free hit counters
Bitten: The Series - Page 13 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 02-23-2014   #145
thatnightwolf
Frequent Poster

Re: Bitten: The Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaroscuros View Post
Two episodes in a row with no TF content. Humm...

-C
Did the finger/nail growth not count as TF content?

SPOILER:

I'm interested in seeing if Kane's girlfriend actually gets made into a wolf herself by the end of this season. That could be a promising development.
thatnightwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014   #146
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatnightwolf View Post
Did the finger/nail growth not count as TF content?

SPOILER:

I'm interested in seeing if Kane's girlfriend actually gets made into a wolf herself by the end of this season. That could be a promising development.
For me, a fingernail does not count. Moreover, there is something with the partial hand TF that does not fit with how and why the werewolves transform in Kelley Armstrong's mythology.

About the spoiler, if they follow the book no, there is not going to be a female werewolf until book two. If you have seen the trailer (sure you did), her image there could be misleading, as other they did just for promotional purposes... and also it doesn't mean anything, in fact .
Note: Some people out there are saying that in case they'll make a second season, the producers probably would jump to Frostbitten book, leaving us without the female werewolf in Stolen (the second book). The reason is that they want to keep the show "clear" of other supernatural entities (which is good, except for the no-other-female-TF thing).

Well, I will still have a look at the next episodes. Yeah, I haven't lost all faith in the show .
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014   #147
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

By the way, I think I owe you this:

http://pdfspider.com/go/5434078

It is the graphic novel about how Elena was turned into werewolf. The graphic novel is supposed to be canonical, and not an effort from a fan or something like that. So, after reading it, you should imangine how could it have been in a "HBO style"... Moreover, contrary of what happened in the episode 5, it gives off a clear idea of why Elena clearly decided to go back to the pack.
About the comic itself, it is quite short, so you can read it in 5 minutes .
Unread 02-23-2014   #148
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anahki View Post
For me, a fingernail does not count. Moreover, there is something with the partial hand TF that does not fit with how and why the werewolves transform in Kelley Armstrong's mythology.
I recall there were partial TFs like that in her books though. At least two to my recollection. One in which their alpha was able to transform his hands to be human while the rest of him was still wolf, and one where she grew claws to slice a guy's wrist. So if that was either of those you're talking about it still fit perfectly with the book.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014   #149
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
I recall there were partial TFs like that in her books though. At least two to my recollection. One in which their alpha was able to transform his hands to be human while the rest of him was still wolf, and one where she grew claws to slice a guy's wrist. So if that was either of those you're talking about it still fit perfectly with the book.
Well, I didn't explain myself well. What I'm trying to say is that there is something wrong with K. Armstrong's mythology. Well, she can imagine her werewolves in the way she wants, but for me there is no coherence between the necessity of full transformations (and the need to have them), and the "control" necessary to transform just a body part just whenever you need. Something like chaos vs control that doesn't fit very well. But it works when she needs that their werewolves had some extra super powers :P.
Unread 02-23-2014   #150
TF-Viewer

Quote:
Well, I didn't explain myself well. What I'm trying to say is that there is something wrong with K. Armstrong's mythology. Well, she can imagine her werewolves in the way she wants, but for me there is no coherence between the necessity of full transformations (and the need to have them), and the "control" necessary to transform just a body part just whenever you need. Something like chaos vs control that doesn't fit very well. But it works when she needs that their werewolves had some extra super powers :P.
Well it was something that was supposed to be very difficult for them to do anyway.
Unread 02-23-2014   #151
Kantomaster1111
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Well it was something that was supposed to be very difficult for them to do anyway.
That women are supposed to die during the transformation was not portrayed effectively during Elena's struggle through her first transformation. Detail in the transformation or not, it seemed easier for her to overcome than they built it up to be. Book aside, the TV show is not doing much setup that leads to anything. The only thing was that women cannot survive the change, and she spent about a minute huffing and puffing through something that should have killed her. Unless they come back to why it was so easy for her, the budget, time limits, and writing (specifically) for the episode should have considered this for a better payoff. Even if we didn't see anymore transformation detail.
Kantomaster1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014   #152
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantomaster1111 View Post
That women are supposed to die during the transformation was not portrayed effectively during Elena's struggle through her first transformation. Detail in the transformation or not, it seemed easier for her to overcome than they built it up to be. Book aside, the TV show is not doing much setup that leads to anything. The only thing was that women cannot survive the change, and she spent about a minute huffing and puffing through something that should have killed her. Unless they come back to why it was so easy for her, the budget, time limits, and writing (specifically) for the episode should have considered this for a better payoff. Even if we didn't see anymore transformation detail.
Really, have a look at the graphic novel... it is exactly as how I imagined it from the book. And once more, for a medium-budget series a bit more detail could have been affordable IMHO.
Unread 02-23-2014   #153
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Exactly, I'm trying to imagine them concentrating the change in a single part of their bodies, and then making it stop. No way, really.
Unread 02-23-2014   #154
TF-Viewer

Quote:
Exactly, I'm trying to imagine them concentrating the change in a single part of their bodies, and then making it stop. No way, really.
Well the same logic can be applied to the entire transformation process, it is impossible after all. So try not to think about it too much.
Unread 02-24-2014   #155
Chiaroscuros
Process Fan

Non-process thought :

Anyone else find it odd that Bitten TV's werewolves don't seem to use their superior senses as frequently as you'd expect them to?

There have been several scenes where they would have smelled someone before they saw them, and there's no dramatic reason for them to not have been able to do so, other than that the writers are lazy. If these people have superior senses, they shouldn't have them 'switched off' other than when the plot calls for it.

I'm thinking more and more of this as an inferior spin on the werewolf mythos a la Twilight's take on vampires.

Best,

-C
Chiaroscuros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014   #156
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaroscuros View Post
Non-process thought :

Anyone else find it odd that Bitten TV's werewolves don't seem to use their superior senses as frequently as you'd expect them to?

There have been several scenes where they would have smelled someone before they saw them, and there's no dramatic reason for them to not have been able to do so, other than that the writers are lazy. If these people have superior senses, they shouldn't have them 'switched off' other than when the plot calls for it.

I'm thinking more and more of this as an inferior spin on the werewolf mythos a la Twilight's take on vampires.

Best,

-C
Yes, that is a very typical resource for writers (books and scripts too) as some kind of deus ex machina that appears to save the day in a complicated situation. Suddenly they find out that they can grow claws, hear and smell kilometers long, jump dozens of meters, etc. If they did it all the time, instead of Bitten or Being Human we had Skinwalkers or the upcoming "Wolves". From that point of view, maybe I prefer the forgetful werewolves instead of the "furry superheroes".

Tags
female werewolf, series