free hit counters
Bitten: The Series - Page 11 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 02-12-2014   #121
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Re: Bitten: The Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantomaster1111 View Post
There's a clear ass shot right after her revert. They don't have to show her butt from behind to show even a brief tail growth. I don't think "having an image to keep" is relevant, given all that we've seen already.
Nope, maybe I didn't express myself clear enough: there is no problem as long as she is not "transforming". You will see her bare butt more times, but never in a middle of a transformation, I assure you. That is the difference.
Anahki is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2014   #122
Kantomaster1111
Frequent Poster

Right, because you're on the production team. I forgot.
Kantomaster1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2014   #123
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

He's not wrong though. They will never show that, they barely show her ass at all, less in the U.S version than the Canadian airing. There is absolutely zero chance they'd show her bare ass transforming, growing a tail or otherwise. It's never been done on screen by anyone it's absurd to expect this show will be the first ever to show that aspect of a werewolf's anatomy during the transformation. I highly doubt they will even acknowledge that the tail growth takes place at all, they haven't shown even a hint of it yet even though they've had the chance several times.

As far as this show is concerned we've probably already seen the peak of it's TF goodness. It will likely be involve less and less onscreen transformations as the show progresses. After all they've already shown how it looks a few times, they can probably expect us to use our imaginations for the remainder of the series.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2014   #124
Thrillerboy
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
As far as this show is concerned we've probably already seen the peak of it's TF goodness. It will likely be involve less and less onscreen transformations as the show progresses. After all they've already shown how it looks a few times, they can probably expect us to use our imaginations for the remainder of the series.
We have a winner, ladies and gentleman. Look no further than the progression of Being Human if you still have your doubts.
Thrillerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2014   #125
TF-Viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillerboy View Post
We have a winner, ladies and gentleman. Look no further than the progression of Being Human if you still have your doubts.
For the record, I'd like to be very wrong about that.
Unread 02-12-2014   #126
WuschelWolf
Leech0r

I feel like I'm the only one who really liked the TF. I mean sure, almost everything was already seen in the first teasers. I know I'm not the only one, but it feels like because of all the "meh" posts here.
WuschelWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2014   #127
nomnomnom13
Lurker

Frankly I think the back transformation in a sequence is the most important, so for me this has been one of the best werewolf related things I have ever seen.
nomnomnom13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2014   #128
Chiaroscuros
Process Fan

It's a shame that they chose to zoom in on parts of the TF and/or truncate where it makes no visual sense (seemingly other than for content 'modesty' and actor 'vanity').

I agree with the critical comments about the buildup to the 'first change'. If this is supposedly a process that is agonizing to the point where it kills all "non-unique-snowflake" women, they kneecap the audience effect when they cut away to save us the discomfort of seeing it actually happen. "Tell, don't show" works fine in a book - it's all text converted to images in your imagination anyway. Not so much, in visual media like television.

-C

Watching for whatever bones they throw our way at this point - someone could probably come up with a good compilation/edit of the combined TFs once the episodes are complete - that might be more effective that what the creators are giving us in pieces!
Chiaroscuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2014   #129
TF-Viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaroscuros View Post

I agree with the critical comments about the buildup to the 'first change'. If this is supposedly a process that is agonizing to the point where it kills all "non-unique-snowflake" women,
Nah, that's not it, the transformations aren't what kills most of the infected females. It's a combination of three things that's kept the female werewolf population down in the book series at least.

1. The lycanthrope gene is only passed from father to son, so no natural born female werewolves.
2. Most women don't survive being attacked by a werewolf in the first place according to the books. So they never even undergo the first transformation since their throats were torn out or some other immediately fatal injury was inflicted during the encounter.
3. The first transformation is supposed to be very rough and sometimes uneven, like a person's throat could change before the rest of their body and they choke to death. Apparently that's more common in females than males.

In the TV series it seems they really downplayed how rough that first change was supposed to be for her, she didn't seem to suffer much at all, while in the book she nearly died.

In the books it's also possible for a werewolf to get stuck between forms, if that happens they are simply doomed to constant agony until someone comes along and kills them. Though I doubt the series will get as far as showing us that.
Unread 02-12-2014   #130
Kantomaster1111
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
For the record, I'd like to be very wrong about that.
There's actually someone I can contact regarding this. The person in question may not actually give me an answer, but I can try. Hence why I'm still skeptical. This is Canadian film... it's more different up here than you guys realize. It definitely won't be shown in the states if there is a tail growth, but I wouldn't completely rule it out. They might avoid doing it because if it can only be shown in Canada, it's not exactly money well-spent. But simply because it's her bare ass is not reason enough to rule it out. Budget I'd understand, but at this rate, not censorship. Tail growth isn't of a sexual nature (not on Bitten, it isn't, anyway).
Kantomaster1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2014   #131
TF-Viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantomaster1111 View Post
There's actually someone I can contact regarding this. The person in question may not actually give me an answer, but I can try. Hence why I'm still skeptical. This is Canadian film... it's more different up here than you guys realize. It definitely won't be shown in the states if there is a tail growth, but I wouldn't completely rule it out. They might avoid doing it because if it can only be shown in Canada, it's not exactly money well-spent. But simply because it's her bare ass is not reason enough to rule it out. Budget I'd understand, but at this rate, not censorship. Tail growth isn't of a sexual nature (not on Bitten, it isn't, anyway).
Another reason I wouldn't expect to see it is that in the books the details of her growing a tail is never written down. The TFs aren't exactly described in any rich detail in the original so I doubt the TV writers feel any obligation to include those details in their scenes either. There really is no reason to expect to see that on TV.
Unread 02-13-2014   #132
Altair
CatGirl in Process

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuschelWolf View Post
I feel like I'm the only one who really liked the TF. I mean sure, almost everything was already seen in the first teasers. I know I'm not the only one, but it feels like because of all the "meh" posts here.
You're not, Wuschel, you're definitely not! I just stopped trying to fight the "meh's" since I feel like people can never get happy. They don't realise we might as well have gotten nothing at all, or another another another male TF or "bearded-human" type of werewolf.
This TF was awesome. ^^

Tags
female werewolf, series