rolling their eyes. For which I can't much blame them.

The appeal, though, is that this is a very slow and drawn-out transformation. Even the longest sequences usually are only a dozen pictures or so. It is up to PART 26, now, and it'll go about that much more until it's complete. The first, oh, 5 parts didn't really have any transformation - they were setting up the situation, mostly - and it's a fair bet that it'll end (if not necessarily COMPLETE) earlier than the last part. But even if a full 1/2 the manga doesn't have any actual process and further change, that's still over 20 parts that will. That's an awful lot more than people usually get.

And, like I said, the main character's reactions are pretty good, even if his friends', family's, and doctor's are not.
Xodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2009   #124
Magical_TG
TG Author

I know why he bled now.

I remember reading a story about a man who fell in love with a nymph. At the time he was already engaged to another woman, but the nymph was hellbent on driving the two apart. The man, under the influence of the her powers, had attacked his soon to be father-in-law in an attempt to meet with the nymph once more. When he did find her, he confronted her in much the same way Ji-Hoon did. As you can imagine it didn't go well, because for every blow he made against the nymph, he was actually hurting himself.

I believe Ji-Hoon was attacking himself in his dream. He is Yuna now. He was strangling himself.
Magical_TG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2009   #125
jaimehlers
English 真城の城 Webmaster

That's an interesting theory. Except that people don't usually start coughing up blood just by being choked (that usually means damage to the internal organs). I also don't think he's turning into Yuna, at least not directly. I think Yuna might be trying to possess him, though, which is the reason behind the changes.
jaimehlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2009   #126
Ficfactor
Samus Fanboy

Yuna's utter lack of reaction to Ji's demands was creepy as hell. The story's definitely taken a dark turn, which is quite apropos (we lot might be into this, but to many, this is pure body horror) considering the nature of the plot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsohori View Post
Eh, the doctor probably is a quack, but then again the kid is defying medical logic beyond all comprehension. Personally is it not possible the doctor is in on this plot?
Yep, I'm beginning to have my own suspicions about the doctor. He's either utterly incompetent and out of his depth, or he's in some way involved.
Ficfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2009   #127
Dagomir
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimehlers View Post
That's an interesting theory. Except that people don't usually start coughing up blood just by being choked (that usually means damage to the internal organs). I also don't think he's turning into Yuna, at least not directly. I think Yuna might be trying to possess him, though, which is the reason behind the changes.
I had the opinion that he was basically getting mirror damage done to him as well though. From what I saw in the comic, he was choking her pretty tightly. Do that hard enough and compress somebody's throat, and I'm pretty sure you could get them coughing up blood. All my opinion however, that's just what I got out of it.
Dagomir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2009   #128
Catsohori
Process Fan

His nose bleeding could perhaps relate to someting in his head. I'm not sure but thiseems like weird. I really don't want to see one of those cliche OMG I'm a girl I love guys now thing. I think the best example of an actual mental TG I saw last was in Morpheus' twisted universe. The first one had the girl ending up bi. To me that was a bit less of a I don't know, eh.
Catsohori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2009   #129
Icanseestuffandstuff
Slave to the Process Forum

When the story progresses, pay attention to Ji-Hoon and Yuna's eyes.
Icanseestuffandstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2009   #130
Raijin
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsohori View Post
His nose bleeding could perhaps relate to someting in his head. I'm not sure but thiseems like weird. I really don't want to see one of those cliche OMG I'm a girl I love guys now thing. I think the best example of an actual mental TG I saw last was in Morpheus' twisted universe. The first one had the girl ending up bi. To me that was a bit less of a I don't know, eh.
Actual mental TG? when was the last time you actually saw someone get TG in rl?

Also I agree with people above I think he/she was really choking his-self. Tho the whole situation was a bit harsh, I sure hope this doesn't turn into some form of horror comic. xD~
Raijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2009   #131
mario_0345
Process Fan

Personally I gotta say that him coughing up blood was probably do to him strangling yuna. They seem to have a connection similar to that of the exile and Kreia from Kotor 2, where if one of them was seriously hurt the other would feel it and the pain as well. Still that doesn't bode well for Ji-Hoon.

Also on a side not Magical TG, what was the name of that story with the man and the Nymph? What you said has gotten my curiosity piqued.
mario_0345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2009   #132
Lord T Hawkeye
It's play time!

Finally got around to reading up on all this and I have to say, color me impressed. The story is interesting and the characters act like real human beings which makes it way easier to empathize with them. I look forward to seeing more. ^^

Hey Dollyteers! Dolly's got herself a comic now! Go check it out!
Lord T Hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote