free hit counters
TF as a reward. - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 08-13-2020   #1
Monstermaster13
Process Fan

TF as a reward.

I know this has been done before but someone pointed out on here that TF fiction almost always does the transformation as a punishment method, i've been really disagreeing on that especially since there are plenty of transformation centric media that don't feature this. Have there ever been any way where it is the reverse basically someone gets it as a reward or they personally asked to be transformed?
Monstermaster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2020   #2
Ficfactor
Samus Fanboy

Re: TF as a reward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstermaster13 View Post
I know this has been done before but someone pointed out on here that TF fiction almost always does the transformation as a punishment method, i've been really disagreeing on that especially since there are plenty of transformation centric media that don't feature this. Have there ever been any way where it is the reverse basically someone gets it as a reward or they personally asked to be transformed?
The Altered Beast videogame is the one that comes to mind. Male focused, though.
Ficfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2020   #3
Cowboy5995
Lurker

That type of content is out there. The "Daddy" sequence by Angrboda comes to mind. It is one of the more popular sequences on transfur.
Cowboy5995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2020   #4
Twilight_Roxas
Process Master

Sometimes the reward could also be a punishment.
Twilight_Roxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2020   #5
no-name
The Undying Shadow

Assuming "TF as reward" refers to an individual who is either a willing participant and/or more receptive to their new...lot in life and not strictly contractual in nature (and equally vague in writing), here are some examples that come to mind:

Most Disney films, where the TF drives the plot, would use "TF as reward" to restore its pre-film status quo, though there are exceptions.

Demona of the "Gargoyles" series was originally rewarded the ability to avoid turning to stone during the day after "entertaining" Puck in the episode "The Mirror". While the means to accomplish this feat was never specified (she transforms into a human, reverting back at night), she has since utilized this "gift" to her advantage.

Nearly every "Shantae" game uses transformations as literal rewards to progress through the game. I believe "Shantae and the Pirate's Curse" is the exception to this (for now): having lost her genie powers in a previous game, she must improvise with more "conventional" gear before unexpectedly (on her part) regaining it during the final boss fight.

The "Little Witch Academia" anime has main protagonist Atsuko "Akko" Kagari transforming into various creatures. While initially on accident and often outside of her control, later episodes has her pulling off multiple TFs consecutively AND on command. Considering her goal of becoming a witch and the bulk of the show takes place in a "high school" setting, this act could be considered a reward for her studies.

Honorable mention goes to Fake Althena from "LUNAR: Eternal Blue" (and its "Complete" remake), who agreed to masquerade as a goddess on behalf of Zophar, a god of destruction and the series' true antagonist. Despite promising her "eternal beauty and youth", the terms of their verbal contract left A LOT up to interpretation, and Zophar is a humanoid bordering on Eldritch-like levels...I guess true beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.

Needless to say, her reward becomes your boss fight.
no-name is offline   Reply With Quote