free hit counters
mind control, bimbo transformation - Page 181 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > And Everything Else...

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 02-15-2014   #2161
checker
Leecher

Re: mind control, bimbo transformation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamoob View Post
I know the feeling. I'm finding myself spending a lot of time re-rendering because I was unsatisfied with the expression. The problem with those laugh lines is the smiling morphs for the V4 model in Poser, specifically the 'Happy' & 'MouthSmile-Frown' morphs which create those harsh lines. These modify the cheeks naturally in addition to the mouth. I generally only use those particular morphs at minimal numbers to add a bit more subtly to my expressions - the bulk of the morphs are done by combining basic morphs with the visemes.
Not a Poser-man, myself, but I used DFormers a couple times to fix silly things like that. I think magnets are a similar thing in Poser. I'm sure there's a better way to get around it, but I'm one of those guys who will keep applying band-aids rather than starting from scratch.
checker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014   #2162
babblingfaces
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamoob View Post
I know the feeling. I'm finding myself spending a lot of time re-rendering because I was unsatisfied with the expression. The problem with those laugh lines is the smiling morphs for the V4 model in Poser, specifically the 'Happy' & 'MouthSmile-Frown' morphs which create those harsh lines. These modify the cheeks naturally in addition to the mouth. I generally only use those particular morphs at minimal numbers to add a bit more subtly to my expressions - the bulk of the morphs are done by combining basic morphs with the visemes.
True, and I often work in that same fashion as well. Regarding the automatic cheek flexing in both morphs you mentioned above, I'm sure you already know and have tried this, but you can use the "CheekFlex" morph to soften these flexes greatly, though to do so you'll have to edit the morph's minimum value in settings: usually the morph has its minimum locked to "0", but you can always lower that to "-1" and play with it as a means to soften the creases left by the other morphs. I'm putting a quick test I just did regarding this, with the character's "Happy" morph taken to 1.

By the way, I had a question: This is the first time I'm doing a comic and I was wondering, what software can you guys recommend to make it? For the most part I'll be working on single panels, so I'm only looking for speech bubbles, onomatopoeias and the likes. Would Paint suffice, or is there another free software that might give me more useful options here? Also, can anyone think of a good bimbo name that might sound or share something in common with "Leona"?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg happy1flex.jpg (300.4 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg happy1noflex.jpg (300.1 KB, 191 views)

Last edited by babblingfaces; 02-15-2014 at 12:38 PM.
babblingfaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2014   #2163
Dynamoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by checker View Post
Not a Poser-man, myself, but I used DFormers a couple times to fix silly things like that. I think magnets are a similar thing in Poser. I'm sure there's a better way to get around it, but I'm one of those guys who will keep applying band-aids rather than starting from scratch.
I too use DFormers to tweak and adjust little things. They're great for fixing the 'second skin' look that can happen with clothing.
Unread 02-15-2014   #2164
wobbuvahi
what is this

Quote:
Originally Posted by babblingfaces View Post
True, and I often work in that same fashion as well. Regarding the automatic cheek flexing in both morphs you mentioned above, I'm sure you already know and have tried this, but you can use the "CheekFlex" morph to soften these flexes greatly, though to do so you'll have to edit the morph's minimum value in settings: usually the morph has its minimum locked to "0", but you can always lower that to "-1" and play with it as a means to soften the creases left by the other morphs. I'm putting a quick test I just did regarding this, with the character's "Happy" morph taken to 1.

By the way, I had a question: This is the first time I'm doing a comic and I was wondering, what software can you guys recommend to make it? For the most part I'll be working on single panels, so I'm only looking for speech bubbles, onomatopoeias and the likes. Would Paint suffice, or is there another free software that might give me more useful options here? Also, can anyone think of a good bimbo name that might sound or share something in common with "Leona"?
Generally it's a good idea to use something other than Paint. Paint.NET has a good set of basic functions beyond what Paint can do (like layers, so you can put the speech bubbles on a new layer). GIMP offers more functions but is less user-friendly and if you're just looking for simple software, it's probably easier to go with Paint.NET. (Or there's also Pixlr, which is a web application that works similar to Paint.NET or a scaled-down Photoshop.)
Unread 02-15-2014   #2165
Shadowsbane99
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Also, can anyone think of a good bimbo name that might sound or share something in common with "Leona"?
Lee-Lee.
Shadowsbane99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2014   #2166
Ekud
Process Fan

Quote:
Also, can anyone think of a good bimbo name that might sound or share something in common with "Leona"?
Leni?

Also, I just finished another bimbofication sequence everyone! I'm really proud of this one. You can get the whole thing right now for $3.99: https://gumroad.com/l/riiing_by_sortimid

Finally, I don't think anyone posted it here, I drew this before and after image a while ago:
Unread 02-16-2014   #2167
olddude12
I don't understand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekud View Post
Leni?
All I think of here is "Lenny" short for "Leonard".

Quote:
Also, I just finished another bimbofication sequence everyone! I'm really proud of this one. You can get the whole thing right now for $3.99: https://gumroad.com/l/riiing_by_sortimid

If any of you are wondering, it's excellent.
olddude12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2014   #2168
phoenyxx
Frequent Poster

<gingerly walks into the room>

<nods to Dynamoob>

Ummm, I asked where all the bimbos are downstairs and they said to come here...
phoenyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2014   #2169
babblingfaces
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Leni?
That's quite nice. In the end, though, I think I decided on the name I'm going to give her. It's a pretty obvious etymological joke, but actually fits the character's transformation quite nicely. Thanks for the suggestions though, guys!

By the way, I love your art.
babblingfaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2014   #2170
Dynamoob

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenyxx View Post
<gingerly walks into the room>

<nods to Dynamoob>

Ummm, I asked where all the bimbos are downstairs and they said to come here...
Well, you've come to the right place.
Unread 02-16-2014   #2171
mook
Process Fan

A cute sequence.
Who doesn't like a bimbo maid transformation?
http://katiedazzle.deviantart.com/art/Poof-434591960
mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2014   #2172
Muhznit
The Magical Mammary Man

Quote:
Hm. It's pretty short already, having just enough letters that a bimbo can count them with only one hand. It's tough to bimbofy it further, seeing that it's already a girlification of "Leo".

"Lea" (LEE-YAH) reduces the syllable count and letter count while preserving the order of the letters.
"Lena" does so similarly, and seems to be more common.

I had started programming a "name bimbofier" a while back, but the fact that accurate results would require a Soundex implementation (kinda easy), and some Markov Chains (not easy at all), I kinda lost interest:
http://jsfiddle.net/7tcs3/3/embedded/result/

I love 'em.
Muhznit is offline   Reply With Quote