free hit counters
Evil conversion(for the lack for better term) - Page 354 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 01-04-2011   #4237
DrMoreau
Process Disciple

Re: Evil conversion(for the lack for better term)

Okay, at http://www.hypnochan.org/ Captain Hidethread has posted ridiculous amounts of EC threads (yes, threads!) recently. Some of it I've seen before of course but not all of it. I mean hours worth of downloading here. Seriously, check it out.

Don't know who that is, but it would surprise the hell out of me to find out he's not here in this thread too.
DrMoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011   #4238
Ficfactor
Samus Fanboy

Thanks for the heads up, Dr Moreau.

Captain Hidethread has made fantastic repository of EC over there; images and doiujinshi.
Ficfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2011   #4239
kyuven
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ficfactor View Post
This isn't necessarily a bad thing. In long running series and franchises, characters can become stale and purposeless, and can actually serve more to the story as a whole as a catalyst for future events, whether it be by dying or (the much, much rarer) EC.
The problem is, that when done well it's pretty awesome, from a storytelling perspective it's very rare that a full on hero-to-villain EC actually works (or sticks)
They tried it with Mary Marvel recently, complete with the costume change. The Countdown version didn't work at ALL, but the Final Crisis one did (i.e. it would have been permanent had Darkseid not been killed).
For a while, though, she had my favorite kind: Heroes who change the source of their powers to something darker, less friendly, but still keep their original goals and priorities.
It's tough to strike a balance though: It's hard to portray a hero doing a personality 180 but still firmly remaining a hero. For instance, the heroine would change her outfit in civvies and heroing, be less "wholesome" than she was before, and be a little more willing to break arms and legs (maybe even relish in it) but is still adamantly against causing death or serious injury. What's more, she goes to great effort to keep her friends and family close, even if they are a bit put off by her new attitude.
I dunno, that does sound ridiculously specific...and in reality only one character from any medium I've seen/read/played has really fit the mark: Negi Springfield from Negima!
His primary instructor is an "evil" vampire who taught him black magic, which he uses with abandon while still maintaining his original personality, motivations, and goals. Too bad he's male...

...not to say I hate it when heroines go full villain of course...not at all, not at all But from a storytelling perspective, the above is my preferred approach.
kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2011   #4240
Mazoku
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuven View Post
The problem is, that when done well it's pretty awesome, from a storytelling perspective it's very rare that a full on hero-to-villain EC actually works (or sticks)
They tried it with Mary Marvel recently, complete with the costume change. The Countdown version didn't work at ALL, but the Final Crisis one did (i.e. it would have been permanent had Darkseid not been killed).
For a while, though, she had my favorite kind: Heroes who change the source of their powers to something darker, less friendly, but still keep their original goals and priorities.
It's tough to strike a balance though: It's hard to portray a hero doing a personality 180 but still firmly remaining a hero. For instance, the heroine would change her outfit in civvies and heroing, be less "wholesome" than she was before, and be a little more willing to break arms and legs (maybe even relish in it) but is still adamantly against causing death or serious injury. What's more, she goes to great effort to keep her friends and family close, even if they are a bit put off by her new attitude.
I dunno, that does sound ridiculously specific...and in reality only one character from any medium I've seen/read/played has really fit the mark: Negi Springfield from Negima!
His primary instructor is an "evil" vampire who taught him black magic, which he uses with abandon while still maintaining his original personality, motivations, and goals. Too bad he's male...

...not to say I hate it when heroines go full villain of course...not at all, not at all But from a storytelling perspective, the above is my preferred approach.
I think it can be done, but there's some sort of block most writers can't get past, they all meekly retreat from it after dabbling a bit. I've often seen glimpses especially in say Chris Claremont's work, I've often thought "Ooh! keep her like that! It'll be really interesting!" but even he resets the character almost straight away, well except for Dark Phoenix, and we all know how that ended. That did make a huge impression on readers at the time though.

-----------------------------------

Looks like Trigon is up to his usual tricks in DC Universe Online:
http://www.process-productions.com/f...29&postcount=1

-------------------------------------

There was a brief glimpse of an evil Chun-li in Street Fighter the animated series ep. "Getting to Guile", not for real, just an illusion projected into Guile's mind as art of a brainwashing attempt by you-know-who.

(It might just be me, but the art quality for Chun-Li seems to be few notches above the general quality on this show, they seem to go to a lot of trouble to make her pretty)
Attached Images
File Type: png 1.png (374.9 KB, 112 views)
File Type: png 3.png (219.9 KB, 61 views)
File Type: png 4.png (189.4 KB, 46 views)
File Type: png 5.png (269.1 KB, 91 views)
File Type: png 6.png (173.3 KB, 50 views)
File Type: png 7.png (254.3 KB, 33 views)
File Type: png 8.png (151.8 KB, 41 views)
File Type: png 9.png (365.3 KB, 53 views)
File Type: png 10.png (370.0 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by Mazoku; 01-05-2011 at 06:33 AM.
Mazoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2011   #4241
Hrothgar
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ficfactor View Post
Enjoy:
Part1: http://www.mediafire.com/?5ldlyvkqho5z5yo
Part2: http://www.mediafire.com/?reuy9dhtrd526q9

It's a pity, but it's only an .flv. It took so long to rip the damn thing from the stream, and then compressing it and upoloading it... Yeah, I was in no mood to have to convert it to a different format as well. Just use FLVPlayer (or even RealPlayer) if VLC won't play it (btw, WMP & MPC definitely won't play it).
Thank you.
Hrothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2011   #4242
kyuven
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazoku View Post

-----------------------------------

Looks like Trigon is up to his usual tricks in DC Universe Online:
http://www.process-productions.com/f...29&postcount=1

-------------------------------------
oooo Etrigan's there too :3
Unread 01-05-2011   #4243
Mazoku
Process Master

Quote:
oooo Etrigan's there too :3
Yeah, but the important thing is does he EC anyone? Not really his MO is it? He usually just spouts off rhymes and mauls people.

Queen Bee converts people too, but I think it's entirely mental. Hive mind stuff.

Last edited by Mazoku; 01-05-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Unread 01-05-2011   #4244
kyuven
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazoku View Post
Yeah, but the important thing is does he EC anyone? Not really his MO is it? He usually just spouts off rhymes and mauls people.

Queen Bee converts people too, but I think it's entirely mental. Hive mind stuff.
Well technically Etrigan himself is an example of EC, as Jason Blood himself isn't really that bad of a guy (usually, in the animated canon he's an ally of the Justice League/Batman, while sometimes Etrigan is used as a pawn), but Etrigan is an out-and-out dick.
Then when you consider there's an alternate Earth where all the genders are flipped...
Unread 01-05-2011   #4245
Mazoku
Process Master

Quote:
Well technically Etrigan himself is an example of EC, as Jason Blood himself isn't really that bad of a guy (usually, in the animated canon he's an ally of the Justice League/Batman, while sometimes Etrigan is used as a pawn), but Etrigan is an out-and-out dick.
Then when you consider there's an alternate Earth where all the genders are flipped...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg secretsix21-thedemonestrogan001.jpg (143.2 KB, 432 views)
Unread 01-05-2011   #4246
Xanderfox
Process Master

Seriously.. Estrogan?
Xanderfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2011   #4247
Mazoku
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanderfox View Post
Seriously.. Estrogan?
"Punning With the Demon
2010/05/13

When notorious magic stealer Black Alice falls under the mistaken impression that Scandal Savage is after both her (would-be) boyfriend Ragdoll as well as her membership in the Secret Six, she decides to swipe the powers of the Demon Etrigan in order to deal with her female rival:

Not to be confused with the Demon Trigonadotropin.

This devilish little pun courtesy of Secret Six #21 (July 2010) by Gail Simone and Jim Calafiore."

-------------------------

The movie "Troll", has Julia Dreyfus from "Seinfeld" TFed into an evil nymph:

-

Last edited by Mazoku; 01-06-2011 at 02:15 AM.
Unread 01-06-2011   #4248
easton
Frequent Poster

For those that don't mind BE Addventure or text stories in general, an Evil Sailor Moon path has started up'

http://iiichan.net/stuff/be/dodge/?episode=765391
easton is offline   Reply With Quote