free hit counters
Mikhail - Page 2 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > And Everything Else...

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 03-21-2010   #13
CyberFox
Frequent Poster

Re: Mikhail

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
This, and so many other valid points here that lead me to agree that this thread had no business being made, least of all in the general transformation section. Mikhail didn't want his work being redistributed, and if you respected the artist at all you'd respect his wishes.
The artist's wishes suck
We miss his work, We don't want them fade into obscurity
DEAL WITH IT!
Unread 03-21-2010   #14
Seadog Driftwood
Would-be Bard

This brings up the whole issue of "If an artist publishes their work (or in this case, puts it on an online gallery), is the work still theirs? Legally it is, but they no longer have free rein over it if they want to remove it. Once something's been put out there for copying (or in this case, saving), somebody's going to hold on to it, and it's unlikely to completely vanish.
In addition, even in the case of the most respected artists, their opinion doesn't necessarily match that of the public. Moreover, one person's trash is another person's treasure: the artist may hate a piece, but the public may love it. Who's to say which viewpoint is right?

Now, with Mikhail's work: some people obviously like his stuff. It seems a shame to deprive them of it. It's one thing to remove your work and not want it to be redistributed - but trying to enforce that is not only impractical, it's unfair to those who enjoy it.

I mean, it'd been AGES since I saw that transforming rat woman!
Seadog Driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2010   #15
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberFox View Post
The artist's wishes suck
We miss his work, We don't want them fade into obscurity
DEAL WITH IT!
That right there shows complete disrespect to the artist, you're being selfish, and childish. "I want it, I want it, waaaaaaaah!" what's what you sound like. Like one of those kids in Wal-Mart who ought to be slapped by their parents.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2010   #16
Xanderfox
Process Master

Actually Seadog it's ONLY impractical, it's fully fair that a artist decides to remove copy righted work for him to expect that it will be removed and not distributed. It is not how ever practical to the artist to expect that the removal will result in the art not being posted or distributed. The question of the moment, does Mikhail object to his art being posted in other places?
Xanderfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2010   #17
jolem
Process Disciple

Even though it was great to see some TFs that I never saw before made by this guy and even see most of them again. It's still pretty wrong to do that with someone's art without their permission (like what we have been doing with comics lately) especially when they're trying to disappear from the net. I remember it was against the rules and there was a fatal warning from the Transformation Board before it got shut down that anyone who posted his work here would be banned from the site for still persisting in doing that after they received their only warning. Maybe we should enforce that here.
jolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2010   #18
dorintf
Process Master

Legal/ethical issues aside ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander
The problem here is your posting in the wrong category, since the majority of the gallery is male Tfs it belongs in the Everything Else category where tfs that don't fit the main theme of the forum go.
Read this. Again.
dorintf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2010   #19
CyberFox
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolem View Post
Even though it was great to see some TFs that I never saw before made by this guy and even see most of them again. It's still pretty wrong to do that with someone's art without their permission (like what we have been doing with comics lately) especially when they're trying to disappear from the net. I remember it was against the rules and there was a fatal warning from the Transformation Board before it got shut down that anyone who posted his work here would be banned from the site for still persisting in doing that after they received their only warning. Maybe we should enforce that here.
Yeah, about that
1. Mikhail disappeared w/o a trace thus it's impossible to find him to ask for permission
2. Transformation Board went under after some assclown hacked it
Unread 03-22-2010   #20
Dontino
Bored of being an asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by WuschelWolf View Post
Newfag!.
You sound like such a tool...

Also why is the OP sprouting political non-sense?
And why is he posting male transformations here?

This thread is terrible and should be deleted.
Dontino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2010   #21
The_Nameless_One
no title either

Mikhail objected at that time in the past, the same time when it all got taken off the net, and there's no reason whatsoever to assume he has changed his mind since.
The_Nameless_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2010   #22
Loboleo
Process Fan

Quote:
Yeah, about that
1. Mikhail disappeared w/o a trace thus it's impossible to find him to ask for permission
The solution is simple, share the pictures DIRECTLY with your friends... send it to them, but DO NOT post them. Most of the artists included myself don't have a problem with the art distribution as long it doesn't become someone else property , as a gallery that the author can't control.

I'm sorry to say the only way I see this action is some kind of bringing up attention to yourself before the artist itself "Just look what I did, be thankful for what I brought to you" (If your actions could have some words...). And with that you're being disrespectful to the artist's work.

See ya.
Unread 03-24-2010   #23
morwalugi
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Yeah, about that
3.Owner/Admin of said board might have put up the legalese,however when it
came to posting stuff that cranked his motor,he generally just smiled and
looked the other way.

As for the rest,impression I have is that just as long as you're not in
it for commercial gain,creatives will just smile and look the other way.
morwalugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2010   #24
CyberFox
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by morwalugi View Post
3.Owner/Admin of said board might have put up the legalese,however when it
came to posting stuff that cranked his motor,he generally just smiled and
looked the other way.

As for the rest,impression I have is that just as long as you're not in
it for commercial gain,creatives will just smile and look the other way.
I want Mikhail's art posted for archival purposes for the love of his work
You don't want newcomers to the TF community to say "Mikhail? Who the fuck is Mikhail?" now do ya?