free hit counters
Shrinking Poll - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Shrinking Process

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 08-09-2020   #1
ailovestogrow
Erotic Author

Question Shrinking Poll

Going to be upfront, Shrinking isn’t my kink, in my mind why make a girl smaller than another girl when you can just make the other girl a giantess? But what do you all prefer? I don't see any of these as wrong answers, but as an author of smut I want to see what others are looking for in their process stories. If my poll doesn't have your special brand of kink, feel free to reply with what you're looking for.

I'm not looking for Source Of Transformation. What I mean is, I'm not looking for whether you like attribute theft, magical potion, scientific/realistic, etc in what causes the growth, just trying for the pure process here. Also not looking for much of the ancillary effects of Shrinking, though I don’t much care for crushing or vore.

I originally wanted to see how the poll function worked on the forum, but I think it will work better if people reply with a 1-10 next to the categories listed below, 10 being you can't get off without it, 1 being you commit hate crimes to the author.

SSh: 3
PS: 5
RS: 3
OL: 7
AS: 7
SS: 5
T: 8
WM: 10
RM: 8
SCS: 5
SCT: 7
SCM: 4
SCA: 2

Here are the descriptions

Straight Shrinking (SSh)
This is kind of the catch-all, you don't care how your girl gets smaller, so long as she's goin’ tiny.

Proportional Shrinking (PS)
While the female in question is shrinking in size, her proportions remain static throughout the process.

Realistic Shrinking (RS)
Instead of staying proportional in her growth, the girl experiences spurts or changes more in line with someone naturally growing shorter (such as gaining dwarfism features), followed by those same changes becoming more exaggerated as the shrinking continues.

Other/Localized Shrinking (OL)
Not all Shrinking is the same, and sometimes it is asymmetrical, or localized in one body part or another. Or the final Shrinking is normal, but the process is uneven as one part shrinks first then another.

According To Science (AS)
The Shrinking process, while fictional, follows the demands of science: oxygen conversions, conservation of energy, mass and heat displacement, Square-Cube Law.

Science Schmience (SS)
Getting a girl as small as possible is the only important factor, don’t care about the minutia of shrinking her.

Temporary Shrinking (T)
It comes and it goes. Maybe there’s something in the water, but our girl’s gonna need another sip if she wants to stay tiny.

Wardrobe Malfunction (WM)
Getting tiny doesn’t mean her clothing is coming with her. Not only does this mean she is tiny and naked, but growing back has its own problems.

Retains Mass (RM)
Ala Ant Man, this girl might be small but she packs a punch.

Size Category Small (SCS)
Short enough to be mistaken for a toddler, 1-3 feet.

Size Category Tiny (SCT)
Action Figure size, 3-6 inches.

Size Category Micro (SCM)
Small enough to interact with cells and microorganisms, from a millimeter down to needing a microscope.

Size Category Atomic (SCA)
As small as can be gotten, usually entering strange new worlds and dimensions while dodging the Brownian Motion of planet sized nucleai.

Doing this poll has been an exercise in fetish particulars for me, and I might have seen some things I like in the process. I’ll see about maybe adding a fairy to Book 3 of my series.
ailovestogrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2020   #2
Prof_Sai
Instigator

Re: Shrinking Poll

The best part of shrinking to me is how the shrinkee feels about it. She is challenged and embarrassed and must find ways to overcome.

Straight Shrinking (SSh)
5: The details don't matter as long and they integrate well into the larger story.

3: I prefer increased cuteness.

Realistic Shrinking (RS)
8: I like this better.

3: Can get squicky if done wrong.

2: Mostly this tends to take the fun away.

Science Schmience (SS)
2: Opposite. The results and her responses are the most interesting.

Temporary Shrinking (T)
6: Has potential, but could be done wrong.

8: Always fun, but can interfere with the visuals. Fine in a story I suppose.

Retains Mass (RM)
2: Nah, that takes all the fun away.

8: Even 5 ft could be fun for someone used to being much bigger. I like 4 ft.

Size Category Tiny (SCT)
5: 3-18 inches. Okay, but risks rendering the shrinkee useless and bored out of my.. um her skull. This can work if lots of people are shrunk and there is plenty for them to do.

2: Zzzz. Microbes are boring to talk to.

2: Not really shrinking at this point. It's just traveling to another dimension.

