free hit counters
Missed TF opportunities in film - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 11-18-2008   #1
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

Missed TF opportunities in film

Well, I was thinking about this more from the Sexiest TF thread.

Which films have come out that should have featured some good TFs but for some reason (budget, etc) the TFs were either really skimped or dropped completely.

1. Prince Caspian - was waiting for a "good" TF or small series of TFs that I remembered from the book for the entire film only to get to the end and find out that the entire sequence was cut completely. Given the pacing of the final film, I'm guessing they never even filmed the scenes involved.

2. The Witches - original book had some great TFs in the lead-up to the main story (told by the boy's grandmother). Girl to chicken, etc. Cut out completely. Then there was great potential for the bit with the maid who put some of the formula on her neck and started sprouting fur there - but they didn't do anything with that - would have been 100x better than seeing the ugly witches transforming. Of course, a slow, sexy TF mightn't have been that appropriate for a kids flick. Still would have loved it.

Plenty of other ones out there in films that had poorly done TFs, but right now, I'm just interested in making a list of films where the source material had them, but cut them out of the movie itself.
thrandrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2008   #2
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Re: Missed TF opportunities in film

I believe in Wishmaster 3 towards the end a girl was trying to run away from the evil demon genie villian and he was trying to get her to wish for a place to hide. He shoved her face into a rat's cage in some science lab, and rather than transform her into a rat which would have been nice.. he just had rats eat her face off and kill her.... very lame considering how inventive the demon was in the earlier films with his victims.

A question though, in the Witches book, did the maid go through a TF as implied in the film, and was the chicken TF any good?
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2008   #3
Crash Ichimonji
Perverted Asexual

I would have loved to see Selene be bitten by a Lycan in Underworld: Evolution after she drank Alexander Corvinus's blood, just too see her TF into a Lycan-Vampire Hybrid. Then again, just for badass-sake I wanted to see Markus bite William.

I also wished they did a more gradual transformation for 'The Cat Returns'.
Crash Ichimonji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2008   #4
popperock
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
I believe in Wishmaster 3 towards the end a girl was trying to run away from the evil demon genie villian and he was trying to get her to wish for a place to hide. He shoved her face into a rat's cage in some science lab, and rather than transform her into a rat which would have been nice.. he just had rats eat her face off and kill her.... very lame considering how inventive the demon was in the earlier films with his victims.

A question though, in the Witches book, did the maid go through a TF as implied in the film, and was the chicken TF any good?
I think the Maid was just in the movie, and the chicken tf in the book is just "She started growing feathers all over her body and in a month she was a large white hen."
Unread 11-19-2008   #5
personEL
Frequent Poster

Mansquito - It was strongly implied that the female scientist would be turning into a creature, but there was no TF, and you never got a good look at her when she was changed. Sci-Fi Channel original movies suck!
personEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2008   #6
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Well, just think about all those werewolf movies with "poof" transformations (blood and chocolate), interesting characters who don't end transforming (Cursed, Ginger Snaps III... I hate when they keep me whishing), or simply have one complete TF, and the rest of them "supposed" (Cat People, but many of them fits here).
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2008   #7
Chef123
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by personEL View Post
Mansquito - It was strongly implied that the female scientist would be turning into a creature, but there was no TF, and you never got a good look at her when she was changed. Sci-Fi Channel original movies suck!
Well, the starting of her transformation was hinted and you see her with red eyes and a strange skin color at the end, but it really sucked that they didn't go further with her changes and turned her also into a large mosquito creature.

"Black Sheep" was also a really good movie, with wasted TF opportunities. The male TFs are really well done but it sucks that no women were shown changing into sheep. I really would have loved it if they had changed the Doctor into a sheep. She was kind of sexy. (BTW they even didn't show how she was killed by the sheep. You just hear her scream and than the screen fades into black)
Chef123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2008   #8
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef123 View Post
Well, the starting of her transformation was hinted and you see her with red eyes and a strange skin color at the end, but it really sucked that they didn't go further with her changes and turned her also into a large mosquito creature.

"Black Sheep" was also a really good movie, with wasted TF opportunities. The male TFs are really well done but it sucks that no women were shown changing into sheep. I really would have loved it if they had changed the Doctor into a sheep. She was kind of sexy. (BTW they even didn't show how she was killed by the sheep. You just hear her scream and than the screen fades into black)

Yeah, there were also some cute foreign bidders there for the sheep demo - you saw a couple get killed (gruesomely ;p), but a few of them obviously transformed as well since they were naked in the sheep dip pen at the end.
thrandrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2008   #9
Crinos
Frequent Poster

the top of my head:

* Leela in the slurm episode (although B mages sequence is a pretty good guess on what happened).

Last edited by Crinos; 04-15-2012 at 11:36 AM.
Crinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2008   #10
hewylewis
Frequent Poster

what sequence, where?
hewylewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2008   #11
Xanderfox
Process Master

Well the lack of Leela's Slurm Queen TF is explained in season 4 of Futurama. Leela can not be effected by mutagens because she's a Mutant, other tf medium must but used
Xanderfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008   #12
Truct
Lurker

Hi, decided to jump in on the conversation. I must agree with the Wishmaster 3 missed rat opportunity.

I’ve seen so many horror movies and the disappointments are endless. Basically, anything that had the word Witch or Wish in the title usually came up painfully lacking. The Leprechaun and Warlock films had such potential but only had one or two decent female scenes.

A few others that come to mind would be:

Cloverfield: They should have shown the bloating up process.
(Would like to see if there could ever be a realistic TF process when shooting in that raw video style.)

Izumaki: I first saw what must have been a Photoshop image of a slug girl that only made reference to the movie. Sadly, I bought the movie and there were only some boy snails and no process. There should have been something with snail girls instead.

End of Days: In the beginning when Satan was in the restaurant he seemed to have something planned for a woman inside. Instead he just walked out and blew the place up.

Willow: They should have shown the woman warrior Sorsha changing.

Spellcaster: Same as above. Turn the woman into a pig or something. Equal opportunity.

Rocky and Bullwinkle: The woman’s head turning into a fruit was lame. Since it was a kids movie, I can’t be too critical.

In televsion: (sorry I know we're talking movies but wanted to throw these in)

Buffy disappointments:
The Buffy rat process could have been better
The Halloween episode where people became the costume they wore.
The other Halloween episode where a haunted house brings people's fears to life.
Willow and Amy once toyed around with people in a dance club but nothing ever happened.
Also the Revenge demon was a great concept, but again, nothing.

Angel Season 5: Lorne made a comment to Eve about seeing her future and at the time, the Senior Partners were still after her. Other characters had previous encounters with the Partners and it seemed like they didn’t straight out kill, they punished. Would loved to have seen her get turned into something slimy.
Truct is offline   Reply With Quote