free hit counters
Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme - Indiegogo Campaign - Page 7 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transgender Process (M2F / F2M)

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 08-30-2013   #73
Zetsub
Frequent Poster

Re: Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme - Indiegogo Campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuddleBeam View Post
And then

I greatly doubt that after getting 500% of your initial goal you should worry about "dieing" as a company.
The game ended up being heaps longer than the initial goal, and we made the game 5x bigger as a result. The original game was a lot more linear, there were a few choices but most routes were 5-10k words long with 1-3 endings, now they're 25-40k words long and they have a minimum of 4 endings each. One character has 15 endings, she's going to be heaps of fun

If you do the math, we've been working on the game for 6 months, and we've got at least 6-9 months left. The IGG raised 27k, and there were a lot of fees involved.

It works out to about 9k a year, and that's not exactly viable as a yearly income, and we're both from Canada and Australia where the minimum wage and cost of living is much higher.

At the moment we're not making a profit, and if we wanted to make more games we'd need to be making 15k each. We're close, and right now we're doing it because the game is a *lot* of fun to make, but we won't be able to work on it full time unless the game makes more money.

The IGG looks like a huge amount of money, but once you do the math you realise we're not rolling around in piles of cash, we're doing this because it's fun and we want to make a game everyone will enjoy. Pre-orders are going well and if they stay at this rate then we'll end up doing well, but we're increasing our workload and adding more content to the game (like Bri's second love interest and hopefully the expanded mermaid scenes) as sales increase. We're aiming for break even, but if we get pirated and sales drop to 0 then we will end up behind. We're definitely going to finish the game, there's no issue about that, but we are a very small 2 people team.

In good news, we had one pirate show up in chat who pirated the game and said they liked it so much that they decided to pay for it, I know that this is a really rare thing and I was super ecstatic to hear it. I wish they hadn't pirated it in the first place, but I'm glad people are enjoying the game we made

Edit - For those who are curious, here's a before/after of Derek/Dina. http://puu.sh/4ezF1.jpg Gotta love drastic before/afters

Last edited by Zetsub; 08-30-2013 at 01:47 AM.
Zetsub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013   #74
GFoxx
Leecher

I kicked in $25 dollars to see this game made. I wasn't 100% sold on the art style at the time, but I figured you must have had some guts to try to put a product like this out there, so I gave $25 for it.

I'm anticipating the release of the second route, and at this moment in time, I certainly feel like I'm getting my money's worth. Kudos to the both of you, and I have no doubt it will only get better from here.

btw this is the first time I've posted in years lol
GFoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013   #75
Luke2013
Frequent Poster

Just bought the game now. Looking forward for what lies beyond from you guys.
Luke2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013   #76
Zetsub
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke2013 View Post
Just bought the game now. Looking forward for what lies beyond from you guys.
Thanks heaps! It really means a lot to us.

We've just released the second character, it adds 12 new CG's and 8 different endings to the game, and content wise she's 50% bigger than Yael in total. Hopefully everyone really likes the Bri route, we tried to listen to player feedback and adjust the game accordingly.

We've got a big summary image here: http://dkdevil.deviantart.com/art/IG...ease-403275655 and you can look at the 10 new screenshots we added here: http://www.desura.com/games/gender-b...wister-extreme

Let me know what you think of the second character! : )
Unread 09-27-2013   #77
Luke2013
Frequent Poster

How does it work exactly. How would I get bri? Would I just have to update the game like normal and she is added.
Luke2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2013   #78
Zetsub
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke2013 View Post
How does it work exactly. How would I get bri? Would I just have to update the game like normal and she is added.
I believe so, you can also download the standalone off Desura, if you own the game and log into your account on the webclient, you should have an option to download the game.

You can instantly tell if it's the Bri route if it says 'Bri Alpha Version' instead of 'Yael Alpha Version'
Unread 09-29-2013   #79
Spero Mcgee
While I breathe, I hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsub View Post
I believe so, you can also download the standalone off Desura, if you own the game and log into your account on the webclient, you should have an option to download the game.

