free hit counters
Evil conversion(for the lack for better term) - Page 475 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 12-14-2011   #5689
oneiros
Lurker

Re: Evil conversion(for the lack for better term)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazoku View Post
Nice to see some more in-depth discussion. Can't think of anything to add myself at the moment.

Couple of things here I'm not sure about:

1) Witchblade issue 128, looks like it may have been corruptiony, anyone know?
Aye. The Witchblade was briefly split up between two women (Sara and Danielle). It was split along light/dark lines, in reflection of its "parents" (The Angelus and The Darkness). The Big Bad of the arc was corrupting Sara, slowly turning her against Danielle, which eventually led to a confrontation. If I recall right, the nicer pics of "evil Sara" - are in the climatic issue of the arc. No real process though, it's more of a "poof" thing. Only process to be had is Sara's personality shifting slowly.

Last edited by oneiros; 12-14-2011 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Silly error.
oneiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011   #5690
CaptainHidethread
Wicked Lady fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderkid View Post
hey does anyone have that viper GTS doujin that features good conversion?
You mean when the succubus gets purified? Yeah, I have it. both translated and untranslated.
CaptainHidethread is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011   #5691
wandering_spirit
Just a wanderer

Quote:
2) Glissa Sunseeker from Magic the Gathering, apparently underwent some sort of corruption to become Glissa the Traitor. Possibly from the artifacts she sought out and destroyed.
Actually, after the events of Mirrodin, she was supposedly left for dead and placed in a sort of capsule. What happened was that, because of Karn's taint due to the Glistening Oil, the Phyrexians started reappearing on Mirrodin. When they found Glissa, since the Phyrexian mind tends to assimilate or corrupt what it does not see as its own, they inevitably corrupted her.

Since then, she became the voice of Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger, the Green-colored Phyrexian Praetor (the five suns of Mirrodin changed the Phyrexians to match the five different colors of Magic). Even though she still has a deep-seated hatred for artefacts, she now uses it against her own kind.

In the end, because of Mirrodin's liability of metal, most, if not all of the Plane and its inhabitants were assimilated, corrupted or destroyed by the Phyrexians. Mirrodin became New Phyrexia, yet the five different factions, due to their colors, now have an enemy of their own to deal with: themselves.

"In this egotistic world in which we live in, it is sometimes to wonder if we shouldn't be like mirrors for others to deem us worthy to be looked at." - 'Le Chat'

wandering_spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011   #5692
Mazoku
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneiros View Post
Aye. The Witchblade was briefly split up between two women (Sara and Danielle). It was split along light/dark lines, in reflection of its "parents" (The Angelus and The Darkness). The Big Bad of the arc was corrupting Sara, slowly turning her against Danielle, which eventually led to a confrontation. If I recall right, the nicer pics of "evil Sara" - are in the climatic issue of the arc. No real process though, it's more of a "poof" thing. Only process to be had is Sara's personality shifting slowly.

Aha, Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering_spirit View Post
Actually, after the events of Mirrodin, she was supposedly left for dead and placed in a sort of capsule. What happened was that, because of Karn's taint due to the Glistening Oil, the Phyrexians started reappearing on Mirrodin. When they found Glissa, since the Phyrexian mind tends to assimilate or corrupt what it does not see as its own, they inevitably corrupted her.

Since then, she became the voice of Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger, the Green-colored Phyrexian Praetor (the five suns of Mirrodin changed the Phyrexians to match the five different colors of Magic). Even though she still has a deep-seated hatred for artefacts, she now uses it against her own kind.

In the end, because of Mirrodin's liability of metal, most, if not all of the Plane and its inhabitants were assimilated, corrupted or destroyed by the Phyrexians. Mirrodin became New Phyrexia, yet the five different factions, due to their colors, now have an enemy of their own to deal with: themselves.
My goodness, thank you. Where does all that information come from? Is it just background for the card game, or are there books or comics that cover all this?
Mazoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011   #5693
riderkid
Gaming Journalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHidethread View Post
You mean when the succubus gets purified? Yeah, I have it. both translated and untranslated.
can you post the translated version for DL?
Unread 12-14-2011   #5694
PoisonElf
Mind Control Artist HMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneiros View Post
There's quite a bit of possession going on in that arc too, as that's when the new Angelus gets chosen twice. Once by force.

Sara gradually getting more and more corrupted by her half is shown with her eyes glowing red and her seen in a trance while the Witchblade is sliding over her.

Definitely worth tracking down, I think.
PoisonElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011   #5695
sodacat
Calling from the New Era

Since this has come up, do you know what in which issue the Angelus possesses Velocity? I think it was a tie-in issue, since they had a few leading up to that event. It's the only Angelus host image I'm missing for my collection.

Crap, I'm missing Finch too, and I lost my Witchblade collection in a HDD crash. Bah.
Deviantart | Furaffinity. I write things here.
sodacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011   #5696
PoisonElf
Mind Control Artist HMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodacat View Post
Since this has come up, do you know what in which issue the Angelus possesses Velocity? I think it was a tie-in issue, since they had a few leading up to that event. It's the only Angelus host image I'm missing for my collection.

Crap, I'm missing Finch too, and I lost my Witchblade collection in a HDD crash. Bah.
Pretty sure it's during First Born. I wanna say issue 1.
PoisonElf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2011   #5697
noix
Lurker

Quote:
My goodness, thank you. Where does all that information come from? Is it just background for the card game, or are there books or comics that cover all this?
A new novel is written for each set in the series of Magic. They're a little tricky to find individually and are usually only bundled in the Fat Pack.

You can find information on Glissa here, though:
http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/article/Glissa_Sunseeker
noix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2011   #5698
oneiros
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisonElf View Post
Pretty sure it's during First Born. I wanna say issue 1.
A quick look through my collection indicates this is correct.
oneiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2011   #5699
mercury01
No Man's Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by noix View Post
A new novel is written for each set in the series of Magic. They're a little tricky to find individually and are usually only bundled in the Fat Pack.
Actually, these days they just include an except from the novel in the fat pack. You have to buy the novel on its own, but I warn you, the quality of the books has dropped a lot. Quest For Karn is a particularly egregious example.

Rather than focusing on the escalating war and drawing the reader in with compelling characters on both sides, the book chooses to follow the planeswalkers as they stumble around aimlessly for about 275 pages, culminating in them getting what they needed done in the last chapter or two. Clearly this was intended to be a much shorter story padded out to fill 300 pages.

What frustrates me is that there is a good story on the cards and in the style guide, but all that is ignored to shine the spotlight on a small group of poorly-fleshed out stock characters. The book could have worked so much better as an anthology outlining the slow corruption of the plane, the infighting amongst the Mirrans that cost them time and resources, the political jockeying of the Phyrexian Praetors, and any number of characters they hint at or feature in the game.

Anyway, I'm done ranting. Here, have a pic of Glissa.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg notglissa__the_zbrush_4_study_by_steveargyle.jpg (464.2 KB, 193 views)
mercury01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2011   #5700
wandering_spirit
Just a wanderer

Quote:
There was a ton of background info when the New Phyrexia set came out. You can probably still find all of it in the website's archives.

It just ticks me off that the Phyrexians were able to corrupt Mirrodin beyond recognition. I mean... Karn was one of my favorite characters early on.

@mercury: That looks a lot like those Glistener Elves. Still, I'm not surprised.

"In this egotistic world in which we live in, it is sometimes to wonder if we shouldn't be like mirrors for others to deem us worthy to be looked at." - 'Le Chat'

Last edited by wandering_spirit; 12-15-2011 at 09:38 AM.
wandering_spirit is offline   Reply With Quote