free hit counters
Missed TF opportunities in film - Page 4 - The Process Forum
The Process Forum  

Go Back   The Process Forum > Content Forums > Transformation

Inflation and Process ClipsProcess Productions Store Inflation and Process Clips

Unread 04-23-2009   #37
CNash
What would you rather be?

Re: Missed TF opportunities in film

Rule 35, anyone?

CNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009   #38
Crash Ichimonji
Perverted Asexual

The 90s rerere...make of 'The Island of Dr. Moreau' with the girl that was obviously part cat. All we saw of her 'reverting' was her fangs and eyes. Too bad she died before she actually got more animal like beyond her behavior.

And not sure if this was mentioned (too lazy to skim back through the thread), but the Mario Brothers movie could have had some female TF...or rather devolving with those nifty Evo-Guns the Gumbas weilded. Hell, even the Gumba-fication process they did on Toad would have been interesting to see on a female saurian-human. All we saw was that sleazy businessman (Mr. Scapelli I think was his name) being turned to a chimp and the climactic scene with Koopa at the end (well, and King Bowser reverting back to human form from a fungus). Still, to see Daisy or Koopa's skank being partially devolved to a reptilian form would be VERY interesting. The very premise of the dinosaurs evolving to a perfectly human form is such an awesome idea, shame not many film groups have touched on it. 'Anonymous Rex' on Scifi did something along those lines (still need to see the rest), and there was an episode of the first season of 'Are You Afraid of the Dark?' with a boarding school run by dinosaur-people in disguise who were raising eggs for a suarian coup against mammals.

NOW I remember where I got the inspiration for my 'Re-Evolution' story I posted here, lol.
Crash Ichimonji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009   #39
dorintf
Process Master

Yeah, I remember eagerly awaiting the 90s Moreau movie. That was a disappointment. Balk got progressively hawter until she got progressively deader. That one always annoyed me.
dorintf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009   #40
thrandrall
Chronicler of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorintf View Post
Yeah, I remember eagerly awaiting the 90s Moreau movie. That was a disappointment. Balk got progressively hawter until she got progressively deader. That one always annoyed me.
Good call. Forgot that one myself - been a long time. Got me hot in the theater.....then a letdown

Donate to support an artist!
thrandrall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009   #41
sodacat
Calling from the New Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Ichimonji View Post
'Anonymous Rex' on Scifi did something along those lines (still need to see the rest)
Anonymous Rex is actually a series of novels, so you might want to start there if you're interested in it. Also the dinosaurs don't actually look like people, they use, IIRC, a mixture of prosthetics and holograms to pretend to be human so that the humans don't find out about them and decide to kill them all. It's about as ridiculous a scenario as you could possibly invent to bring dinosaurs into the modern world.
Deviantart | Furaffinity. I write things here.
sodacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2009   #42
Crash Ichimonji
Perverted Asexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodacat View Post
Anonymous Rex is actually a series of novels, so you might want to start there if you're interested in it. Also the dinosaurs don't actually look like people, they use, IIRC, a mixture of prosthetics and holograms to pretend to be human so that the humans don't find out about them and decide to kill them all. It's about as ridiculous a scenario as you could possibly invent to bring dinosaurs into the modern world.
Didn't know about the book series. I did know about the holograms/prosthetics, though. I just liked that there was a scenario where dinosaurs didn't all go extinct. Of course, recent reseach suggests that dinosaurs died out from the Cretaceous extinction due to a sudden build up of carbon in the atmosphere that dinosaurs' ineffecient respiration systems couldn't adapt to. As Dr. Rigby of Notre Dame University once told me and some teachers at a dig, "So Jurassic Park my foot!"

But back to the topic...

I'll check out the books, though. Need something new to read that isn't manga, anyways.
Crash Ichimonji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2009   #43
Ladylike255
Banned

How about "Missed TF opportunities on TV?" I thought that missed opportunities in film board was so popular I think my idea for TV Missed opportunities might sound good! Anyone want to support my idea?
Ladylike255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2020   #44
Monstermaster13
Process Fan

Not that Cursed could have been a good movie or anything, but we don't see Christina Ricci wolf out until gradually near the end, yes she does inhabit some lupine traits like for some reason pheromones but she only wolfs out at the end.
Monstermaster13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2020   #45
Mazoku
Process Master

Princess Lily in the movie "Legend" was originally supposed to be transformed into a demonic werecat: https://www.figmentfly.com/legend/script3a.html . Much as I liked Lily's Darkness dress transformation, an eventual full demon transformation would have been nice.

Speaking of 80's glam-fantasy movies, in "Labyrinth" it was a bit disappointing that the Goblin King didn't turn Sarah into a goblin princess during the masquerade ball scene.

Kind of a weird one but, I thought they were going to turn the heroine into a silly sexy tomato minion in "The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC8SCqV_v_Y but nope.

Last edited by Mazoku; 08-05-2020 at 09:58 PM.
Mazoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2020   #46
Monstermaster13
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazoku View Post
Princess Lily in the movie "Legend" was originally supposed to be transformed into a demonic werecat: https://www.figmentfly.com/legend/script3a.html . Much as I liked Lily's Darkness dress transformation, an eventual full demon transformation would have been nice.

Speaking of 80's glam-fantasy movies, in "Labyrinth" it was a bit disappointing that the Goblin King didn't turn Sarah into a goblin princess during the masquerade ball scene.
I am a sucker for the concept of heroines being turned to the side of evil, and I know that I have seen a picture someone did of Lily transforming into a cat-woman (https://www.deviantart.com/macguffin...-Kyo-658375092) and I have done a similar type of thing with characters like Buffy Summers (I know Buffy did become a vampire, and Fulmoonmaster has done a Buffy or Buffy-esque character turning into a werewolf or sometimes it is actually Buffy herself turning into a were-demon or bat-monster).
Unread 08-05-2020   #47
catfish27
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstermaster13 View Post
Not that Cursed could have been a good movie or anything, but we don't see Christina Ricci wolf out until gradually near the end, yes she does inhabit some lupine traits like for some reason pheromones but she only wolfs out at the end.
I just recently heard Judy Greer talk about this movie on a podcast. During pre-production, she'd gotten to go to Rick Baker's studio for test shots using the werewolf makeup/prosthetics; she really enjoyed that experience, and was very disappointed that they ended up going with CGI werewolves instead. It's something she still feels strongly about 15 years later. So there's a note for Hollywood -- Judy Greer desperately wants to be in a movie where she gets to transform via practical effects.

Anyway, I found this.
Unread 08-05-2020   #48
Monstermaster13
Process Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfish27 View Post
I just recently heard Judy Greer talk about this movie on a podcast. During pre-production, she'd gotten to go to Rick Baker's studio for test shots using the werewolf makeup/prosthetics; she really enjoyed that experience, and was very disappointed that they ended up going with CGI werewolves instead. It's something she still feels strongly about 15 years later. So there's a note for Hollywood -- Judy Greer desperately wants to be in a movie where she gets to transform via practical effects.

Anyway, I found this.
Rick Baker's design got scrapped in favor of the CGI too. That's not the first time though, I remember that his Village Of The Damned remake plans got scrapped as well and there's that movie 'Isobar' (that plant alien on a train movie that was supposed to be made by Carolco and was going to star Sly Stallone and Kim Bassinger).