free hit counters
New Werewolf Project - Page 6 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 08-17-2016   #61
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

Re: New Werewolf Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anahki View Post
Nope. Patrick & Sabrina are a nice couple who make AAWIL recreations (with no FX) just for fun. They are not professionals, and they have told us many times that they are very busy with their lives (they have a kid and so on) and use only their spare time to have some fun with TF stuff. So contacting them for something like this is not a good idea.
This. Besides, Decardo, the original poster of this comment thread, already said he has a few actresses in mind. Speaking of Decardo, where did he go? He hasn’t commented on here or updated us on the project in a week. Also, I wanted to agree with what Anahki and sybersamurai said. You don’t want to cover the actress’ face early on. Like they said, eye contacts, fangs, ears, and maybe a little fur on the cheeks are fine, but the heavy face prosthetics shouldn’t be added until almost the very end or you hinder her performance. As I wrote before, it would also be awesome to see her forehead and/or temples pulsating (as in “The Howling”), showing her face is preparing for the Change.
howlingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2016   #62
Decardo
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlingfan View Post
This. Besides, Decardo, the original poster of this comment thread, already said he has a few actresses in mind. Speaking of Decardo, where did he go? He hasn’t commented on here or updated us on the project in a week. Also, I wanted to agree with what Anahki and sybersamurai said. You don’t want to cover the actress’ face early on. Like they said, eye contacts, fangs, ears, and maybe a little fur on the cheeks are fine, but the heavy face prosthetics shouldn’t be added until almost the very end or you hinder her performance. As I wrote before, it would also be awesome to see her forehead and/or temples pulsating (as in “The Howling”), showing her face is preparing for the Change.
Hi Guys,

Sorry I've not been on I've been getting the ball rolling on a fantasy project.

I am currently waiting to hear back from the guy who's planning to do the VFX, I've shown him the loboleo Sabrina sequence to give an idea of the look were wanting to for, with some changes such as our werewolf being a biped and using multiple actresses.

Speaking of Sabrina and xheihachi, I have contacted them as would like them to do a run through of the sequence to give us an idea of how it will look on camera, this mainly due to me wanting this to really involve the people in the community.

At this stage the tail and muzzle are being planned for quite late in the sequence mainly so we can have the actresses visible for as long we can in order to portray more emotion in sequence.

As soon as I have an update from the VFX guy I'll have another update for you.
Decardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2016   #63
Decardo
Process Fan

So,

I've been speaking to a VFX artist for the project and after a lengthy discussion on the phone I think were both in the ballpark of where we would like this to go.

The VFX artist has worked closely with Horrify Me and has done several of the werewolf sculpts for him.

I'll pop an example of one of his previous masks below, but please bare in mind that we will be providing a new unique look for our werewolf.

In addition the 25 page script is done with the key sequence expected to take around 5 minutes of film time.

Once the storyboarding is done well be looking to get some blocking shots of how the sequence will look and then we can start to cost the prosthetics and other components.

I'll have another update shortly.

Last edited by Decardo; 08-26-2016 at 06:26 AM.
Unread 08-26-2016   #64
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

Thanks for the update, but is anyone else having trouble viewing the image? All I see is a small black box with an “x” through it.
Unread 08-26-2016   #65
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlingfan View Post
Thanks for the update, but is anyone else having trouble viewing the image? All I see is a small black box with an “x” through it.
Open it in a new tab, sometimes it works. There, you will find the previously mentioned video with FX.

@Decardo: "we will be providing a new unique look for our werewolf" scares me more than other things you said. It is more or less the same thing that some directors from bad werewolf movies said about their creatures (e.g.: Wolves, the reboot of Howling, if I remember well). But I am bad at foreseeing the future, and I will not judge anything before having a look at it, promise .
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2016   #66
Decardo
Process Fan

[QUOTE@Decardo: "we will be providing a new unique look for our werewolf" scares me more than other things you said. It is more or less the same thing that some directors from bad werewolf movies said about their creatures (e.g.: Wolves, the reboot of Howling, if I remember well). But I am bad at foreseeing the future, and I will not judge anything before having a look at it, promise .[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see your concern.

Let me clarify, what I meant by the statement is to not think that the image was what the werewolf would look like, as we will be creating something for the specific actress. One of our goals is to keep the actresses natural expressions in the sequence as long as possible so no full head prosthetics.

I just didn't want people to think that's what the werewolf would look like

For those who are having an issue with the above link, here's the link to the webpage.

https://www.facebook.com/DavidFoxley1979?fref=ts

Last edited by Decardo; 08-26-2016 at 11:54 AM.
Unread 10-13-2016   #67
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

I don’t mean to necropost, but is this project dead? Any updates? Bueller?
Unread 10-13-2016   #68
lowes96
Process Master

Always doubtful when I see these posts nothing ever comes from it
lowes96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2016   #69
Thrillerboy
Frequent Poster

Y'all do realize projects like this have a fairly long turnaround, right? From what OP described, they were in pre-production, merely gauging interest, cost of the project, etc., meaning that the ball had just started rolling. This is one of those things to keep on the back burner, instead of shitting on it, because it didn't instantly pan out. If we're six months to a year down the road, then maybe we can talk about it being a dud, but until then, chill out.
Thrillerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2016   #70
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

So, again ruining the people hopes with necroposting, eh? And now by purpose... Yes, YOU DO MEAN TO NECROPOST. Geez, now I miss the typical retarded saying that this necroposting is "legitime" .
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2016   #71
CantSaySeeSaw
Ezekial 23:20

I was briefly in contact with Decardo over email. He seems like he has good intentions, and he sent me the TF part of the script, which was... a little boring and vague, but it does exist. I'm skeptical the movie will get made based on the strength of the script alone, but my mind would change if he were to provide makeup test shots. He also sent me pics of two actresses he intended to use, so assuming those were actually people he had contact with and not just photographs, that could be a good sign.
Unread 10-17-2016   #72
Decardo
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantdayseesaw View Post
I was briefly in contact with Decardo over email. He seems like he has good intentions, and he sent me the TF part of the script, which was... a little boring and vague, but it does exist. I'm skeptical the movie will get made based on the strength of the script alone, but my mind would change if he were to provide makeup test shots. He also sent me pics of two actresses he intended to use, so assuming those were actually people he had contact with and not just photographs, that could be a good sign.
The project isn't dead, The Actress, Director and myself are due to meet in November once we can align our schedules due to her acting commitments and the release of my first novel (fantasy but no process unfortunately).

As for the involvement of cantdayseesaw, she was interested in helping with the blocking for the transformation sequence and subsequently was sent the
script for the transformation sequence and not the move, if you don't believe me there's mention of a figure watching her returning home after she was out running, yet no mention again? This is due to their being another 20 pages of story and setup to the sequence.

As for Luna's involvement yes she's a real actress and its her director and production team that would be developing the feature.

cantdayseesaw chose to leave the project without seeing the full script or story so disregard her opinion in the above post as she is basing her facts of the sequence alone.

Dave has been working on the werewolf for me, but we need the blocking doing first to help calculate the cost of the prosthetics hence the transformation script being sent to cantdayseesaw. We now have someone else to do this but again time and money are slowing things down. Once we have some progression with this we will share some details which will more than likely be the storyboard.

So again not dead, just no news to report on it just yet.