free hit counters
Animorphs Movie - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 06-18-2020   #1
redmundman
Leecher

Animorphs Movie

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...estart-1299013

*cough*
redmundman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2020   #2
lmorgado
Frequent Poster

Re: Animorphs Movie

Huh... How many people remember Animorphs back in the ninties. I remember it and I know it because it involves kids transforming into animals. Strange is that ended it over twenty years ago, and people would start to forget it. I mean, it would be a rare commaditiy now, but I'm surprised they would have a movie coming out after an over twenty year hiatus.

Will it work out. Don't really know. With the films postponing to mid to late summer and a few of them deciding to screw waiting and releasing it on streaming services, there's always gong to be a problem if it will come out during a release of a really popular movie. Just saying. I would like to see it, but transformation should be in the privacy in your own home than in the theater. Don't question it or judge me.

#WherearetheGoodCartoons?
lmorgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2020   #3
catfish27
Frequent Poster

It's not like the books have disappeared from the universe, although I'm not sure how many copies get sold and/or are read these days.

I assume one thing they're counting on is people who read "Animorphs" as kids taking their own kids to see the movie (remember, it has been over 25 years since the first book came out).
Unread 06-19-2020   #4
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

I believe that they will respect the spirit of the series, so it will be starred by teenagers for teenagers (translation: underage characters for underage people, if you know what I mean), so truthly it is less interesting than it sounds.
Thanks for the head up anyway .
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2020   #5
redmundman
Leecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anahki View Post
I believe that they will respect the spirit of the series, so it will be starred by teenagers for teenagers (translation: underage characters for underage people, if you know what I mean), so truthly it is less interesting than it sounds.
Thanks for the head up anyway .
I mean teenagers in movies are almost never played by teenagers in real life. Unless they cast real young, I'm holding out hope I get to see a pretty blonde girl transform into an elephant in live action.
Unread 06-20-2020   #6
Anahki
AAWIL fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmundman View Post
I mean teenagers in movies are almost never played by teenagers in real life. Unless they cast real young, I'm holding out hope I get to see a pretty blonde girl transform into an elephant in live action.
Yep, in the 80s it was quite common. But nowadays they tend to cast "real" teenagers.
Anahki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2020   #7
redmundman
Leecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anahki View Post
Yep, in the 80s it was quite common. But nowadays they tend to cast "real" teenagers.
Man I wasn’t even alive in the 80s. Off the top of my head, the Hunger Games, that Power Rangers movie, and all three Spider-Man series all starred people at least in their early 20s playing teenagers. Movies and tv hire older because they don’t age as visibly as actual teenagers, so as to maintain visible continuity for potential sequels
Unread 06-20-2020   #8
catfish27
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmundman View Post
Movies and tv hire older because they don’t age as visibly as actual teenagers, so as to maintain visible continuity for potential sequels
Also, for actors under 18, there are specific rules about the number of hours they can work in a day, plus having to have a "studio teacher" on set in most cases (they're in charge of general child welfare, not literally just teaching).
Unread 06-24-2020   #9
scryer
Process Fan

Gonna be hard for this to get traction with modern kids/teens to read, 20 years ago when special fx were brand new seeing lowrez morph effects was groudbreaking, but now 20 years later this premise is like 5 mid 20-30 year old playing teenagers turning into generic beasts. There is a reason a character like beast boy is a joke on teen titans and go, he basically has no real superpowers compared to just about any other metabeing out there. The only people that this will really appeal to are now 30 year old boys and girls that read the originals and might pick this up for old times sake.
scryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2020   #10
scryer
Process Fan

Biggest issue with transformation related movies is nowadays they are either a female character and her change to beast is directly connected to either puberty or sexual awakening as a late teenager age because shes all repressed, like giving into her primal urges makes her a beast.
For males its a fast way to turn handsome mid 20-30 year old looking men into combat ready warrior beasts that any injury regenerates before they turn back to keep looking good.

Animorphs was one of those super early series about teenagers the readers could connect with who were fighting an invasion , before just about every YA fiction that filled the 00's and 10's took over, its just a worn out premise that they are going to really have to work on to get viewers
scryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2020   #11
~Circe~
Goddess of Transformation

I bet they don't even turn fully into animals in the reboot. They just absorb some aspect of them. They may change somewhat but not all the way. With few exceptions such as Tobias' situation. Perhaps the longer they keep an aspect, they continue to change. Changing all the way leaves them stuck.

Either that or the transformations will be blink and you miss it. It's a movie so they're gonna cut corners somewhere.
Unread 07-05-2020   #12
Twilight_Roxas
Process Master

I remember watching Animorphs on Nickelodeon in the 90s. Can’t wait to see how the film does.
Twilight_Roxas is online now   Reply With Quote