free hit counters
Missed TF opportunities in film - Page 5 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 08-06-2020   #49
howlingfan
Frequent Poster

Re: Missed TF opportunities in film

Not sure if someone already mentioned this, but one of my "favorite" missed opportunities (besides the aforementioned "Cursed") was the woman in "Dog Soldiers" (forgot her name since I haven't seen it in ages). Very Old Spoiler Alert: She's seen protecting the soldiers from the werewolves outside the cabin, and throughout the movie, I kept thinking, "It's too bad she's not a werewolf herself." Then she starts speaking mysteriously about how "being nice to a woman will get you nowhere; being nice to ME will get you killed" and "it's that time of the month." I thought, "Is she...?" Then her eyes glow, she flashes her fangs, and I thought, "Oh my God! Here we go!!" Annnnnd....she gets shot in the face. End of character and any possible TF. I was like, "COME ON!!!"
howlingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2020   #50
The Zesty One
A Real Go-Getter!

One of the original versions of Disney's Tangled involved Rapunzel being transformed into a squirrel and a girl from the real world being made into the new Rapunzel. There's a few very early animatics where you see the presumably squirrel-ified Rapunzel but nothing in the way anything remotely TF related besides the vague story outline. Sigh... What could have been.
The Zesty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2020   #51
thunderwing
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfish27 View Post
I just recently heard Judy Greer talk about this movie on a podcast. During pre-production, she'd gotten to go to Rick Baker's studio for test shots using the werewolf makeup/prosthetics; she really enjoyed that experience, and was very disappointed that they ended up going with CGI werewolves instead. It's something she still feels strongly about 15 years later. So there's a note for Hollywood -- Judy Greer desperately wants to be in a movie where she gets to transform via practical effects.

Anyway, I found this.
I really appreciate how much you can tell that werewolf used to be Judy Greer.
thunderwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2020   #52
budhud33
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zesty One View Post
One of the original versions of Disney's Tangled involved Rapunzel being transformed into a squirrel and a girl from the real world being made into the new Rapunzel. There's a few very early animatics where you see the presumably squirrel-ified Rapunzel but nothing in the way anything remotely TF related besides the vague story outline. Sigh... What could have been.
Do you have a link or photo for the animatics?
budhud33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2020   #53
Monstermaster13
Process Fan

I wouldn't call this a missed opportunity in film, since I don't think this movie ever came out. I just remember seeing a post on a website about this New Zealand horror movie about a 'werepiranha' or piranha-esque fish-man. I don't know if it had a title though.
Monstermaster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2020   #54
ailovestogrow
Erotic Author

Really, so much in Harry Potter. Voldy has an army, not a single wizard though to prepare a polyjuice potion with a bit of basilisk (on the grounds) or a dragon (Weasley brother or Hagrid has access)?
ailovestogrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2020   #55
asteroth1980
Leecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by howlingfan View Post
Not sure if someone already mentioned this, but one of my "favorite" missed opportunities (besides the aforementioned "Cursed") was the woman in "Dog Soldiers" (forgot her name since I haven't seen it in ages). Very Old Spoiler Alert: She's seen protecting the soldiers from the werewolves outside the cabin, and throughout the movie, I kept thinking, "It's too bad she's not a werewolf herself." Then she starts speaking mysteriously about how "being nice to a woman will get you nowhere; being nice to ME will get you killed" and "it's that time of the month." I thought, "Is she...?" Then her eyes glow, she flashes her fangs, and I thought, "Oh my God! Here we go!!" Annnnnd....she gets shot in the face. End of character and any possible TF. I was like, "COME ON!!!"
I totally agree on that one! That was SUCH a disappointment!
asteroth1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2020   #56
Mazoku
Process Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ailovestogrow View Post
Really, so much in Harry Potter. Voldy has an army, not a single wizard though to prepare a polyjuice potion with a bit of basilisk (on the grounds) or a dragon (Weasley brother or Hagrid has access)?
Catgirl Hermione, I can't even remember how much was shown or implied of her transformation in the movie, which suggests to me that it wasn't nearly enough.

Last edited by Mazoku; 08-07-2020 at 06:51 PM.
Mazoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2020   #57
generallyawesome
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by budhud33 View Post
Do you have a link or photo for the animatics?
Links and Details of the orginial version of the film can be found here:
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...veBeen/Tangled

My suggestion for "Missed TF Opportunities in Film" would come from Despicable Me 2. In the film the Villain produces a Mutagenic Serum that turns things evil. At the end of the film he drinks the Serum, turning himself into a Purple, Furry Monster.
I believe that the film would have had more emotional depth if he had used the serum on either Lucy (Gru's love interest) or Gru's adopted daughters and turned them into evil monsters. Otherwise, it made for a rather anti-climactic ending.
generallyawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2020   #58
ailovestogrow
Erotic Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by generallyawesome View Post
My suggestion for "Missed TF Opportunities in Film" would come from Despicable Me 2. In the film the Villain produces a Mutagenic Serum that turns things evil. At the end of the film he drinks the Serum, turning himself into a Purple, Furry Monster.
I believe that the film would have had more emotional depth if he had used the serum on either Lucy (Gru's love interest) or Gru's adopted daughters and turned them into evil monsters. Otherwise, it made for a rather anti-climactic ending.
This. Anyone got any links for erofics, or do I have to write some?
ailovestogrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2020   #59
thunderwing
Process Fan

I am reluctant to call it a missed opportunity, because it was a beautiful movie and I loved it, but I was left wanting more than Sally Hawkins growing gills at the end of The Shape of Water.
thunderwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2020   #60
Mazoku
Process Master

Killer Clowns from Outer Space - I thought there was some room there for clown transformation.

The Gate 2 - demon transformations a few male characters including the male lead but not the female lead.
Mazoku is offline   Reply With Quote