Last edited by Prof_Sai; 08-09-2020 at 03:04 PM.
Prof_Sai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2020   #3
shrinky428
Frequent Poster

SSh: 9
PS: 9 - always
RS: 2
OL: 2
AS: 1 - this only bogs down the narrative and is never sexy. Gets into Star Trek 'technobabble' territory.
SS: 9
T: 2 - there should be no cure, and very little hope of ever returning to normal.
WM: 9 - i suppose it's necessary in some cases, but it's never preferred.
RM: 2
SCS: 9 - when she's just starting to shrink is a great part
SCT: 9 - doll size is obviously very popular
(you didn't have a category for 'between 3 inches and a millimeter' - that would also be a 9)
SCM: 9 - yes, maker her even smaller!
SCA: 9 - Shrinking forever!
shrinky428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2020   #4
scidram
Frequent Poster

SSh: 10, yes I like shrinking in my shrinking stories.
PS: 10, this is a must-have
RS: 1, I'd consider this more of an age regression thing
OL: 1
AS: 4, I'm a science nerd, so a little discussion of it is okay, especially when she starts shrinking, but then wave it off
SS: 8, see previous item
T: 7, I like this if there's an element of her not knowing when she'll shrink
WM: 10, love the struggles with clothing at all sizes
RM: 2, I want her to be pick-up-able
SCS: 10
SCT: 10
SCM: 5, in some cases it's okay
SCA: 2, not my preferred size
Unread 08-09-2020   #5
ArcaneBEFan
Illegal Shrink Ray Dealer

SSh: 10
PS: 10
RS: 1
OL: 1
AS: 7
SS: 6
T: 1
RM: 1
SCS: 3
SCT: 10
SCM: 6
SCA: 1
Unread 08-10-2020   #6
JoeBlue
Leecher

SSh: 10
PS: 7
RS: 1
OL: 7
AS: 1
SS: 8
T: 8
RM: 3
SCS: 8
SCT: 8
SCM: 1
SCA: 1
JoeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2020   #7
Tiedefender
Process Master

Let the shrinking begin.

Straight Shrinking: 9
Just need to get to shrinking.

Proportional Shrinking: 9
No need to change proportions 9 times out of 10.

Realistic Shrinking: 2
This would be unattractive.

Other/Localized Shrinking: 2
This would ruin the proportions.

According To Science: 7
I like stories that have explanations for shrinking.

Science Schmience: 7
I also like stories that defy any attempt to explain it.

Temporary Shrinking: 8
Most of the time I prefer this.

Wardrobe Malfunction: 5
Either or works for me.

Retains Mass: 2
This limits the fun.

Size Category Small: 5
Not really small enough for me. However it can still be fun.

Size Category Tiny: 9
This is my preferred size range.

Need a size between 3in and micro. It would be a 6.
Would need to be very careful in the story.

Size Category Micro: 2
Not any fun for me.

Size Category Atomic: 1
No fun at all.

The shrinking and story are the most important factors for me. If either are done poorly it can really hamper things. Going to micro and sub micro usually just end tragically. That is very off putting for me.
Unread 08-15-2020   #8
Captain Ash
Adventurer

Shrinking out-of-her-clothes is pretty hot. I also prefer if there is clever story behind a shrunken woman.

Straight Shrinking (SSh)
10: Hard to tell which size is the right one. It depends on the situation/setting story. Here is it important how well the shrinking is executed.

10: I’m not a fan of uneven shrinking, so this factor is important.

Realistic Shrinking (RS)
5: As long as the shrinking is proportional, shrink spurts can be fun.

1: No, not my thing.

3: Since it it fiction, I don’t demand science, but it is a nice bonus if someone can deliver real science facts and weave it to the shrinking.

Science Schmience (SS)
9: See AS.

Temporary Shrinking (T)
5: Depends, I also like the idea that there is only an antidote, magic item or device that can return her back to normal.

10: Shrinking-out-of-her-clothes and having her naked and seeing how she is dealing with it is the best part.

Retains Mass (RM)
1: Would you want that a giantess can be pushed like a normal person because it has the same mass? Of course not, and it is more fun if the tiny lady can be picked up.

6: Stuck in a midget size. Can be fun, only to see her later shrunken much smaller.

Size Category Tiny (SCT)
10: My favourite size.

1: Depends on the story, but micro is not my thing.

1: Reminds me a Captain Future episode. But no, not really my thing.
Captain Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2020   #9
変な変態
Process Fan

The most important thing to me is that it is a fun experience overall. It might be embarrassing or a accident, but never mean spirited. My favorite stories are f/f where the relationship plays a very important part and the shrinking process itself feels really good.
For me this is basically about losing control and having someone you can depend on.
Too bad that these types of stories aren't written that often.

Straight Shrinking (SSh)
10: It doesn’t matter how happens as long as it is slow enough to enjoy it.

10: basically a must, even something as BE is a turn off for me.

Realistic Shrinking (RS)
2: Most of the fun for me is at unrealistic sizes.

1: nope nope, definitely not my thing.

3: Honestly most of the time I get annoyed with ‘realism’ because it doesn’t make sense and/or it takes up time that could be used for fun stuff. But I do like consistency.

Science Schmience (SS)
5: I don’t like it when the rules go out the window because it needs to happen for plot reasons. Even if its magic, things should make some sense.

Temporary Shrinking (T)
10: The shrinking process itself is a big part of the enjoyment I get out of it. Would be a waste if it could only happen once

10: Feeling the loose clothes brush against you while shrinking can be very emberrasing and exciting.

