free hit counters
Missed TF opportunities in film - Page 3 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 11-23-2008   #25
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

Re: Missed TF opportunities in film

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
But she wasn't shot through the eye, so any wolf that got up with a hole in it's head wasn't her. Those werewolves could survive anything except silver and it was presumed that fire could kill them as well. In human form it didn't appear that they still possessed that invulnerability to normal weapons. She died from that shot, there was no hint that she lived, and she certainly didn't TF under a table. Regardless of whether she survived a bullet to the brain while in human form and TF'd off screen later (which there is no indication of that happening) she still would have died when the house exploded. As those were apparently werewolves who could die from fire as well as silver, some myths say that silver, fire, or another werewolf are the only things that can kill werewolves, unless they are in human form then they die as easily as anyone else.
Ok, just watched it again with the commentary on - as the director says - one of the werewolves that shows up right before the SGT lights the gas hose in the kitchen at the end is missing an eye because it was Meghan and she was shot in the eye partially through the TF (right after you saw her yellow eyes and fangs).
thrandrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2008   #26
Sutibaru
---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crinos View Post
That's not entirely true, there's also the twisting hair thing, and also the mosquito women.
I do not consider the hair or the mosquito women (especially the mosquito women) anything that belongs in the TF section. The mosquito women didnt have any real physical changes except for looking crazy from what I can remember. I guess we can consider the girl who has a spiral scar that she turns into a spiral herself...

Last edited by Sutibaru; 11-23-2008 at 11:39 AM.
Sutibaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2008   #27
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrandrall View Post
Ok, just watched it again with the commentary on - as the director says - one of the werewolves that shows up right before the SGT lights the gas hose in the kitchen at the end is missing an eye because it was Meghan and she was shot in the eye partially through the TF (right after you saw her yellow eyes and fangs).
Edit: Well after watching it again I guess that's how it happened. I remembered it differently. But it still didn't happen under any table, that was the male officer from much earlier, that much I was right about.

I thought they were making a sequel to this, or was that idea thrown out?

Last edited by TF-Viewer; 11-23-2008 at 12:23 PM.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2008   #28
Amahain
Process Master

Here's one that I came across while aimlessly browsing through Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Breed_(2006_film)

A group of friends are on an island with a wild population of genetically enhanced attack dogs. One girl gets bitten and starts exhibiting canine behaviour, but it seems like she dies before there's any real sort of TF. Also, there seems to be implied TF at the end, but it's male.

Here's the trailer anyway:

Amahain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2008   #29
mvscsu29
Reset

Never Cry Werewolf squandered a really great opportunity for a female TF: Nina Dobrev is so frikking hot.

She gets infected at ~1:20, has some slight eye TFs at ~4:00 and ~5:00, but that's it.
mvscsu29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2009   #30
Apsm
Lurker/budding TG author

I have a television example:

There was a Halloween special of the Simpsons, where the Simpsons go to an Island owned(?) by Dr Hibbert. It is revealed later he is turning everyone into animals. However, there was NO transformation sequence at all. Not even with Marge who became a cat-like creature. I felt ripped off there.
-Female characters I'd like to be (Update): Rei (EVA), Ami and Haruka (Sailor Moon), Nene (BGC2040), Teletha (FMP), Haruhi and Mikuru(Haruhi Suzumiya), Yourichi and Rangiku (Bleach), Riza(FMA), Lenalee (D Gray Man), Ennis (Baccano).
Apsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2009   #31
Vengeance1701
Modest Moderator

Yeah, I just watched Dog Soldiers...........how dense are these guys that even after being told they're dealing with werewolves....

They completely fail to notice Ryan's wounds healing quicker and his more aggressive personality?
Unread 04-22-2009   #32
slayer1
Process Master

Just speculating but I have a feeling the TF in the upcoming HBO series True Blood will be a let down.

In the bookes that the series is based on there are female werewolfs, dog shape shifters, and werepanters...

Based on the dog shapeshifter which is a poof animorphs kind of thing, I do not expect much...
slayer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2009   #33
cpt soban
Likely Suspect

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer1 View Post
In the bookes that the series is based on there are female werewolfs, dog shape shifters, and werepanters...

werepanters
Original at least, someone turning into a bloodlusting pair of pants might be terrifying.
cpt soban is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2009   #34
slayer1
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt soban View Post
Original at least, someone turning into a bloodlusting pair of pants might be terrifying.
english is not my first language, thank you internet grammar police <^>
slayer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2009   #35
cpt soban
Likely Suspect

hey it just gave me a good chuckle, if you are insulted by that its your problem
cpt soban is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2009   #36
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt soban View Post
That's a really hot idea actually...
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote