free hit counters
Missed TF opportunities in film - Page 2 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 11-20-2008   #13
TF-Viewer
Slave to the Process Forum

Re: Missed TF opportunities in film

Well the Cloverfield thing was not an off screen body inflation TF, it was an offscreen death by explosion. Seeing her innards flying out and her exposed ribs and spine afterward would have ruined the illusion many people have that that scene was anything but the characters gruesome death. So I would disagree there.
TF-Viewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008   #14
baxter1327
Process Fan

Dog Soldiers!

Ol' girl gives that awesome speech about being a bitch- and JUST when it's set to get good, she goes and gets shot in the head.
baxter1327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008   #15
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxter1327 View Post
Dog Soldiers!

Ol' girl gives that awesome speech about being a bitch- and JUST when it's set to get good, she goes and gets shot in the head.
Yesss... everyone's hiding to change into werewolves, and when a werewolf girl transformation is going to happen then... otherwise, is a good movie. Promise.
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008   #16
Crinos
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewylewis View Post
what sequence, where?
Its on the request board. Two sequences done by B Mage for a request: One of Leela turning into a Slurm Queen, and the other just straight up weight gain. found here: http://www.process-productions.com/f...ead.php?t=3246
Crinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008   #17
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by baxter1327 View Post
Dog Soldiers!

Well she still turns into a werewolf, it's just under the table since she fell over when they shot her. Either way, looking at the other TFs in the film, it wouldn't exactly have been very "attractive" ;p
thrandrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2008   #18
TF-Viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrandrall View Post
Well she still turns into a werewolf, it's just under the table since she fell over when they shot her. Either way, looking at the other TFs in the film, it wouldn't exactly have been very "attractive" ;p
I believe you're confusing two different parts of the movie. The first TF takes place in the kitchen and it features a man transforming under the table. The woman later on is shot in the head immediately upon showing signs of transforming.

The film only had partial TFs, and the one off screen male TF under the table.
Unread 11-21-2008   #19
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
I believe you're confusing two different parts of the movie. The first TF takes place in the kitchen and it features a man transforming under the table. The woman later on is shot in the head immediately upon showing signs of transforming.

The film only had partial TFs, and the one off screen male TF under the table.
No, the officer transformed, but you know the woman made it too, because the other wolf gets up with a hole in it's head (I think shot through the eye) - that's why there's 3 or 4 there. It's after the other guy transforms.
Unread 11-21-2008   #20
Xanderfox
Process Master

Lots of werewolf tfs are quicker than I'd like, and a great deal are done off screen in Buffy there where many tfs, especially involving werewolves, that happened off screen and could of been process.
Xanderfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2008   #21
TF-Viewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrandrall View Post
No, the officer transformed, but you know the woman made it too, because the other wolf gets up with a hole in it's head (I think shot through the eye) - that's why there's 3 or 4 there. It's after the other guy transforms.
But she wasn't shot through the eye, so any wolf that got up with a hole in it's head wasn't her. Those werewolves could survive anything except silver and it was presumed that fire could kill them as well. In human form it didn't appear that they still possessed that invulnerability to normal weapons. She died from that shot, there was no hint that she lived, and she certainly didn't TF under a table. Regardless of whether she survived a bullet to the brain while in human form and TF'd off screen later (which there is no indication of that happening) she still would have died when the house exploded. As those were apparently werewolves who could die from fire as well as silver, some myths say that silver, fire, or another werewolf are the only things that can kill werewolves, unless they are in human form then they die as easily as anyone else.

Last edited by TF-Viewer; 11-21-2008 at 03:13 PM.
Unread 11-22-2008   #22
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF-Viewer View Post
But she wasn't shot through the eye, so any wolf that got up with a hole in it's head wasn't her. Those werewolves could survive anything except silver and it was presumed that fire could kill them as well. In human form it didn't appear that they still possessed that invulnerability to normal weapons. She died from that shot, there was no hint that she lived, and she certainly didn't TF under a table. Regardless of whether she survived a bullet to the brain while in human form and TF'd off screen later (which there is no indication of that happening) she still would have died when the house exploded. As those were apparently werewolves who could die from fire as well as silver, some myths say that silver, fire, or another werewolf are the only things that can kill werewolves, unless they are in human form then they die as easily as anyone else.
As I saw it, she was already partially into the transformation which gave her some invulnerability - but I'll check it out again tomorrow.

Just finished Hellboy 2 on DVD. Seeing the scene again reminded me of how I was hoping for a shot in the theaters - when the forest elemental is dying and the plants sprout up wherever his blood drips - how interesting it would have been to see that interact with human tissue. Either winding up with nymphs or people turning into trees or something.

Similarly would like to see a some live action film demonstrating something like the TPB "The Big Guy and Rusty the Boy Robot" (really need the animated series on DVD) by Frank Miller and Geoff Darrow where people turn into weird creatures when monstrous saliva drips on them - even partially transforming the Big Guy. I think there have been one or two short animation bits that have demonstrated something along those lines, but nothing in live action/cgi.
Unread 11-22-2008   #23
Sutibaru
---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truct View Post
Izumaki: I first saw what must have been a Photoshop image of a slug girl that only made reference to the movie. Sadly, I bought the movie and there were only some boy snails and no process. There should have been something with snail girls instead.
Yeah the only female snail is the television reporter. You only get to see her afterwards, it appears she is dead. If you read the manga, the snail story makes a little more sense. No female TF other than twisting limbs in the manga.
Unread 11-22-2008   #24
Crinos
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutibaru View Post
Yeah the only female snail is the television reporter. You only get to see her afterwards, it appears she is dead. If you read the manga, the snail story makes a little more sense. No female TF other than twisting limbs in the manga.
That's not entirely true, there's also the twisting hair thing, and also the mosquito women.

But yeah, serious lack of female TF.

ANYWHO, since this is the missed TF opportunity thread, any chance an enterprising artist could take up some of these missed TF opportunities?
Crinos is offline   Reply With Quote