You can instantly tell if it's the Bri route if it says 'Bri Alpha Version' instead of 'Yael Alpha Version'
Interesting project you got going on, good luck with the future updates.
I have to say though that Yael girl immediately reminded me of a webcomic of guy that got turned into a magical girl. Think it was named Yuki something.

Dum spiro spero (Latin "While I breathe, I hope")
(from wikipedia)

Don't think too much about your dreams.
Embrace them and never give up on them.

http://spero-mcgee.mybrute.com/
Spero Mcgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2013   #80
Zetsub
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spero Mcgee View Post
Interesting project you got going on, good luck with the future updates.
I have to say though that Yael girl immediately reminded me of a webcomic of guy that got turned into a magical girl. Think it was named Yuki something.
Sparkling Generation Valkyrie Yuuki. We're friends with the author.

Edit - Desura made us an official trailer for the Bri Route! http://youtu.be/0mrKBVru_NQ

Last edited by Zetsub; 10-02-2013 at 05:29 PM.
Unread 11-04-2013   #81
Zetsub
Frequent Poster

We've released a free demo version of the game here, which contains all the canon choices of the first character. If you're curious about the game but haven't had a chance to play it, this will give you 1-1.5hrs of gameplay and give you a decent idea of what the full version is like.

You can grab the demo here: We've just released the first free character for Gender Bender DNA Twister Extreme. It doesn't have all of the content of the paid version, but it follows all the canon choices and is about 1-1.5hrs long. If you're curious about the game but haven't played it yet, you can see what the game is like via the demo here:

https://mega.co.nz/#!bRBVyJxR!M4IfoA...KU55Z6xKij-FRM

or

https://mega.co.nz/#!bRBVyJxR!M4IfoA...KU55Z6xKij-FRM
Unread 11-23-2013   #82
Zetsub
Frequent Poster

We're now on Steam Greenlight! This is a really big step for us and it's pretty scary, but we think that if everyone bands together and gives us a vote, we'll get on Steam.

If you're interested in the game, give us a vote here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=197667538

Cheers
Zetsub/Lachlan
Unread 11-26-2013   #83
Dark Horseman
Lazy Bum

Well, it's a fetish/tg game, so a lot of the 12-18 year old kids on steam will probably go "WTF IS THIS ****" just looking at the transgender logo. I'm sure a lot of the people on this forum and other tf/tg sites will probably buy it though since there aren't any games with the same production value.

Rank 10/1835 on Desura by the way, wow. In comparison, Amnesia the Dark Descent is Rank 2/1835, lol. I guess this is a pretty good financial success so far.
Dark Horseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013   #84
Zetsub
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horseman View Post
Well, it's a fetish/tg game, so a lot of the 12-18 year old kids on steam will probably go "WTF IS THIS ****" just looking at the transgender logo. I'm sure a lot of the people on this forum and other tf/tg sites will probably buy it though since there aren't any games with the same production value.

Rank 10/1835 on Desura by the way, wow. In comparison, Amnesia the Dark Descent is Rank 2/1835, lol. I guess this is a pretty good financial success so far.
Yeah, it's been doing well. A few trolls have given us 1 reviews but now people are playing the game our score is going way up, which is awesome.

I thought I'd mention that in a few hours Desura has organised a special one day sale of the game, it will drop fro $25 to $15 for 24 hours only. I thought I'd tell everyone because back in highschool a friend of mine spent $80 to buy Age of Empires only to have it be bundled for free with the breakfast cereal NutriGrain the following week, so I didn't want anyone to feel ripped off if they bought it today or anything. So yeah, it should be live in 3-4 hours, on the front page of Desura.com http://www.desura.com/

Oh, and if anyone is interested Greenlight is doing pretty well. We're on par with a few games in the top 100, so we do have the potential to be greenlit. Even though we're getting *lots* of trolls, we've received 1709 Yes Votes. You need way more to be greenlit, but it's a really good start. Hopefully we can pave the way for more TG games to be released.

Last edited by Zetsub; 11-27-2013 at 03:03 AM.