Retains Mass (RM)
4: I guess this could make for a interesting superpower. But this isn’t something I’m looking for

8: interaction with others is important to me. This size lends itself perfectly for that, especially if you get dressed up in kids clothes to hide that you shrunk.

Size Category Tiny (SCT)
8: This is as small as I would consider fun. You can still interact with the world, but you’re probably completely dependent on others. Exploring a giant world can be very exciting

3: One cell organisms aren’t as fun to play with.

3: not my thing.
変な変態 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2020   #10
ailovestogrow
Erotic Author

What I’m seeing here is shrinking has more in common with the BDSM community than I thought. Not in the sense of pain and pleasure, but rather shrinking is about dominating the subject. In some ways, the emotional response of the shrinkee is as important as the shrinking. Shrinking then becomes less about what a girl goes through and more about the relationship the girl has between her current smallness difficulty and those around her. As I’ve never looked to much into shrinking myself, this is great information to have for my stories.

To me, I didn’t hit my growth spurt until I was over sixteen, abnormally late for a girl. Even then, it was more of a whimper instead of a spurt, so spending most of my teen years childishly small made me kind of resent this kink. Who would want to be small? I want to crush my enemies and hear the lamentation of their women! Now, I can see the appeal because it is more about a dom and sub interplay and suddenly things make more sense.

I love the film Innerspace and the DC character the Atom was a favorite JL member. To me shrinking was less about the process and more about going on an adventure. Similarly with Alice In Wonderland. This probably skewed my ideals and so didn’t tick off my kink boxes like they should have. Do any of you have some smutty shrinking recommendations so I can explore this further?

Anyway, keep plugging in those numbers! I want to know more and y’all are the experts. Hugs and kisses!!
ailovestogrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2020   #11
変な変態
Process Fan

Slumber Party
by Sally Reynolds
http://elephanticity.250x.com/burned...er%20party.htm

The story is about a group of collage friends. One of them is a brilliant scientist named Susan who has invented a shrinking serum to make herself a little less tall. One of the other girls accidentally takes it and shrinking shenanigans ensue.

This is one of the first erotic SW stories written (that I know of)
I believe this was written at the end of the 90's. A lot of other SW stories are inspired by this one.

A Little Housework
by OhZone
http://www.process-productions.com/f...ad.php?t=35773

Two lovers having some fun with a shrinking potion.

This is a good example of a story about people who are into shrinking (IMO)
It says part one but I don't know if there is more planed for this story

The 10:23 to Micronia
by
Shrinkmaster22
http://www.process-productions.com/f...ad.php?t=16963

Two collage friends get into the wrong train and end up shrunken in a strange place called Micronia.

This one is more of a fantastical adventure story. I love how the characters interact with this new world and each other. It is so rare to see a story like this and I for one would love more sexy advanture stories

Don't forget the Angel on top
by Qzar9999
http://process-productions.com/forum...ad.php?t=35662

A woman needs to decorate the room for Christmas as she shrinks or else her girlfriend will punish her (not that she would mind that too much).

Qzar9999 is very good in describing the shrinking process itself. Like how baggy clothes feel and when pieces of clothing cover up certain parts (or stop doing so).
This is something I like a lot. And that he writes a lot of f/f stories also helps

These are some of the stories I read and liked a lot. Most of them have people shrinking out of their clothes and the shrinking process itself feels nice. I tried to keep most of my suggestions on the process itself ( I feel that Slumber Party deserves the exception )
変な変態 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2020   #12
ArcaneBEFan
Illegal Shrink Ray Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ailovestogrow View Post
What I’m seeing here is shrinking has more in common with the BDSM community than I thought. Not in the sense of pain and pleasure, but rather shrinking is about dominating the subject. In some ways, the emotional response of the shrinkee is as important as the shrinking. Shrinking then becomes less about what a girl goes through and more about the relationship the girl has between her current smallness difficulty and those around her.
There's varieties within that, too. I RP a lot on f-list, and I know that my approach to shrinking is not the most common.

LOTS of people really enjoy more violent aspects and revel in the insignificance they develop as a result of being so small as to go unnoticed or lost. Accidentally crushed or eaten with varying levels of realism and fatality.

And then when I play, it's like the complete opposite where I prefer focusing on how becoming small has made me (or the person I've shrunk) so much more adorable and needing focus and attention and care... yet, I still like being considered an animal or a pet after I've shrunk small enough (preferred sizes between 2 and 8 inches). But a well-loved pet.

I expect there's even more variation than that.

And yeah, I have noticed having things in common with people who know more about BDSM than I do! Shrinking seems to be like a physical substitute for other types of bondage or restrictions... not that I know the first thing about BDSM, but I know being small changes how you can interact with your environment.

Last edited by ArcaneBEFan; 08-16-2020 at 09:50 PM.
ArcaneBEFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
poll, shrinking