free hit counters
Movie Alert: Spring - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 09-04-2014   #1
KrustyTheSailor
Frequent Poster

Movie Alert: Spring

Had my eye on this one for a while. There is a trailer with some interesting shots (really quick cuts).

http://bloody-disgusting.com/videos/...razy-hormones/

Forward to 1:24 for some strangeness.

Premieres at TIFF tomorrow. Anyone going?

K
KrustyTheSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2014   #2
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

Re: Movie Alert: Spring

So what is she? A werewolf? Some type of snake/fish monster? The girl is gorgeous, btw.
howlingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2014   #3
sodacat
Calling from the New Era

Those effects shots all look like they could go in a bunch of directions, but it certainly looks visceral, and that's all I need to be happy.
Deviantart | Furaffinity. I write things here.
sodacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2014   #4
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

yeah, for me it looked more like some lovecraftian monster... claws, tentacles and so on. Yes, you can see a tentacle out there :P.
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2014   #5
Skalla-Grimm
Grrrrr

From the title and the imagery I'm thinking plant. If I'm not mistaken that dead bird in the bush was strangled by a vine.

Now on DeviantArt
Skalla-Grimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2014   #6
KrustyTheSailor
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skalla-Grimm View Post
From the title and the imagery I'm thinking plant. If I'm not mistaken that dead bird in the bush was strangled by a vine.
I thought that too, but something seems to have claws and fur in one shot, and tentacles in another.
KrustyTheSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2014   #7
dorintf
Process Master

Will watch the absolute fuck out of this.
dorintf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2014   #8
Skalla-Grimm
Grrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrustyTheSailor View Post
I thought that too, but something seems to have claws and fur in one shot, and tentacles in another.
I saw vines instead of tentacles. But who knows.

Now on DeviantArt
Unread 09-06-2014   #9
Kantomaster1111
Frequent Poster

I saw this last night at the premiere. Snake, werewolf (I think), and many other TFs. You see some great detail, mix of practical and CG. Think Before Sunrise but with a woman who changes into various animals. Anything else is spoiler territory. Enjoy guys, this is going to be a TF classic.

Skalla, they are tentacles.
Kantomaster1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2014   #10
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantomaster1111 View Post
I saw this last night at the premiere. Snake, werewolf (I think), and many other TFs. You see some great detail, mix of practical and CG. Think Before Sunrise but with a woman who changes into various animals. Anything else is spoiler territory. Enjoy guys, this is going to be a TF classic.

Yeah!! One point for the guy from the south xD. Well, I swear that I had seen the suckers of the tentacles, but I am not sure.
BTW, is there some nudity, or do they use camera angles, obstacles and so on to avoid the issue?
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2014   #11
Skalla-Grimm
Grrrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantomaster1111 View Post

The implicit answer to "who knows?" was meant to be "someone who has seen the film".

Now on DeviantArt
Unread 09-06-2014   #12
Kantomaster1111
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skalla-Grimm View Post
The implicit answer to "who knows?" was meant to be "someone who has seen the film".
And I saw the film. Was confirming. Take it or leave it, friend.

As for Anakhi, who is the guy from the south? Not sure what issue you are referring to, but as the mystery of the girl's conditioned is revealed, we see more of her transformations. The first one we get a decent look at seems to be a werewolf (or some kind of dog/cat-family transformation). The directors never clarified which animals she changed into specifically in the Q&A, but they didn't like werewolves but liked the idea of them, so they put a spin on the concept with their film. I remember a werewolf, snake, scorpion, Octopus or Squid (unclear) and some were ambiguous as far as I know. I actually stopped watching for the TF and kept watching for the story. It's very unique.

There is nudity, particularly with the biggest transformation. There is also tail growth, but it is more amusing and will disappoint anyone expecting to see the tail grow.

Even if the transformation disappoints viewers on this website (or elsewhere), it's a fantastic character-driven piece worthy of multiple viewings. The girl is gorgeous and the story has humour, charm, and even scares.

If you guys don't believe that I saw it, I don't care. Wait for the film yourself. It will be a while before it's online. I won't spoil what the girl is, because it kind of ruins the mystery of the film. Telling you that she transforms into various animals is a big enough spoiler anyway. I went into this film not even knowing there would be TF. I read a vague logline and bought tickets. Was pleasantly surprised and you guys will be too. It meets the quota for all these disappointing indie films that we keep holding out hope for.

Last edited by Kantomaster1111; 09-06-2014 at 08:59 PM.
Kantomaster1111 is offline   Reply With Quote